Nova Students want Jay Wright Fired....it sounds familiar

• 7 replies
Nova Students want Jay Wright Fired....it sounds familiar
« on: February 06, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
There has been a facebook group created to fire Jay Wright as coach.

Q: What is Fire Jay Wright?
A: Fire Jay Wright is a growing minority community of Villanova basketball fans who feel that the Wildcats would be best served with a head coaching change. Fire Jay Wright does not seek division within the Villanova community, but rather the success of Villanova basketball for years to come.

Q: Why not Jay Wright?

A: Fire Jay Wright's reasons for desiring a head coaching change are complex and plentiful. They include:
--- Terrible defense
--- Strange lineup decisions
--- Over reliance on Scottie Reynolds (without seeing how well we play without him)
--- Lack of consistent inbounds plays throughout the game
--- Failure to recognize the best combinations of chemistry to put on the floor (i.e. PLAY MALCOLM)
--- Inability to set up an offensive strategy that plays to the team's strengths
--- Lack of production with terriffic talent
--- Over-reliance on multiple guard sets
--- Inability to recruit bigger athletes

Q: Who would Fire Jay Wright put forth as the next head coach of Villanova basketball?

A: This is the most difficult question of all to answer. In our opinion, Rutgers' Fred Hill, a former assistant coach for Villanova, would be a terriffic fit. Fred is a sound, creative, and emerging basketball mind who is just fiery enough. Whoever the replacement may be, it must be someone with experience, a plan, a good reputation, and an ability to COMMAND a team.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Nova Students want Jay Wright Fired....it sounds familiar
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:09:45 AM »
theyre nuts. jay wright is doing fine.  i do agree that malcolm grant should be on the ball more tho (of course there is some of that new york pride in me talking there).
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 01:27:55 AM »
Yea i'm with you its pretty crazy and funnny but I do agree Grant needs more burn and I think Scottie Reynolds sucks
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:08 AM »
he can come here if he's fired.  i'd happily get him. 

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:03:09 PM »
that fact that he can recruit guards....ill take him.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 05:25:01 PM »
fans are crazy everywhere...Oklahoma football fans (a minority of them) wanted Bob Stoops fired.  Even though the guy who has built a top 3 program...they want him gone because he keeps losing in the national championship or BCS game.  Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

To be honest I've neer been impressed with Wright as a game coach...but he sure can bring in the talent.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »
Being from PA before I got to college I used to go to ALOT of 'Nova games back when they had like Ray, Foye, Lowry, and Nardy the students honestly thought Wright was a God now a few years removed and they're calling for his head?  In my opinion go ahead and fire him cause i'd take him for us in a heart beat.

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:24 AM »
He will elave Nova when the NBA comes calling. . which they will...

the man is a great basketball coach...   and Larry Brown LOVES him..   and will push him for a job in thge league..   I wouldn't be shocked if he is coaching the Sixers next year...