Daniel Dingle - SF - St. Raymond's HS - Bronx, NY

• 62 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Daniel Dingle - SF - St. Raymond's HS - Bronx, NY
« on: May 31, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »
http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089459

Daniel Dingle '12 of St. Raymond's (NY) is seeing his stock increase with college coaches. "This past week, UConn and LSU [got involved]," said Dingle, a 6'6 forward. Dingle is "wide open" in his recruitment, but did provide a long list of the schools tracking him.

UConn, LSU, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UMass, Kentucky, Iowa State (offer), St. John's (offer), Fordham (offer), "basically the whole ACC except North Carolina and Duke [as well as] basically the whole Big East" are those that Dingle listed.

Re: Daniel Dingle - SF - St. Raymond's HS - Bronx, NY
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »
Any relation to Dana Dingle?  Those St Ray's teams with Rencher and Antigua were good.

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »
Any relation to Dana Dingle?  Those St Ray's teams with Rencher and Antigua were good.

I believe it is his son.  Dad coaches the AAU team.
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:44:31 AM »

I believe it is his son.  Dad coaches the AAU team.

I might be wrong but I thought it was his newphew for some reason. Could easily be his son though...

His AAU team crushed us on multiple occassions a few years ago. I think their LI Lightning team won the National Championship in the 7th grade.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:29:09 AM »
Is there a Dingle who is '11?

Moose

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »
Is there a Dingle who is '11?

No he is '12 I'm pretty sure.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »
according to google search....bouncemag and slam magazine indicates its his younger brother.  FWIW
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »
My brother's AAU team played the Dingle Lightning team and had guaranteed me it's Dana's son.  That said, 17 year olds aren't the most reliable source...and he is now telling me it could be his younger brother.

Pretend I never posted.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 02:11:19 PM by Tha Kid »

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:48:56 AM »
“He’s one of the top young kids in the city without question,” said New Heights director Kimani Young, who chose Dingle as part of a New York City all-star team going to Turkey next week. “He plays the right way. He’s coachable. He’s humble. He respects the game. He honors the game. That kid, if he grows two more inches, who knows what’s waiting on him?”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/st_ray_dingle_emerging_as_top_city_tgS9RZXpGrJsHBZ73jWvKN#ixzz0x978vtfP

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »
"Dingle says that his doctor has told him that he’ll probably grow to a full 6-foot-8, which excites the gentle giant because that’s the height of his hero, Carmelo Anthony."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/st_ray_dingle_emerging_as_top_city_tgS9RZXpGrJsHBZ73jWvKN#ixzz0xA2qCBA2

im sure it would help our chances with him if he could share a locker with carmello
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »
"Dingle says that his doctor has told him that he’ll probably grow to a full 6-foot-8, which excites the gentle giant because that’s the height of his hero, Carmelo Anthony."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/st_ray_dingle_emerging_as_top_city_tgS9RZXpGrJsHBZ73jWvKN#ixzz0xA2qCBA2

im sure it would help our chances with him if he could share a locker with carmello

Carmelo in the Garden with the Knicks.
Dingle dressing in the same locker room

:)
Remember who broke the Slice news

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 09:48:14 PM »
I hope this thread doesn't turn into slashfic.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 10:37:57 PM »
Virginia Tech's Adrian Autry, St. John's Rico Hines & Tony Chiles watched Daniel Dingle & Nkereuwem Okoro workout today, per @CoachAntigua.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
It's his half-brother. His dad is a cocksman.
He had them twenty years apart, with different women. Same Catholic school

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
From the NY Post:

F Daniel Dingle, St. Raymond

The 6-foot-7 junior forward is quick and powerful, creating a match-up problem on the court. After a monster summer, Dingle has offers from a dozen Division I schools, including St. John’s, Rutgers and West Virginia.

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
Per Rivals....

Daniel Dingle, PF, St. Raymond's- The 6-foot-6 four junior has one of the better feels for the game that we've seen in the class of 2012. He's most dangerous in the high post where he drops dimes off for teammates, can shoot or shot fakes his defender for quick drives. He plays a smart game and looks like a kid who spends plenty of time in the gym honing his craft.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1163964

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
Technically you can tell Dingle is sound. He has good form and good array of moves but he makes a lot of poor decisions with shot selection and protecting the basketball. The game this weekend that Bossi was writing about was sloppy sloppy game. St. Rays was much more athletic. Dingle is definitely a big boy and he's going to get bigger he still looks like a baby.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »
is he really 6'6 dave
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »
Do these 3 guys (Dingle, Calhoun, and Okoro) look like main focus of the staff for 2012?