Johnny Jungle

• 20 replies

Re: Johnny Jungle
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 07:41:44 PM »
I wasted a decent portion of my evening reading that thread. That tangent was particularly tasteless, which is to be expected. Redmen is too busy of a forum and the formatting is terrible. Anytime someone wants to talk basketball you have to wade through 15 re-quotes and asinine comments about Sly Fox and that one meet up in 2007. These guys never had to pay attention to inches when they wrote.

I do miss this board having some degree of activity. I’ve watched the fewest games in a decade with our baby and cats fighting for dominance in the house. Maybe we, uh, need a board reunion at Trads to spice things back up.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:42:32 PM by survivedc »

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »
Yeah what happened to this board? After last season it just died.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 06:19:15 PM »
Yeah what happened to this board? After last season it just died.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t have much enthusiasm for the program anymore. I rarely watch full games, and I don’t really follow recruiting. I don’t understand how a school like SH can get Kadary Richmond over us.  We would have been a top 25 team with that kid.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 08:14:03 AM »
I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t have much enthusiasm for the program anymore. I rarely watch full games, and I don’t really follow recruiting. I don’t understand how a school like SH can get Kadary Richmond over us.  We would have been a top 25 team with that kid.

I think I’ve seen 5 minutes of a St John’s game this year. Program is dead

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 10:05:04 AM »
1. Popular, well liked players left the program. Dunn, Earlington and GWill were good guys to root for, albeit limited offensive skills, each carried their weight on the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Each had a knack for hitting a big shot, not seen this season enough.

2. Poor OOC schedule. Should have beaten Indiana and Pittsburgh. Otherwise, no buzz going into BE season. Cupcake schedule never tested team to jell early.

3. Team doesn't appear to enjoy playing with each other...the Brooklyn guys [Posh, Penny, Wusu, Soriano] have their thing, the transfers, I don't know...And where is Pinzon?

4. Where is Pinzon?

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 07:57:23 PM »
1. Popular, well liked players left the program. Dunn, Earlington and GWill were good guys to root for, albeit limited offensive skills, each carried their weight on the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Each had a knack for hitting a big shot, not seen this season enough.

2. Poor OOC schedule. Should have beaten Indiana and Pittsburgh. Otherwise, no buzz going into BE season. Cupcake schedule never tested team to jell early.

3. Team doesn't appear to enjoy playing with each other...the Brooklyn guys [Posh, Penny, Wusu, Soriano] have their thing, the transfers, I don't know...And where is Pinzon?

4. Where is Pinzon?

1. Grass isn’t always greener, but let’s see where this team is in a month.

2.We all agree

3. We missed shots. If Posh and Wusu hit shots, a lot changes

4. Pinzon is out with Covid

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 08:45:33 AM »
1. Grass isn’t always greener, but let’s see where this team is in a month.

2.We all agree

3. We missed shots. If Posh and Wusu hit shots, a lot changes

4. Pinzon is out with Covid

Hey Poison, Happy New Year!

Pinzon has had the longest case of Covid, he must be on a ventilator. Sarcasm aside, this team could really use him. Easily could be a third ball handler.

Lets take it to the Hoyas today!

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 12:12:36 PM »
The soft OOC schedule takes away a lot of excitement too. Looking forward to a tournament or a team like Duke was always fun. Anderson and co. have completely taken that from us with bizarrely weak scheduling.

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 12:59:37 PM »
The soft OOC schedule takes away a lot of excitement too. Looking forward to a tournament or a team like Duke was always fun. Anderson and co. have completely taken that from us with bizarrely weak scheduling.
got to keep that non losing season streak going somehow.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 04:34:46 AM »

Agree completely.

I don't even bother asking around or watching recruits anymore.

This program is going nowhere. It feels like the Norm years to me. Obviously Anderson will keep it interesting at times, but there is no real ceiling.

The announced crowd today for a nationally televised game at MSG against an all time rival was just above 5k and that was generous.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 08:13:24 AM »
Agree completely.

I don't even bother asking around or watching recruits anymore.

This program is going nowhere. It feels like the Norm years to me. Obviously Anderson will keep it interesting at times, but there is no real ceiling.

The announced crowd today for a nationally televised game at MSG against an all time rival was just above 5k and that was generous.

Comparing the crowd to previous years, like the Norm years, would make sense if Covid never existed, and school was actually in session.

Other than that, good eval.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 08:14:01 AM by Poison »

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 12:33:32 PM »
Comparing the crowd to previous years, like the Norm years, would make sense if Covid never existed, and school was actually in session.

Other than that, good eval.

Yes because MSG doesn't sell out every game. Carnesecca has been a joke. Maybe attend a game, cool guy.  Attendance has been down the minute Anderson walked through that door. There is zero buzz for this program. Zero. There is one local beat writer and no national stories.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 01:14:46 PM »
Yes because MSG doesn't sell out every game. Carnesecca has been a joke. Maybe attend a game, cool guy.  Attendance has been down the minute Anderson walked through that door. There is zero buzz for this program. Zero. There is one local beat writer and no national stories.

so far, and not yet!

Gotta keep the optimism and faith going….It’s a leap of faith (ignoring that we have been leaping for over 20years.

Or….

It’s the Redmen curse!!!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »
The legend leaving took the air out of the balloon. Covid and losing kills attendance.

You guys told me we would be good this year and it hasn't transpired. 

I've been to one game.  It's sad.

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 11:49:51 PM »
Has anyone found Pinzon?

Poison

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2022, 12:39:53 AM »
Has anyone found Pinzon?

Lingering symptoms from Covid, apparently.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 07:31:51 AM »
While I root for the team to win, I don't believe in the direction of the program.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 09:03:36 PM »
While I root for the team to win, I don't believe in the direction of the program.

I don’t know how anyone could at this point. I think myself and many others were surprised and pleased by some under the radar guys playing well. Since then there has been little improvement in the trouble areas while everyone else in the league gets better.

sju89tr

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2022, 08:22:39 PM »
I really relate to this thread, I was perhaps one of the most active posters at redmen.com years ago. The losing and the real lack of vision by the School has taken a toll. I have been following St Johns as a fan since 1981 and graduated from the school. I often say that we turned into DePaul but we may be even worse as they at least have facilities (my daughter went there). I too rarely watch a whole game and don't watch the recruiting battles anymore. I hope things change as I do like Cragg (and Anderson to some extent). Winning is everything to creating interest (see 2011)