Creighton Game

• 32 replies
Creighton Game
« on: February 23, 2022, 04:30:05 PM »
Will be at the game tonight. Any fans here attending? 
Will report tomorrow.

Re: Creighton Game
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 07:19:37 PM »
Loving the passing so far. Was creighton not expecting there would be pressing after made baskets?

Also, did Mathis decide he was going to start practicing FT’s? It’s like night and day from a few weeks ago

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 07:25:01 PM »
Nice finish to half after a poor start. need to stay aggressive and get this W otherwise next 3 regular season games are meaning less re at large berth.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 07:56:52 PM »
Damn I missed Pinzon!!!

Dan

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 08:37:07 PM »
that last minute is an automatic termination. you got embarrassed as a coach there. yikes

Dan

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 08:39:24 PM »
It's also clear Champagnie isn't up to big moments. Passing up the ball down one is a non starter.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 08:40:21 PM »
We are still in the first 50 out according my calculations.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 09:06:47 PM »
We are still in the first 50 out according my calculations.
Since NIT only takes 32 that might only leave us with the CBI or CIT.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 09:37:15 PM »
Man, Champagnie is not about it. Shot poorly throughout the game but then was not interested in controlling the game down the stretch

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 09:38:58 PM »
Also, the inability to adapt or change the lineup down the stretch killed us. Mathis can be a good player but has to be used effectively. Should have been Smith or Pinzon towards the end. Glad to see Pinzon back btw.

Dan

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 11:29:28 PM »
Man, Champagnie is not about it. Shot poorly throughout the game but then was not interested in controlling the game down the stretch

Yeah I mean thanks for playing here but wow is this guy not into it when it matters. Too bad

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2022, 12:51:02 AM »

How can you control a game when you can’t create for yourself or others? He’s a good secondary player that has been unbelievably overvalued.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2022, 10:26:51 AM »
I apologize and be first to admit I was wrong about CMA (CFC) …to Marillac, Carmine, Foad and others, you guys were right…I was living under the “no losing season” and hype this team gets year in and year out that this is finally that year. After this year and last night I have thrown in the towel.

Julian - who has 1000% out played his ranking has shown this year he is not the go to guy or star he was made out to be… he disappears to much and last night was afraid to look for his shot the final 12 minutes of game. Ponds, hatten, Harrison , Hardy, Kennedy, brownlee those guys all wanted the ball …hell even Anthony Mason Jr wanted it.

Wusu - might be up in running for my most hated player of all time. The countless bone headed plays of driving to rim thinking he is going to get shot up over 7footer is mind boggling. What a higher cause for concern is why is he still the guy who inbounds the ball. He has countless turnovers and bad decisions dating back to the butler loss last year that cost us a chance for bid. I don’t get the love for him it is very frustrating.

CMA - his subs his lineups are head scratching …creighton ran one play last night and we couldn’t stop it or adjust they lost there PG and they got better on offense? Why was Smith and Stanley on bench after the games they played up that point? Why is Mathis and Wusu on court on final play and not the shooter to space floor? There is a reason Wusu and Mathis we’re wide open and there guys were packed in the paint.

All in all very frustrating year …we are the New York Giants in final 2 min of half’s we just don’t score and give up buckets. Still love this program and will support but I think it’s time for a total make over and what that is idk. my wife who is experiencing it for first time since we were married in August what it’s like being a fan said to me this team is going to kill you.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 11:27:51 AM by talkbigeast »

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2022, 11:07:51 AM »
I apologize and be first to admit I was wrong about CMA (CFC) …to Marillac, Carmine, Foad you guys were right…I was living under the “no losing season” and hype this team gets year in and year out that this is finally that year. After this year and last night I have thrown in the towel.

Julian - who has 1000% out played his ranking has shown this year he is not the go to guy or star he was made out to be… he disappears to much and last night was afraid to look for his shot the final 12 minutes of game. Ponds, hatten, Harrison , Hardy, Kennedy, brownlee those guys all wanted the ball …hell even Anthony Mason Jr wanted it.

Wusu - might be up in running for my most hated player of all time. The countless bone headed plays of driving to rim thinking he is going to get shot up over 7footer is mind boggling. What a higher cause for concern is why is he still the guy who inbounds the ball. He has countless turnovers and bad decisions dating back to the butler loss last year that cost us a chance for bid. I don’t get the love for him it is very frustrating.

CMA - his subs his lineups are head scratching …creighton ran one play last night and we couldn’t stop it or adjust they lost there PG and they got better on offense? Why was Smith and Stanley on bench after the games they played up that point? Why is Mathis and Wusu on court on final play and not the shooter to space floor? There is a reason Wusu and Mathis we’re wide open and there guys were packed in the paint.

All in all very frustrating year …we are the New York Giants in final 2 min of half’s we just don’t score and give up buckets. Still love this program and will support but I think it’s time for a total make over and what that is idk. my wife who is experiencing it for first time since we were married in August what it’s like being a fan said to me this team is going to kill you.

Anderson's biggest flaw this year has been his overplaying Wusu. Champ has been hurting us. If he played just decently in 4 or 5 of his bad games we would be in good shape.
Anderson has done a pretty good job considering all the challenges the team has had this year, but he hasn't been perfect.

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2022, 11:22:53 AM »
Anderson's biggest flaw this year has been his overplaying Wusu. Champ has been hurting us. If he played just decently in 4 or 5 of his bad games we would be in good shape.
Anderson has done a pretty good job considering all the challenges the team has had this year, but he hasn't been perfect.

A good job? What challenges has he encountered that other BE coaches haven't? This season lies squarely on his shoulders. He doesn't adapt to situational basketball. He is so stuck in his system that he has tunnel vision when problems arise.

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 11:23:55 AM »
You can’t say he has done a good job this year …..he buried Wheeler on bench all non conference could have helped in games vs Indiana and Pitt ….not getting Coburn any play as well when we constantly had 3 guards who could not shot was another head scratcher. If he has done a pretty good job explain the subs and reasons for keeping Stanley and Smith on bench from 10min mark on?

Why does he continue to let Wusu play and trust him to make plays? We haven’t beat a team in top half of conference all year 0-8. Why are we always so unprepared and disorganized late in game in crunch time? Twice yesterday twice Anderson walked away in final minute and Posh and Wusu didn’t no if needed to call timeout or not and 6 seconds ran off between the two of them?

Yea ok sure he has got the best out of players who are way below there ratings but let’s not pretend he has been pretty goood this year. This is a team that has under achieved from Coach to there “Star Player”
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 11:27:10 AM by talkbigeast »

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 11:25:03 AM »
I apologize and be first to admit I was wrong about CMA (CFC) …to Marillac, Carmine, Foad you guys were right…I was living under the “no losing season” and hype this team gets year in and year out that this is finally that year. After this year and last night I have thrown in the towel.

Welcome aboard

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 11:27:24 AM »
A good job? What challenges has he encountered that other BE coaches haven't? This season lies squarely on his shoulders. He doesn't adapt to situational basketball. He is so stuck in his system that he has tunnel vision when problems arise.

What other team had the overall combination of losing their best two players at various times for games, losing their best incoming recruit for most of the year to covid, having 5 transfers playing key roles and not being able to practice for weeks due to covid, and having their best player lose his shooting for the majority of the year. Anderson has made mistakes but overall he has done a decent job.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 11:33:15 AM »
What other team had the overall combination of losing their best two players at various times for games, losing their best incoming recruit for most of the year to covid, having 5 transfers playing key roles and not being able to practice for weeks due to covid, and having their best player lose his shooting for the majority of the year. Anderson has made mistakes but overall he has done a decent job.

I think a team named Providence? Didn’t they have Covid pause? Didn’t they lose Reeves and Durham for games? They only play 7 guys? They were picked what in Big East?

Seton Hall? Aiken has been out now 2 months? Another PG guy hurt last night? Rhoden was banged up early in year and has not been the same player?

Marquette - brings in all new players coach and system and they are in 5th?

Creighton bought in D2 kid , have 3 freshman playing, last night had AOC on half an ankle , Kaluma was first game back in brace bigger then his leg and lost there PG with 12 min to go and only play 6 guys they are in 3rd?

Yea don’t give me those excuses ….. if we can’t beat Pitt with Julian at home that’s on the coach because he didn’t no how to use Wheeler or Coburn and. Others at that time.

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2022, 11:40:24 AM »
I think a team named Providence? Didn’t they have Covid pause? Didn’t they lose Reeves and Durham for games? They only play 7 guys? They were picked what in Big East?

Seton Hall? Aiken has been out now 2 months? Another PG guy hurt last night? Rhoden was banged up early in year and has not been the same player?

Marquette - brings in all new players coach and system and they are in 5th?

Creighton bought in D2 kid , have 3 freshman playing, last night had AOC on half an ankle , Kaluma was first game back in brace bigger then his leg and lost there PG with 12 min to go and only play 6 guys they are in 3rd?

Yea don’t give me those excuses ….. if we can’t beat Pitt with Julian at home that’s on the coach because he didn’t no how to use Wheeler or Coburn and. Others at that time.

Julian didn't play against Pitt.

Those teams didn't have all the issues combined like we did.