Can we turn Norm into a Joel Maddon

• 4 replies
Can we turn Norm into a Joel Maddon
« on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:37 PM »
Since baseball season is about to start. I see us as the Tampa Bay Rays before Joel Maddon. We are a constant joke and we are not taken seriously for even .500 contention. I say we should create the chemical that makes Joel Maddon great, inject it into Norm's skull, and then we are on top again until we lose to Temple in the National Championship since he has yet to master Philadelphia sports (hey I see winning the Big East as winning the pennant so that is guaranteed so that is why I am not saying Nova). Maybe with all these Memphis recurits flocking to Kansas and spots shrinking by the day, maybe Lance can be our Evan Longoria, DJ our Carl Crawford, and Mase as our Troy Percival. Or we can do it the simple way and just fire Norm like the Rays did to their managers every other year and just hire Joel Maddon

Marillac

Re: Can we turn Norm into a Joel Maddon
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »
Hmmm.  Baseball managers don't do anything.  College basketball coaches are 100% responsible for everything in the program since they recruit the players and then develop and coach them.

Norm will never be great.  That is a fact.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:09:26 PM »
I was thinking about Joe Torre but he went to Kentucky (Cal is the Torre of College Basketball in this metaphor). Let me add a new point, who is more of an embarrassment, the 1993 Mets or the current state of St Johns basketball. One thing, at least Letterman never did a top ten on how pathetic St Johns basketball is but he did numerous times about the 93 Mets

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
Turning Norm into the lead singer of Good Charlotte could be kind of tough...

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
Hmmm.  Baseball managers don't do anything.  College basketball coaches are 100% responsible for everything in the program since they recruit the players and then develop and coach them.

Norm will never be great.  That is a fact.

Don't tell baseball managers that lol. I agree its completely different but I do appreciate the creative thread. I hope St. John's can be like the devil rays and emerged from dark cellars of the conference.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle