Big East Tournament Thread

• 110 replies
Re: Big East Tournament Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2022, 06:44:13 PM »
Bilas on CMA -

Q: Your thoughts on St. John’s coach Mike Anderson?

A: I think he’s fantastic. I think Mike’s got the program exactly where it should be, and that’s getting good players and being hard to play against.

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2022, 07:32:23 PM »
You mean the new coach of Tulsa, that Mike Anderson?

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2022, 09:41:14 PM »

Today Creighton lost, low scoring, and Gillespie hit big shots at the end. If this was St Johns you all would be killing McDermott for not running an offense, not covering Gillespie, and choking at the end.
If Anderson leaves because of his treatment here that would be an embarrassment for the program.

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2022, 09:47:50 PM »

This would be a win win for both. But I think it's just a rumor because he was a Tulsa player. They can't afford him. If they could, there are viable candidates with better recruiting credentials.  Marillac would get a boner just thinking about Pitino getting the top transfer portal players and going to the sweet 16 in year one with Posh.

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2022, 10:03:34 PM »
This would be a win win for both. But I think it's just a rumor because he was a Tulsa player. They can't afford him. If they could, there are viable candidates with better recruiting credentials.  Marillac would get a boner just thinking about Pitino getting the top transfer portal players and going to the sweet 16 in year one with Posh.

It would be a big loss for us and an embarrassment for the program. If our fans run Anderson out then I will be ashamed of our fan base.

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2022, 10:28:23 PM »
It would be a big loss for us and an embarrassment for the program. If our fans run Anderson out then I will be ashamed of our fan base.

Why on earth would you blame the fans for Anderson leaving voluntarily for a job in a less stressful situation?  That's ridiculous!
Mike Anderson is a decent but not an outstanding coach. The biggest issue is his mediocre record in recruiting. He is not bringing in any impact players next year and likely will have to re-recruit his own players.
If he does leave voluntarily it says more about him than St. John's fans who have suffered through decades of mediocrity.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 10:29:40 PM by Johnny Rotten »

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2022, 03:01:35 AM »
Today Creighton lost, low scoring, and Gillespie hit big shots at the end. If this was St Johns you all would be killing McDermott for not running an offense, not covering Gillespie, and choking at the end.
If Anderson leaves because of his treatment here that would be an embarrassment for the program.

The embarrassment is fans like you. You settle and cheer for mediocre results for the sake of continuity.

Mike is ideal for Tulsa. He needs a step down. He lost his fastball years ago.

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2022, 03:04:01 AM »

McDermott just out coached Anderson a few weeks back in a must win game for us. He just led his team to the BE title game without his starting pg. Guys like you were crying when Posh went down for a few games and we lost. The math doesn't add up here.

Dan

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2022, 05:39:01 AM »
Anderson leaving would be a massive win win. Hope it happens. Because they're not firing him.

Foad

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2022, 07:50:31 AM »
Bilas on CMA -

Q: Your thoughts on St. John’s coach Mike Anderson?

A: I think he’s fantastic. I think Mike’s got the program exactly where it should be, and that’s getting good players and being hard to play against.

@Bkjbearcat1: At Arkansas, Mike Anderson got the nickname “Mediocre Mike.” I don’t think he improved after getting fired from his dream job.

@MikeVacc: I would really like to be able to debate this point, but …

Foad

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2022, 07:54:34 AM »

If this was St John's, they wouldn't be playing on Friday, much less Saturday, so there's that. Also, McDermott - the best coach in the league - has pieces of Anderson in his stool, so there's that as well. Also also, the program's already an embarrassment.

Other than that you made some excellent points.

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2022, 07:54:46 AM »
Also, what criticism is Anderson getting. We barely have a beat writer and we 2 message boards, where at wokemen.com all Proud Alumn does also known as OhioFan and Beast slurp his johnson. If Anderson is crying about Twitter probably should not be a coach at any program. Let’s see how this plays out. I don’t think he’s leaving.

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »
Why on earth would you blame the fans for Anderson leaving voluntarily for a job in a less stressful situation?  That's ridiculous!
Mike Anderson is a decent but not an outstanding coach. The biggest issue is his mediocre record in recruiting. He is not bringing in any impact players next year and likely will have to re-recruit his own players.
If he does leave voluntarily it says more about him than St. John's fans who have suffered through decades of mediocrity.

How do you know if Storr is an impact player or not?

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2022, 08:53:12 AM »
McDermott just out coached Anderson a few weeks back in a must win game for us. He just led his team to the BE title game without his starting pg. Guys like you were crying when Posh went down for a few games and we lost. The math doesn't add up here.

Nope, not according to the standards of the “experts” here. If the team doesn’t score, it’s the coach’s fault. If the other team scores, it’s the coach’s fault. Under your standard, McDermott coached badly yesterday.

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2022, 08:54:36 AM »
If this was St John's, they wouldn't be playing on Friday, much less Saturday, so there's that. Also, McDermott - the best coach in the league - has pieces of Anderson in his stool, so there's that as well. Also also, the program's already an embarrassment.

Other than that you made some excellent points.

We lost to the same team, both in close games.

You are not making any rational points.

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2022, 08:55:22 AM »
Also, what criticism is Anderson getting. We barely have a beat writer and we 2 message boards, where at wokemen.com all Proud Alumn does also known as OhioFan and Beast slurp his johnson. If Anderson is crying about Twitter probably should not be a coach at any program. Let’s see how this plays out. I don’t think he’s leaving.

Ok, more psycho delusional theories from this one …

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2022, 09:17:30 AM »
We lost to the same team, both in close games.

You are not making any rational points.

So being close in games is your standard?

Foad

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2022, 09:22:29 AM »
We lost

I have to hand it to you, for someone who knows next to nothing about basketball you every once in a while trip over a fact.

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2022, 10:35:16 AM »
So being close in games is your standard?

Based on your logic, McDermott did a bad job coaching yesterday.

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2022, 10:36:02 AM »
I have to hand it to you, for someone who knows next to nothing about basketball you every once in a while trip over a fact.

Still waiting for any rational point from you …