Big East Tournament Thread

• 110 replies
Re: Big East Tournament Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 09:59:21 PM »
Another year! Good luck to Champ playing pro ball in Warsaw.

I’m confused by the Champagnie acrimony. It stinks that he couldn’t pull through in crunch time but he was a good team mate, played hard and says the right things. Our program needs him to play in the NBA.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 10:20:17 PM »
He needs another year. He’s not league material yet. I’m not a scout. I find it funny he thought he was a pro last year. He’s a good kid represents but he disappeared a ton this year.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 10:45:37 PM »
I’m confused by the Champagnie acrimony. It stinks that he couldn’t pull through in crunch time but he was a good team mate, played hard and says the right things. Our program needs him to play in the NBA.

Well that’s not happening.

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 10:47:21 PM »
So we beat the worst team in the league and done.  This season was Normesque. We need a serious change.

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 11:12:09 PM »
They don’t want to hire the guy who would sell out the Garden and would have us in the tournament every year. Will take Anderson who will schedule Alcorn St and Arkansas St. and he’ll never have a losing yr!

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2022, 12:03:26 AM »
They don’t want to hire the guy who would sell out the Garden and would have us in the tournament every year. Will take Anderson who will schedule Alcorn St and Arkansas St. and he’ll never have a losing yr!
Hammer meet nail

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2022, 07:33:51 AM »
Honestly just downgrade the program to the American East or the MAAC. This way no more complaints about facilities. Let’s stop pretending trying to play big time college basketball. We can celebrate a winning season every year. I get it we’re not going to beat out UNC, UK, Duke, and Kansas for kids. Why can we not beat out Seton Hall, Providence and Xavier for players? Can that be answered. Have not played in a Big East Semi-Final in 23 years. The game is on our so-called home court. A joke of a program and school of greed.

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2022, 08:35:16 AM »

The 70 year-old sleazeball couldn't even beat Rider. Thankfully, he will never be our coach.

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2022, 08:36:31 AM »
Hard to win when you are playing 5 on 6. This was a ref screw job.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2022, 09:59:43 AM »
i am going to take the bait here from this clown Proud Alumn. Typical victim bs. We blew a 17 pt lead. Failed all year long to make for the difference when Posh is out of games. Our so-called best player choked worst than Abella Danger in a bukkake, to seal the game. Our coach does not know how to draw up offense and even worse with use of TO's. Then factoring in we are playing against the best coach in America. Go blame the officials or give me excuses that facilities are crap for preparation . The other excuse one is we're clean and their dirty. The game was there for the taken. Pitino with this group is playing tonight. Actually we would've had a bye and winning conference record.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2022, 10:00:50 AM »
Hard to win when you are playing 5 on 6. This was a ref screw job.

They were up by 17…At this point a coach should now that Nova will get a friendly whistle.

The pattern of this team all years has been the inability to finish. 2 seconds and the best shot they can manage is a half court one.

This team should’ve never been in a position that the only way to make the tournament was to win the BET. This game should’ve never been in the position where the ref will decide the game…

CMA should know by now the whistle will not be in favor of his team…Yet everyone is shocked when the whistle didn’t go SJU’s way. We as a fan base our pissed that the refs lost this game and tournaments chance, when in reality this game should’ve only decided what seed we would be in for the tournament.
Cougar O' Malley

nudginator59

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2022, 10:06:07 AM »
The positives is that SJU has a president who one, had a successful tenure at another BE school, two knows how to build facilities, and three understands the importance of basketball. The real culprit of SJU struggles is the 30 years of dismal leadership at the very top (basketball wise).

Cragg will be a lot more involved in next year’s schedule and in overall basketball operations. This is his guy so you have to make it work because unless there is a guarantee better Coach wanting to come to SJU he has no other choice.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »
The positives is that SJU has a president who one, had a successful tenure at another BE school, two knows how to build facilities, and three understands the importance of basketball. The real culprit of SJU struggles is the 30 years of dismal leadership at the very top (basketball wise).

I agree their is better leadership in place but, I am tired of excuses. Cannot change the last 20 years c'mon.

Cragg will be a lot more involved in next year’s schedule and in overall basketball operations. This is his guy so you have to make it work because unless there is a guarantee better Coach wanting to come to SJU he has no other choice.

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2022, 10:17:33 AM »
They were up by 17…At this point a coach should now that Nova will get a friendly whistle.

The pattern of this team all years has been the inability to finish. 2 seconds and the best shot they can manage is a half court one.

This team should’ve never been in a position that the only way to make the tournament was to win the BET. This game should’ve never been in the position where the ref will decide the game…

CMA should know by now the whistle will not be in favor of his team…Yet everyone is shocked when the whistle didn’t go SJU’s way. We as a fan base our pissed that the refs lost this game and tournaments chance, when in reality this game should’ve only decided what seed we would be in for the tournament.

It wasn't just a few whistles. They forced Posh out of the game with two ridiculous calls. Plus many other favored calls for Nova (the lane violation call was horrible). Wright is a good whiner that affects the refs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 10:19:43 AM by Proud Alumn »

nudginator59

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2022, 11:58:22 AM »

I agree, that change should be faster. Talk about chaos at the University. The school has had as many Presidents as coaches over the last 10 years:

President’s:
Harrington, Father Levesque (*Interm President, who I heard was a good guy), Gempesaw, and now Father Shanley.

Coaches:
Lavin, Mullin, and Anderson.

Depending if you want to count Levesque the school had more Presidents…Just crazy.

When you look at the terms.

Harrington’s 20+ years (way to long)
Gempesaw’s 5+ years 
Shanley, under a year

How can there can be any vision when leadership keeps switching out.

What’s even more amazing is that SJU some how always makes the worst possible decision at the worst time.

Even a freaking broken clock is right twice a day, the University hasn’t been right in over 20years.

The real issue is not hiring Hurley. Just like the real issue was not getting a big name coach instead of hiring Roberts.
Cougar O' Malley

nudginator59

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2022, 11:59:53 AM »
It wasn't just a few whistles. They forced Posh out of the game with two ridiculous calls. Plus many other favored calls for Nova (the lane violation call was horrible). Wright is a good whiner that affects the refs.

17 point lead…Did anybody else have that sinking feeling that the team was going to blow it. It would’ve been more of a surprise of they didn’t.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2022, 01:03:35 PM »
Haven't been this disappointed in a loss since the Singleton tech game. It's just heartbreaking being a fan of this program.

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2022, 01:41:10 PM »
17 point lead…Did anybody else have that sinking feeling that the team was going to blow it. It would’ve been more of a surprise of they didn’t.
Told my wife when we were up 16 with 16 to play that they were just tantalizing me and that we were still going to lose. How many times must you see the same movie before you know the ending?

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2022, 01:44:15 PM »
Told my wife when we were up 16 with 16 to play that they were just tantalizing me and that we were still going to lose. How many times must you see the same movie before you know the ending?

It was the Posh “charge” that did us in. But it was so obvious it would be something, anything.

Foad

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2022, 04:57:16 PM »
Hot off the presses and just in time for Happy Hour. An autopsy of #SJUBB. Here's to the losers: http://bigeastboards.com