Good Thing We Fired Mullin

• 41 replies

Marillac

Re: Good Thing We Fired Mullin
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2022, 01:43:40 PM »
"The First Four is a play-in round of the NCAA Division I men's and women's basketball tournaments. It consists of games contested between teams holding the four lowest-seeded bids and the four lowest-seeded at-large bids, which determine the last four teams to qualify for the 64-team bracket that plays the first round."

See the word "in" up there. As in "play-in"? See the words "first round"? The play-in games happen before the first round. They determine who qualifies for the first round. Mullin didn't actually get us in to the first round.

Take a hike, you stupid clown. Go jerkoff the geezers at RM.

Foad

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 02:03:05 PM »
See the word "in" up there. As in "play-in"? See the words "first round"? The play-in games happen before the first round. They determine who qualifies for the first round. Mullin didn't actually get us in to the first round.

"When selecting the teams for the NCAA tournament, the Selection Committee ranks every team from No. 1 through No. 68"

See the words "When selecting the teams for the NCAA tournament the Selection Committee"? Which one of them didn't you understand? Evidently it was "selecting" and variants thereof. Because according to the NCAA the "SELECTION committee" is in the business of "SELECTING" the teams for the "NCAA tournament." And they selected St John's.

How about these words, which one threw you: "The First Four is the official start to March Madness." I'm guessing it was the three syllable one (that'd be official btw) you being a proud SJU alum, aka not particularly bright. FO back to RDC why don't you, those idiots can't read either.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 02:07:14 PM »
"When selecting the teams for the NCAA tournament, the Selection Committee ranks every team from No. 1 through No. 68"

See the words "When selecting the teams for the NCAA tournament the Selection Committee"? Which one of them didn't you understand? Evidently it was "selecting" and variants thereof. Because according to the NCAA the "SELECTION committee" is in the business of "SELECTING" the teams for the "NCAA tournament." And they selected St John's.

How about these words, which one threw you: "The First Four is the official start to March Madness." I'm guessing it was the three syllable one (that'd be official btw) you being a proud SJU alum, aka not particularly bright. FO back to RDC why don't you, those idiots can't read either.

Yes, they rank the teams. And the 8 lowest ranked teams have to play games before the FIRST round in order to win to get IN to the FIRST round.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 03:51:12 PM »
With fans like Proud Alumn we should become a D-3 program. Must’ve loved the Norm years!

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2022, 04:01:31 PM »
Mullin went 21-13 his last year here.

My bad. I should have inserted "Big East". 
I think what got him fired were a number of things.
-couldn't coach
-couldn't recruit
-the Slice fiasco that cost the university $3 million
-the constant commuting to the west coast
-selling his home after one year and moving into a hotel in Manhattan
-apathy to being at St. John's for summer workouts.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2022, 04:11:05 PM »
What warts does Pitino have on the court?

Anderson was just fired from his last job and they upgraded exponentially as I predicted. His style doesn’t work anymore and he can’t recruit in this era.

I don’t care if the coach at St. John’s kills people in a hole in his basement and wears their faces as masks as long as he wins. College sports are filled with disgusting people.

LOL!
I think you are confusing college basketball with one of my favorite movies "Silence of the Lambs".
Pitino is a great college coach. Hands down. My biggest problem with him is that he is 70 years old and is now media irrelevant even though he is coaching in New York.  St. John's needs a long term solution and not a quick fix.
How Anderson does in the transfer market will determine if next season will be his last because he is not getting it done in the prep recruiting scene.

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2022, 07:58:42 PM »
With fans like Proud Alumn we should become a D-3 program. Must’ve loved the Norm years!

This guy got everyone to hate him in the first week. That’s seriously impressive. We can’t agree on anything else.

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2022, 03:18:55 AM »
My bad. I should have inserted "Big East". 
I think what got him fired were a number of things.
-couldn't coach
-couldn't recruit
-the Slice fiasco that cost the university $3 million
-the constant commuting to the west coast
-selling his home after one year and moving into a hotel in Manhattan
-apathy to being at St. John's for summer workouts.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Ponds
Lovett
Simon
Clark
LJ
Ahmed
Tariq
Sima
Steere
Yakwe
Heron
Williams
Wright

All Top 100. Whether the pieces fit or not is a different story. That was in 3.5 years.

Still made the tourney without the ability to coach and had the program buzzing again. Did this while not having an AD til his last yr and an athletic dept that was completely clueless which led to an entire overhaul under Mike Cragg.

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2022, 06:07:58 AM »
Ponds
Lovett
Simon
Clark
LJ
Ahmed
Tariq
Sima
Steere
Yakwe
Heron
Williams
Wright

All Top 100. Whether the pieces fit or not is a different story. That was in 3.5 years.

Still made the tourney without the ability to coach and had the program buzzing again. Did this while not having an AD til his last yr and an athletic dept that was completely clueless which led to an entire overhaul under Mike Cragg.

Attendance was really high too. There is no excitement at all with the program now. Next year will be even worse.

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2022, 07:38:25 AM »
Well I had this to say when Anderson was hired. You can go back and read the thread I got murdered.

I'm not sure what motive I have. I have nothing to gain or lose by expressing my thoughts.

I want St. John's to be great just as any other fan would. I'm very skeptical at Mike Anderson's ability to navigate the Big East and culture at St. John's.

Van Macon is a good hire but hard to full evaluate until entire staff is filled.

I've known Coach DeMeo for a long time and he'd be over the moon to coach here and I'm sure he'd be at the pulse of some good juco players which coach Anderson seems to have a history with. Why hasn't any metro area school offered him a spot on staff? There have been plenty of openings over the years.

To me the whole vibe of everything feels very low mid-major. This is evident by the first 2 recruits signed. I feel like it's the path to be Virginia Tech under Seth Greenberg. Just good enough but never really good enough. Just see this process happening again in 3-4 years.

Again I hope I'm wrong. I'm rooting for success
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2022, 09:03:24 AM »

Fans like me donate. Do you? Because that is what we need. Tens of millions invested to upgrade our pathetic facilities so we don't have a big hindrance on recruiting.

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2022, 09:07:08 AM »

Attendance was really high too. There is no excitement at all with the program now. Next year will be even worse.

I don't think we've had a story or feature, aside from Zach Braziller on any sports platform.

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2022, 09:08:13 AM »
Ponds
Lovett
Simon
Clark
LJ
Ahmed
Tariq
Sima
Steere
Yakwe
Heron
Williams
Wright

Buzzing? We never finished above .500 in the Big East. All top-100? So what? Other than Ponds that isn't better talent than who Anderson has brought in. In both cases, not enough.

They made the play-in. Never got to the first round of the tournament. Mullin was a bad experiment.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:09:01 AM by Proud Alumn »

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2022, 11:13:09 AM »
Well I had this to say when Anderson was hired. You can go back and read the thread I got murdered.

Anderson assembled the weakest staff in the Big East and probably the worst in St. John's history.

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 01:04:41 PM »
Proud Alumn I do donate. I’m not part of the R/W but I have written a few checks since I graduated a decade ago. All I want is for us to be in tournament every year and every 3-5 years a shot to really do damage and make noise. I’d like to go to a Sweet 16 when my school is playing. I’m not asking for a final four. With folks like you and your woke board it’ll never happen. Mullin should’ve never been HC. We destroyed our greatest player of all time. Who will never want to do anything with us again. I was critical of Chris. Your boy Anderson is not the guy. Go get Slick, let’s win big. He would that’s not a debate.

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2022, 02:37:07 PM »
I don’t care if the coach at St. John’s kills people in a hole in his basement and wears their faces as masks as long as he wins. 
Ditto. Reminds me of when I wanted us to recruit Richie Parker.

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 02:45:46 PM »
All I want is for us to be in tournament every year and every 3-5 years a shot to really do damage and make noise. 
And all I want is to have a billion dollars and have anal sex with supermodels. I think my goals are more realistic than yours...and their not.

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2022, 08:33:26 PM »
Quality blowout win over Xavier tonight!

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2022, 09:28:13 PM »
Quality blowout win over Xavier tonight!
Let's not get carried away Xavier has now lost 7 of their last 8 games.

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2022, 07:02:13 AM »
Let's not get carried away Xavier has now lost 7 of their last 8 games.

Lol all he said was quality win.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.