Justin Champagnie

• 19 replies

goredmen

Justin Champagnie
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:28:53 AM »
With the season over now all eyes shift to the Champagnie twins. Justin's comments last week about how he and his brother will make a decision together about their future plans this spring -
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM by goredmen »

goredmen

Re: Justin Champagnie
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 11:30:21 AM »
Whatever, posts don't show up in full anymore so #$%^ it. Guess this place has only gotten worse while I haven't been around.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:33:00 AM by goredmen »

Johnny23

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 11:42:04 AM »
Julian needs to tell Justin to come home and win a BE title next year before going pro.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 12:28:12 PM »
Julian most likely goes pro, Mike dont need to use this as a excuse, he needs to hit the recruiting trail or tramfer portal like other coaches do. These kids dont hang around without oay in this generation.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 12:59:59 PM »
Julian is a very borderline top 50 guy right now. I’ve given up on guessing on the college->pros game translation, but based on what scouting services are saying he should probably hang around another year.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:00:26 PM by survivedc »

Johnny23

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 02:18:07 PM »
Julian is a very borderline top 50 guy right now. I

Johnny23

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 02:19:23 PM »
^ That's weird. It didn't include any text from my post. What I wrote was:

I think so too. Not only can he elevate his pro stock but Julian is a winner. Just the way he carries himself and his play. He wants to stick around and be a part of something special. This team can be real good next year and win a postseason game or two with JC and Posh leading the charge.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 03:48:00 PM »
I'm sure he will put his name in the draft and get feedback. I think he is still a year away. He needs an off-season to really work on his body. Would love to see him add 10 lbs of muscle.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 03:56:18 PM »
I'm sure he will put his name in the draft and get feedback. I think he is still a year away. He needs an off-season to really work on his body. Would love to see him add 10 lbs of muscle.
IMO he is a year away from being a year away.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 07:48:40 PM »
With the season over now all eyes shift to the Champagnie twins. Justin's comments last week about how he and his brother will make a decision together about their future plans this spring -

I haven't checked, but I'd be surprised if either of them are on the NBA radar for anything other than late second round picks as juniors or seniors.

What makes me nervous is that I could see both of them going to a blue blood together and sitting out (or hoping for exemption).

The only hope here is that Justin wants to come home and play with his brother at their father's alma mater.  We need a legit wing threat since Cole fizzled out. The wild Covid situation might make a transfer home without sitting likely.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2021, 07:51:54 PM »
I'd be very upset if we lost Julian. I've been posting ad nauseam for two decades about playing more rugged wing types at the four.  We finally have that guy AND he is a scorer.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 09:10:08 AM »
I haven't checked, but I'd be surprised if either of them are on the NBA radar for anything other than late second round picks as juniors or seniors.

What makes me nervous is that I could see both of them going to a blue blood together and sitting out (or hoping for exemption).

The only hope here is that Justin wants to come home and play with his brother at their father's alma mater.  We need a legit wing threat since Cole fizzled out. The wild Covid situation might make a transfer home without sitting likely.

No transfers are gonna sit this year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

jr49

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2021, 02:23:45 PM »

Blue bloods dont give ya the luxury of taken 6 bad shots down the stretch. Penny gets his touches here.

jr49

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 02:33:15 PM »
I'd be very upset if we lost Julian. I've been posting ad nauseam for two decades about playing more rugged wing types at the four.  We finally have that guy AND he is a scorer.
Dont we need a 4 who boxes out. I see penny as a 3? We need two fours who box out.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 07:40:27 PM »
Dont we need a 4 who boxes out. I see penny as a 3? We need two fours who box out.

Julian boxes out just fine for me.  He is a 3/4 combo. 

Poison

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 07:54:23 PM »
Justin going pro.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 11:59:12 PM »
Justin going pro.

Have seen where he is testing the waters to get NBA feedback and then will make a decision. Haven't seen he is definitely going pro unless you have some late breaking news?

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2021, 01:11:23 AM »
Julian will follow. He should test the waters and get feedback.

jr49

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 10:28:42 AM »
Julian boxes out just fine for me.  He is a 3/4 combo. 
dont blame him, but we gave up a ton of put backs.Real bigs were a nitemare for us. Only way for us to combat size was to turn a team over.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2021, 04:36:03 PM »
Andersons teams have never been known  for winning the rebound catergory through his history , his organized chaotic style tends to have players in the wrong position for rebounding  all to often, reallly can't blame players in this system for rebounding woes.