Tulane Post Game

• 26 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Tulane Post Game
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 10:28:38 AM »
Great post NYReign.

johnniesfan,

I feel like van Gundy is too risky.  Sure he can coach, but does he have college experience? I honestly dont know, maybe he does --- but he's been in the NBA or announcing a while now...

Personally I'd go for, in order:

1. John Calipari
2(t). Sean Miller
2(t). Paul Hewitt
4.  Tom Pecora
5.  Mark Jackson/Chris Mullin
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »
Need a coach with personality and ability to be a big figure in the sport and bring it back to nYC the way it once was, if you ask me that man was or is Rick Majerus has New york ties being that he was tutored by the great Al Maguire.

Randomhero423

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 10:49:20 AM »
Van Gundy began his basketball coaching career at McQuaid Jesuit High School in Rochester, New York. The following year, he became a graduate assistant under Rick Pitino at Providence College, helping the Friars advance to the Final Four. In his second season at Providence, he was promoted to assistant coach under Gordon Chiesa. The next season, Van Gundy became an assistant coach under Bob Wenzel at Rutgers.

he knows how to coach NCAA ball.  and HS guys will love him.  i think if we get him we can end up being like UCLA.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
i am not even going to comment on the game because i will throw up in my mouth if i keep thinking about another awful performance, but i just wanted to point out that "junglefever" is the awesomest screenname for this website!

over and out!

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »
i am not even going to comment on the game because i will throw up in my mouth if i keep thinking about another awful performance, but i just wanted to point out that "junglefever" is the awesomest screenname for this website!

over and out!

why thank you.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007, 02:07:58 AM »

over and out!

why thank you.

I think HTGS posted this from the tanning salon in Howard Beach.

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007, 02:47:57 AM »

over and out!

why thank you.

I think HTGS posted this from the tanning salon in Howard Beach.

he's a platinum member
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle