Creighton 12/17

• 16 replies

Poison

Creighton 12/17
« on: December 17, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »
St.John’s - 82
Creighton 69

Tonight’s storm is a sign.

Our defense shows improvement. Moore builds on his career best game with an even better one.

Re: Creighton 12/17
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 09:08:23 AM »
St.John’s - 82
Creighton 69

Tonight’s storm is a sign.

defense shows improvement. Moore builds on his career best game with an even better one.

From your mouth to God's ears. Hopefully motivated by unfinished business from the BET.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 09:09:34 AM by braintrust »

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 07:17:02 PM »
So hard to watch

Johnny23

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »
Team showing some heart here. Let's go!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 07:41:44 PM »
Earlingtons shot is smooth

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 08:05:11 PM »
Wusu is my guy.

Johnny23

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 08:39:27 PM »
Well this is the first blowout of the year.

Foad

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 08:46:55 PM »
Well this is the first blowout of the year.

But not the last

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
In Anderson we trust.

Dan

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »
same old crap

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »
The team is terrible. We didnt even play that bad and we got totally blown out. Creighton shot 57% from the field and from 3, such a great system defense. Its brutal to watch. This may be one of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen with such low defensive IQ.

Shows that the kids Mullin recruited that played the bulk of last year are way more talented than Andersons recruits. Enough of the excuses

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »
The team is terrible. We didnt even play that bad and we got totally blown out. Creighton shot 57% from the field and from 3, such a great system defense. Its brutal to watch. This may be one of the worst defensive teams I have ever seen with such low defensive IQ.

Shows that the kids Mullin recruited that played the bulk of last year are way more talented than Andersons recruits. Enough of the excuses

We played like shit.

To your last point? Who? Let’s talk about it. LJ sure, I was his biggest fan. What else from this game told you last years returners were way more talented? They got their ass beat last night too.  You didn’t see stuff from posh and wusu you liked? Champagnie?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:02:51 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 08:08:01 AM »
That maddening aspect of Anderson is there is no deviation from his method. So they play one way and can’t adapted to circumstances. I want to be positive and believe that he knows what he is doing. But last night the defense and substitutions made no sense. Maybe I am missing something but it looks really haphazard.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
I like what I see from Posh, Wusu, Champ, and Toro. Even Cole has showed glimpses this season — although he has has played terribly against Power 6 teams this far.

Coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Creighton and St. John’s are night and day. Creighton is a well oiled machine with crisp passing, ball movement, and precise execution. Their guys are oozing with fundamentals. We try to run past teams and if we can’t we just go one on one. There doesn’t seem to be a bigger plan in the half court.

Toro scored with a very nice back to the basket move in the first half and we don’t go back to him all game? That is the same thing as a RB going for 15 yards and then passing the rest of the game.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »
I like what I see from Posh, Wusu, Champ, and Toro. Even Cole has showed glimpses this season — although he has has played terribly against Power 6 teams this far.

Coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Creighton and St. John’s are night and day. Creighton is a well oiled machine with crisp passing, ball movement, and precise execution. Their guys are oozing with fundamentals. We try to run past teams and if we can’t we just go one on one. There doesn’t seem to be a bigger plan in the half court.

Toro scored with a very nice back to the basket move in the first half and we don’t go back to him all game? That is the same thing as a RB going for 15 yards and then passing the rest of the game.

Agree with your opinion on the coaching shortcomings generally. Also agree that a handful of players have impressed.  But Toro is definitely not one of them for me - he is arguably the most disappointing player.

The basket to which you refer is the only useful thing I can remember Toro contributing on offense all year. I cannot envision him repeating that often enough to warrant running even a little offense through him.  Maybe you go back to him one more time to keep the defense honest.  Guy is a wide body and not much else, and this team has been outplayed by every 5 man we've faced this year.  If he was taller he could be a space eater, but he's a somewhat undersized plodder that plays below the rim. Also a Joey DeLaRosa-esque FT shooter.

Obviously not the only issue with this team, but it is one that continues to stick out.  We have been the most undersized team in the conference for at least 4 straight years.  That can work if we are excellent on the perimeter, but we have multiple guards who can't shoot.

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 12:20:01 AM »
Agree with your opinion on the coaching shortcomings generally. Also agree that a handful of players have impressed.  But Toro is definitely not one of them for me - he is arguably the most disappointing player.

The basket to which you refer is the only useful thing I can remember Toro contributing on offense all year. I cannot envision him repeating that often enough to warrant running even a little offense through him.  Maybe you go back to him one more time to keep the defense honest.  Guy is a wide body and not much else, and this team has been outplayed by every 5 man we've faced this year.  If he was taller he could be a space eater, but he's a somewhat undersized plodder that plays below the rim. Also a Joey DeLaRosa-esque FT shooter.

Obviously not the only issue with this team, but it is one that continues to stick out.  We have been the most undersized team in the conference for at least 4 straight years.  That can work if we are excellent on the perimeter, but we have multiple guards who can't shoot.

Totally agree with your post. Its typical and undersized team shoots it really well to compensate for their lack of size and inside presence but we lack in both areas. Not a recipe for success

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2020, 06:30:19 PM »
I don't want to beat the inferior talent horse so lets focus on what's happening this season.

The distribution of minutes and rotation is puzzling. I think we need to figure out our identity and fast. I'd love to see a lineup with Champagnie at the 5 and Earlington at the 4 and while we'll give up size we'll gain speed.

Press and create off of defense. This way you get Posh, Williams, Dunn/Cole all on the floor at same time too.

Our bigs are not good. So stop playing them so much.

If you don't go super small then you 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle