Big East Tournament Thread

• 110 replies
Re: Big East Tournament Thread
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2022, 12:33:25 PM »
Xavier fired Travis Steele last night after 4 years of missing the tourney. Their AD released a strong statement.

Let's see if Mike Cragg has the onions to step away from Anderson after next season. Three seasons was never realistic.

I don't see a scenario in which this team improves drastically. Champ and Wheeler are almost certainly gone. Unless they come up with an unlikely recruiting coup then this will be a repeat of the last 3 seasons or worse. I do expect their first commit of the offseason to be a juco.

You can't see a scenario where young players improve (Wusu, Nwiye, Stanley), Posh plays great, Pinzon shows he is a scorer, Storr is a contributor right away, we get a good transfer or two? You are writing things off early.

Foad

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2022, 03:41:37 PM »
You can't see a scenario where young players improve (Wusu, Nwiye, Stanley), Posh plays great, Pinzon shows he is a scorer, Storr is a contributor right away, we get a good transfer or two? You are writing things off early.

I can see that scenario, with a telescope. Can you see one where the team's best player leaves for Serbia and half a dozen others transfer and Anderson's remains the worst coach in the league not named Patrick?

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2022, 12:23:19 AM »

Who improved on this squad this year? Certainly not Posh or Champaigne. The other guys you mentioned are all role players. Who's gonna shoot the basketball?

Marillac

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2022, 12:26:30 AM »
The Big East sucks and Indiana got destroyed. That makes our awful season look even worse.

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2022, 01:09:28 AM »
The Big East sucks and Indiana got destroyed. That makes our awful season look even worse.
Agree our season sucked. We beat no one of consequence (0-10 vs top 5 of conference and lost all 3 games against Power 5 conferences in OOC schedule)...except for our 21 point beat down of giant killer St. Peter's who slew big bad Kentucky tonight. LOL

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2022, 01:09:49 AM »

They're gonna say we beat St. Peter's

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2022, 09:17:32 AM »
Who improved on this squad this year? Certainly not Posh or Champaigne. The other guys you mentioned are all role players. Who's gonna shoot the basketball?

You must not watch many games. Wheeler, Soriano, Nwyie, Stanley, and to some extent Wusu all improved as the season went on. Mathis also played better and more focused in his role in the second half of the season. Posh played well all year.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 09:18:26 AM by Proud Alumn »

Foad

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2022, 10:21:41 AM »
You must not watch many games. Wheeler, Soriano, Nwyie, Stanley, and to some extent Wusu all improved as the season went on. Mathis also played better and more focused in his role in the second half of the season. Posh played well all year.

Shouldn't you be over at RDC washing Anderson's balls? My sources - that's right, I have sources too - tell me LawManFan's jaw is getting tired.

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2022, 10:32:24 AM »
Shouldn't you be over at RDC washing Anderson's balls? My sources - that's right, I have sources too - tell me LawManFan's jaw is getting tired.

Still waiting ...

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2022, 03:12:15 PM »
AD Cragg released a statement about the season ending too soon, and everyone is hard at work to get back to the tournament next year.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2022, 03:39:56 PM »
AD Cragg released a statement about the season ending too soon, and everyone is hard at work to get back to the tournament next year.

He also concludes it by saying we should blindly support the coaching staff and team because that's what helps the program.

Foad

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
Still waiting ...

For what? Mike Anderson to make a post-season tournament?

Marillac

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2022, 04:48:16 PM »
Still waiting ...

For what…your turn to lick Anderson’s ass?

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2022, 05:10:06 PM »
For what? Mike Anderson to make a post-season tournament?

For you to say anything rational or intelligent.

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2022, 08:44:25 PM »

So you're enjoying your freedom of speech here on JJ?  How many people would you have voted to ban had this conversation been on wokemen.com?

Marillac

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2022, 01:41:49 AM »
Seton Hall lost by 27 to a 9 seed and Marquette lost by 32 to an 8 seed. Uconn lost by 7 to a 12 seed.

The Big East looks awful. Even Indiana lost by 29. Our schedule looks weak.

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2022, 09:44:26 AM »
So you're enjoying your freedom of speech here on JJ?  How many people would you have voted to ban had this conversation been on wokemen.com?

Sorry, I don’t know any psychiatrists to recommend for your conspiracy theory delusions …
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 09:44:43 AM by Proud Alumn »

Foad

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »

Here's what I don't get. You posted here for years with your dopey Redman4Ever or 4 life or whatever your stupid moniker was about how lucky SJU is to have Iron Mike Anderson and in glowing terms describing all that we fans had to look forward to now that the savior has arrived and then when that didn't pan out because Anderson sucks you disappeared like a complete pussy. Fair enough. But then instead of staying disappeared you reappear as this alleged new poster proud alum - imagine being proud of graduating from a shit school like SJU, the mind boggles - but your footprint is exactly the same: you post the same old tired Mike Anderson ball washing and the same old you're not funny dreary bullshit. Maybe on your next sabbatical you could write some new material. Because your old material sucks.

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2022, 05:49:04 PM »
Seton Hall lost by 27 to a 9 seed and Marquette lost by 32 to an 8 seed. Uconn lost by 7 to a 12 seed.

The Big East looks awful. Even Indiana lost by 29. Our schedule looks weak.

Good fight by Creighton there. Tournament is always a hard way to grade: whatever conference St Peter’s is in doesn’t suddenly look better because they beat UK. Single game events have a good degree of randomness which is what makes them so fun, the NBA playoffs are chalk every year.

Sure would be cooler with 3+ BE teams in the sweet 16 tho.

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2022, 06:45:04 AM »
Here's what I don't get. You posted here for years with your dopey Redman4Ever or 4 life or whatever your stupid moniker was about how lucky SJU is to have Iron Mike Anderson and in glowing terms describing all that we fans had to look forward to now that the savior has arrived and then when that didn't pan out because Anderson sucks you disappeared like a complete pussy. Fair enough. But then instead of staying disappeared you reappear as this alleged new poster proud alum - imagine being proud of graduating from a shit school like SJU, the mind boggles - but your footprint is exactly the same: you post the same old tired Mike Anderson ball washing and the same old you're not funny dreary bullshit. Maybe on your next sabbatical you could write some new material. Because your old material sucks.

Ok, another one here with twilight zone delusions about people being other people. Could be an anxiety disorder.

And, still waiting …