X Marks the Spot

• 7 replies
X Marks the Spot
« on: March 02, 2022, 09:10:00 PM »
Important win on senior night against a fading Xavier team.
X may now have to play themselves into the play in game.
Anderson is now guaranteed to have another winning season but not really winning anything.
Win the Big East and get to the tournament.

Re: X Marks the Spot
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 09:21:06 PM »
Anderson is now guaranteed to have another winning season but not really winning anything.

It would be nice to end the season strong. I liked that the boys played hard and haven’t given up on the season. At full strength and Champ playing just decently, we can beat any Big East team.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 09:24:19 PM »
Clinched non losing season not winning season

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 12:14:24 PM »
It would be nice to end the season strong. I liked that the boys played hard and haven’t given up on the season. At full strength and Champ playing just decently, we can beat any Big East team.

Well, you shouldn’t be so easily impressed. This was a Norm Roberts caliber season. It was an absolute disgrace.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 01:03:39 PM »
Well, you shouldn’t be so easily impressed. This was a Norm Roberts caliber season. It was an absolute disgrace.

You must not have watched the team during the Norm Roberts era. Norm's Big East records:

3-13
5-11
7-9
5-13
6-12
6-12

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 04:13:44 PM »
Welp, a win is a win. This has been a disappointing season to say the least.

Talking to one former Johnny baller, “they need to land some talent”.

It looks like Champagnie and Wheeler are gone. Replacing them is an opportunity for the staff to show the fan base that they watch players before inviting them to join the team.

Foad

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 04:15:43 PM »
You must not have watched the team during the Norm Roberts era. Norm's Big East records:

3-13
5-11
7-9
5-13
6-12
6-12

Finally you've stumbled into a fact: congratulations. Norm was a paltry 32–70 which carry the one equals .313

Which is why Coach Home Run's .418 is so refreshing. This guy's a win every 10 games better than Norm. Extend his extension.

I know @MikeCragg reads this board. As do HL Menken, Ambrose Bierce, Robert Conquest, Lois Lane and Zach Braziller. #ExtendIronMikeBeforeSomeoneStealsHim  #ProudAdumb

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 10:14:04 PM »
It's March and I've started soaking up some of the madness in person pre-covid style.  Stonybrook now selling beer at their on campus arena. We're not despite the fact that alcohol is sorely needed to enjoy our team. And why can't you tip the concessions people at Alumni? I've never heard of that. Best half court shooting ever on display at the media timeout.  Kid just missed long on the first that swished on the second in only two tries. Impressive.