Jones Beach Concerts

• 9 replies
Jones Beach Concerts
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »
http://www.jonesbeach.com/

Anyone been to a concert at Jones Beach? Whats the story there? Are there seats? Bring your own cooler?

TONYD3

Re: Jones Beach Concerts
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:47:56 PM »
There are seats. They will not let you in with a cooler. They dont sell beer or alcohol. You can only drink if you have access to a VIP tent. If it is a ice night its great. If it is cold it is really cold.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:48:52 PM »
 I've been to many shows there.  No alcohol in the venue unless you have a VIP pass.  You can hang in the lot and drink before hand,  just drink out of a cup.  don't be obvious about it.
  The whole venue has seats and is pretty large.  Not a bad seat in the house and the sound is pretty good, even if your in the nose bleeds.

I didn't know Backstreet Boys were making a comeback.  Have fun Baldi!

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:56:05 PM »
VIP? Is that a totally different section?

No alcohol must mean a ton of those funny smelling cigarettes being passed around.

I'd love to go to see Backstreet Boys, loads of women at those concerts. New Kids on the Block would be a homerun!  ;)

boo3

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
VIP? Is that a totally different section?

No alcohol must mean a ton of those funny smelling cigarettes being passed around.

I'd love to go to see Backstreet Boys, loads of women at those concerts. New Kids on the Block would be a homerun!  ;)

VIP section is in a tent off to the side.  You can see the concert from there fine.  I think it costs like $75 to get as pass. In addition to your ticket.  Never found it worth it.  Funny smelling cigs.....depends who your going to see. 

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 12:33:10 AM »
I understand they installed an upper deck there for larger crowds but the no drinking thing is a killer.  Windy nights the sound can be iffy as well.  Saw quite a few shows there in the 90's when it didn't have that upper deck.  Not a show on that list I'd want to see though, even if I still lived over there.  Suggest everyone get to Summestage August 22nd for the free show by the Specials.  Saw them a couple weeks back in LA and they are still great.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »
I thought the Specials did NY already?  A couple of friends saw them, said they sounded great as well. 

I thought the sound was crap at Jones Beach, but it was upper deck and windy, and that big all-day festival they used to have in the early 00's.  Forget what it was called. 

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »
I thought the Specials did NY already?  A couple of friends saw them, said they sounded great as well. 

I thought the sound was crap at Jones Beach, but it was upper deck and windy, and that big all-day festival they used to have in the early 00's.  Forget what it was called.

Yeah, they played some place called Terminal 5 for two nights last week.  They sounded great in LA.  Just thinking about hanging out watching them in Central Park for free I thought was worth mentioning.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »

Yeah, they played some place called Terminal 5 for two nights last week.  They sounded great in LA.  Just thinking about hanging out watching them in Central Park for free I thought was worth mentioning.

Never heard of the Specials? What kind of music?

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »

Never heard of the Specials? What kind of music?

Ska.  Came out around the same time as punk with a few other post punk ska bands (Madness, English Beat, Selecter) on the Two-Tone label.  Late 70's to early 80's.