Re: Tavon Sledge
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
Can never have enough PGs
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Happy

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
Can never have enough PGs

Agreed .. Unfortunately Sledge isn't one .

Chilleb

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
Can somone elaborate on why no need ? After bigs our second biggest priority is pg's. He plays defense , is lightning quick , jumps out the gym and can create for himself. why wouldn't u want him? Phil Greene is decent but by no measure is a better than tavon sledge

Happy

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Can somone elaborate on why no need ? After bigs our second biggest priority is pg's. He plays defense , is lightning quick , jumps out the gym and can create for himself. why wouldn't u want him? Phil Greene is decent but by no measure is a better than tavon sledge

Having seen Sledge a zillion times I can honestly say he is the worlds shortest shooting guard.  C'mon man Sledge don't pass.. He does have hops for days though. 

Chilleb

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

Having seen Sledge a zillion times I can honestly say he is the worlds shortest shooting guard.  C'mon man Sledge don't pass.. He does have hops for days though.
I totally agree he he was selfish in highschool , but that's highschool he has all the tools to be a great point in college. Think about it all these little guards in college averaged 30 in highschool . Tavon was one of them

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »
Dont see the need for him either. Would rather keep that spot open for Rysheed Jordan

Happy

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

I totally agree he he was selfish in highschool , but that's highschool he has all the tools to be a great point in college. Think about it all these little guards in college averaged 30 in highschool . Tavon was one of them

You could be right.. But honestly with the limited amount of ships for 2013.. and the quality of recruits that we are involved with for '13 .. Do we really need to be giving one of those ships to a 5'8 shoot first point guard?

Chilleb

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »

You could be right.. But honestly with the limited amount of ships for 2013.. and the quality of recruits that we are involved with for '13 .. Do we really need to be giving one of those ships to a 5'8 shoot first point guard?
Depends on how confident the staff is that ther going to land a guy like Jordan

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 09:57:37 PM »
I O N A. WOW perfect fit

redslope

Re: Tavon Sledge - PG - Iowa State Transfer - Dix Hills, NY
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 10:53:48 PM »
we do not need any more Smurfs

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »
Sterling Gibbs next

ras

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
A lot of good PGs in next years class showing interest in SJU. I say save the scholi.

Moose

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:01 PM »

LJSA

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 11:27:12 PM »
I O N A. WOW perfect fit

Of course

This time Im serious. lol

Easy sell job, too. "See that big gaping hole in the lineup? That's where a guy who averaged 10 assists a game in my offense and headed to the NBA in June used to be."

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:35 PM »
WHen " Happy " texted me today and told me this news my first thought was Iona joking around but it might make a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:31:44 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 11:36:56 PM »
WHen " Happy " texted me today and told me this news my first thought was Iona joking around but it might make a lot of sense.

How can you not want to play in that system? Dont worry about defense, get tha ball up in a hurry

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 11:55:34 PM »
If you can get PT at a higher level, wouldn't you want the better comp/exposure? A guy like Machado who turns into a first round pick is an anomaly at that level.

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
If you can get PT at a higher level, wouldn't you want the better comp/exposure? A guy like Machado who turns into a first round pick is an anomaly at that level.

If youre a local kid, getting no burn in a big conference in bunghole USA, and see Iona play that brand of basketball.  Im all over that, especially a guy like Sledge. Cluess practices with 3 balls at a time, no d. Sign me up