Best looking wives/girlfriends in sports movies

• 12 replies
Best looking wives/girlfriends in sports movies
« on: August 17, 2009, 06:23:19 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/scorecard/daily_list/2007/05/best-looking-wivesgirlfriends-in-sports.html

Imagine Bull Durham without Susan Sarandon or White Men Can't Jump without Rosie Perez. It just isn’t the same. Why? Because like any other movie genre, sports films need an attractive lead to keep the attention of its male audience and reel females into the theater. And if you're going to cast a female as a lead, there's no reason to not make her incredibly hot. After all, this is the movies, a magical place where anything can happen ... and any regular Joe can get the girl of his dreams. So to celebrate the sports movie babes, we bring you the five hottest wives/girlfriends from a sports film:

5. Lynn Wells (Rene Russo), Major League: With all due respect to Stacy Carroll (aka Mrs. Roger Dorn), Russo's film debut was in a word, perfect. Sure, she didn't sleep with both halves of a pitcher-catcher battery as Sarandon did in Bull Durham, but she managed to be likable, sexy and not a complete drain on the plot.

4. Lacy Underall (Cindy Morgan), Caddyshack: Was she really anyone's girlfriend? Not quite, but how could we create this list and not include the fabulous Lacy Underall? Not only was she one of the greatest characters in cinematic history, but she was flat-out hot, not '80s hot like Goldie Hawn in Wildcats or Jodie Foster in Stealing Home, but hot even by today's more rigid standards.

3. Ali Mills (Elisabeth Shue), Karate Kid: The classic "girl next door" who inspired a nation of males to take up the karate in hopes of snagging a girl like Mills. And don't tell me you didn't rent Leaving Las Vegas at some point in the last decade for the chance to see Shue. Or maybe that was just me…

2. Darcy Sears (Ali Larter), Varsity Blues: Three words: Whipped cream bikini. Need I say more?

1. Tenley Parrish (Jessica Biel), Summer Catch: An underrated girl from an underrated movie. We encourage you to check out this scene if you have any problems with my selection of Ms. Biel for the top spot

Tha Kid

Re: Best looking wives/girlfriends in sports movies
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:52 PM »

I disagree with this article.  My top 2 sports movies of all time - hoosiers and rudy - do not have hot leading women.

Mighty ducks doesn't really either for that matter, though charlie"s mom wasn't ugly - she wasn't in too much and wasn't like these 5 girls.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:18:37 PM »
Rene Russo looks like a dude, plus she has the glass jaw.

Eilsabeth Shue on the other hand is ridiculous.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:08 PM »
Halle Berry in The Program needs to be on this list.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 02:55:02 AM »
cameron diaz...any given sunday.

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »

Howabout baseketball...jenny mccartht, right?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
Brooke Langton in the Replacements

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
Sanaa Lathan, Love & Basketball

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:42:41 AM »
Talia Shire...Rocky's wife is Baldi's favorite

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 04:26:40 AM »

I disagree with this article.  My top 2 sports movies of all time - hoosiers and rudy - do not have hot leading women.

Mighty ducks doesn't really either for that matter, though charlie"s mom wasn't ugly - she wasn't in too much and wasn't like these 5 girls.

I hate agreeing with Tha Kid, but I have to here. 

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
Wendy the Lifeguard from THE SANDLOT

Squints was every guys hero after this scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5lHZQz-Z4#

kob24

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »
sanaa lathan love and basketball
halle berry the program
the dude from major leagues wife who smashed wild thing

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 12:17:26 AM »
Tyra Banks in Higher Learning