Big East Tournament Thread

• 110 replies
Re: Big East Tournament Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »
McDermott just out coached Anderson a few weeks back in a must win game for us. He just led his team to the BE title game without his starting pg. Guys like you were crying when Posh went down for a few games and we lost. The math doesn't add up here.
+1,000 they cry about that and every other little thing. Biggest excuse makers-according to some of our fans we get an unfavorable whistle in every freaking game.

Foad

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2022, 04:42:16 PM »
Still waiting for any rational point from you …

We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Let's meet wherever you're watching the NIT selection show and we can hammer out our differences about Anderson. PM me.

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2022, 09:50:55 PM »
We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Let's meet wherever you're watching the NIT selection show and we can hammer out our differences about Anderson. PM me.

LMFAO!
Nostradamus has spoken.
Now we can only hope that Tulsa actually comes calling!

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2022, 12:08:14 AM »
How do they spin this one? No NIT when this was THE year to make a run in the NCAA's.

Mike Cragg is nowhere to be found. He's telling people they have a no social media policy during the season, but what about last year when was gloating over a 4th place finish and interacting with fans?

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2022, 12:30:37 AM »
How do they spin this one? No NIT when this was THE year to make a run in the NCAA's.

Mike Cragg is nowhere to be found. He's telling people they have a no social media policy during the season, but what about last year when was gloating over a 4th place finish and interacting with fans?
Witness protection program.

Dan

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2022, 12:56:47 AM »
supposed to make ncaas...doesn't even make NIT. Fire him.

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2022, 07:40:27 AM »

Xavier gets a 2 seed and we don’t get in, even though we had the same Big East record and we beat them twice.
I’m wondering if turning down the NIT bid last year didn’t cause them to screw us this year.

Foad

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2022, 07:57:45 AM »
Xavier gets a 2 seed and we don’t get in, even though we had the same Big East record and we beat them twice.
I’m wondering if turning down the NIT bid last year didn’t cause them to screw us this year.

Exactly, it's all a conspiracy.

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2022, 02:30:37 PM »
supposed to make ncaas...doesn't even make NIT. Fire him.

I'm hearing it's a done deal. Anderson to Tulsa.

If so, I hope we get Holloway. I'm not too excited about any of the other names being mentioned.

Foad

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2022, 04:26:49 PM »
I'm hearing [...]

Are you hearing this from the same sources who told you Iron Mike doesn't suck? Or are your inferring this from Paultzman changing his forum avatar to an oil well. Because that could just reflect a fascination with BBC.

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
Are you hearing this from the same sources who told you Iron Mike doesn't suck? Or are your inferring this from Paultzman changing his forum avatar to an oil well. Because that could just reflect a fascination with BBC.

Still waiting ...

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2022, 10:14:56 AM »
Word is Cragg and Anderson will make statements today and Anderson is staying. Good news.

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2022, 10:59:45 AM »
Word is Cragg and Anderson will make statements today and Anderson is staying. Good news.

What happened to your source? LOL

Cragg is overseeing the worst era In SJU athletics. Every program is down at the bottom of their league. Yes, he shakes hands and is a nice guy.

Marillac

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2022, 03:37:46 PM »

Go away. Nobody likes you. It’s impossible for us to agree on anything here except for the fact that you suck.

Foad

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2022, 05:03:15 PM »

Yay! Hopefully in year four of the rebuild Iron Mike'll manage an NIT appearance. After that, the sky's the limit.

« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2022, 07:23:29 PM »
I'm hearing it's a done deal. Anderson to Tulsa.

If so, I hope we get Holloway. I'm not too excited about any of the other names being mentioned.

Your sources are impeccable OhioFan!  You have the same sources as LawmanFan whose knowledge of college basketball is unparalleled.
You will now have to ban another 5 suspicious redmen.cum posters who started the Anderson to Tulsa rumor.

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2022, 09:07:04 AM »
Your sources are impeccable OhioFan!  You have the same sources as LawmanFan whose knowledge of college basketball is unparalleled.
You will now have to ban another 5 suspicious redmen.cum posters who started the Anderson to Tulsa rumor.

Like I said, Anderson is staying. He released a statement afterward expressing his commitment.

I'm hearing Posh is also staying and committed to the program.

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2022, 01:23:12 PM »
Didn't Anderson do the same thing at MIZZOU?

Foad

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2022, 03:20:55 PM »
Didn't Anderson do the same thing at MIZZOU?

If by "do the same thing" you mean win 40 percent of his games, then no. For Anderson Missouri is the "been" part of "has been."

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2022, 12:48:40 AM »
Xavier fired Travis Steele last night after 4 years of missing the tourney. Their AD released a strong statement.

Let's see if Mike Cragg has the onions to step away from Anderson after next season. Three seasons was never realistic.

I don't see a scenario in which this team improves drastically. Champ and Wheeler are almost certainly gone. Unless they come up with an unlikely recruiting coup then this will be a repeat of the last 3 seasons or worse. I do expect their first commit of the offseason to be a juco.