Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 04:54:22 PM »
he actually reminds me of Grant Hill a little...maybe because he looks like he is in slow motion but still gets the job done

38 year old, 3 ankle surgery Grant Hill.

Duke Grant hill and pre injury Hill was explosive.

How would you know you were in diapers when Hill was at Duke? :)   I saw Hill in High school and Anderson reminds me of him.  Obviously Hill was great but explosive is not the word that comes to mind to describe him.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
http://bcove.me/ompy9pdn

Some video of their game against Linden

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 12:36:14 PM »
Mr. Versatility Junior Kyle Anderson (Jersey City, N.J./St. Anthony) is one of the most versatile players in the nation. Anderson can play every position on the floor offensively. He has tremendous vision and basketball I.Q., which makes him a great passer. He is a good ball handler that may not be fancy or pretty but is very effective. He is a good rebounder and inside scorer due to his length and size. Anderson is nicknamed Slow Motion, but opponents might rather call him Matchup Problem or Nightmare.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6124514

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
if u ask me i believe he will end up at st johns

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »
Per Rivals.... 

Kyle Anderson (2012, Playaz)- You don't see many 6-foot-8 prospects like Anderson. Offensively he is a high level point guard with a sublime feel for quarterbacking a team. Defensively, he is a four man who although slow of foot makes plays with his length and anticipation.

Anderson is presently listing St. John's, Seton Hall, UCLA, Villanova, Arizona, Xavier and Georgetown. He has visited all but Arizona and plans to make it there this spring. He mentioned Seton Hall as the school that is recruiting him the hardest and said they are doing a great job recruiting him.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1209879

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2011, 09:05:01 AM »
Arizona recently passed a law that allows guns on college campuses.  I wonder what parent would want to send their kid there.  Keon Lawrence's mom---maybe.

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
Per Rivals....

Kyle Anderson, PG, Playaz Basketball Club- Anderson and Julius Randle put on an awesome display of high level play-making during the Playaz 18 point come from behind win. Some complain about Anderson's lack of footspeed, but his skill level, feel for the game and understanding of how to use his body are big time weapons. He loves to back guys down a la Mark Jackson and then spin to make plays.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1210112

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....

Kyle Anderson (Fairview, N.J./St. Anthony's)
2012, SF/PG, 6-8, 220 pounds | Team: Playaz Basketball Club
Anderson is one of the best "basketball players" in the class. Because of his combination of size and perimeter skill it is hard to decide on Anderson's position on the floor. He has a Jalen Rose-type game in that he is a big point-forward who plays at his own pace and sees the next play before it happens. He laid low in the weeds in the first half against Team Texas Titans as they ran out to a 17-point lead, but then led his team back to an outstanding comeback win with scoring and playmaking ability that is rare for a young player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6321918

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »
 I like the Jalen Rose comparison.

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2011, 09:06:53 PM »
Per Rivals....

Kyle Anderson (2012, Playaz) - One of the more unique prospects to come around in recent times, Anderson controls games with his intelligence, skill and length at the point guard position. He is the ultimate facilitator and constantly produces a variety of winning plays.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1210644

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:10 PM »
I would love to get Anderson...of course he needs to get stronger :)

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2011, 12:37:34 AM »
Per ESPN Recruiting (Dave Telep)....

The continuing evolution of Anderson
In my time as a talent evaluator, I've listed one person, over the course of his career, as a point guard, small forward and power forward. That prospect is Kyle Anderson (Fairview, N.J./St. Anthony). The 6-foot-7 member of the high school national champs is the Playaz best player. In addition to that, he's the single most difficult prospect in America to define position-wise. At the end of the day, his résumé reads winner and his natural gift is his vision on the floor and passing skills. It's about time we ceased pigeonholing him into a position and credited him for being a facilitator, winner and valuable piece of a high-major program. Put good players around him, he'll make them better. He's the owner of a super attitude, big wattage smile and the kind of guy you bring into your program and determine the best way to use him based on your current personnel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6329454

I've been saying for months about putting good players around Anderson and he'll make 'em better.  Get Anderson to join the 2011 class and we're talking about a very formidable team in 2011-2012.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:39:29 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
Per Rivals....

Jerry Meyer: What We Learned

1. Slow and in control

He goes by the moniker "Slomo" and for good reason. Kyle Anderson isn't very fast. But perhaps as one of the greatest paradoxes to come around on the grassroots level, it is his slowness that makes Anderson so great.

In a similar way that Larry Bird controlled a basketball game, so does Anderson. By staying under control and never rushing, he is able to access his superior basketball IQ and process the game at the highest level on the court. The slower he physically moves, the faster he is mentally. At 6-foot-8 and with a tremendous skill level, Anderson can execute pretty much any play in his own time. His deliberate style takes control of the game like a great quarterback or pitcher. Typically we think faster is better in basketball, but with "Slomo" slower is better.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1211388

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »
Per scout.  Saying 4 schools "stand out," UCLA, SHU, Arizona and SJU.

Not quite saying these are his 4 finalists however:

In fact four schools are starting to emerge a little bit for Anderson after he evaluated things during the college season.

“Arizona, UCLA, Seton Hall, and St. John’s are starting to standout,” he noted.

“I watched Arizona in the tournament and Coach (Sean) Miller does a great job of executing plays,” said Anderson. “Coach (Steve) Lavin did a great job at St. John’s this year, Coach (Kevin) Willard is a great up and coming coach at Seton Hall, and Coach (Ben) Howland at UCLA has done a great job throughout his career.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1063958.html

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Per scout.  Saying 4 schools "stand out," UCLA, SHU, Arizona and SJU.

Not quite saying these are his 4 finalists however:

In fact four schools are starting to emerge a little bit for Anderson after he evaluated things during the college season.

“Arizona, UCLA, Seton Hall, and St. John’s are starting to standout,” he noted.

“I watched Arizona in the tournament and Coach (Sean) Miller does a great job of executing plays,” said Anderson. “Coach (Steve) Lavin did a great job at St. John’s this year, Coach (Kevin) Willard is a great up and coming coach at Seton Hall, and Coach (Ben) Howland at UCLA has done a great job throughout his career.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1063958.html

Appreciate it, fordham!

Very good news, indeed.  I, honestly like our chances if it does come down to us and the other 3 schools.  Anderson is a kid whose game I came to love when I saw him nearly two years ago.  Nab him, staff!

Poison

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
Willard is a great up and coming coach?

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »
Seton Hall has done everything possible to get KA. Even the Governor (seton hall alum) was plugging the university at Bob Hurley's 1,000th win.

Don't discount Rutgers as the local darkhorse having Myles Mack a St. Anthony's/NJ Playaz pipeline. Next year will be telling if Rice can get those young guys to play well.

KA will definitely be a late signee which I think will eliminate St. John's from going after him as I think St. John's will get more guys in the early signing period.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
KA will definitely be a late signee which I think will eliminate St. John's from going after him as I think St. John's will get more guys in the early signing period.

More guys?  Honestly, I don't see it.

Most, if not all of the scholarships will be filled.  So, the Johnnies can afford to wait in this situation.  I know there is always alternatives when you miss out on your initial targets, but it seems the staff are seriously going after Anderson and Gathers.  With a very, limited number of available scholarships then they (the staff) can focus most of their attention on those two.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:31:19 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
If we want Kyle Anderson, I can't imagine there not being a scholarship for him. Now whether he picks us...

kjd01067

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »
If we want Kyle Anderson, I can't imagine there not being a scholarship for him. Now whether he picks us...

I'm not worried about recruits as much as I use to be.  It is not like the old days where if we missed on the top flight guy we scrambled and had to beat out western Kentucky for a diamond in the rough.  Lavin has showed he can recruit against anyone one and will come out as the winner.  Lavin doesn't have to wait for Anderson and that is a good thing in my book.