Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY - SMU

• 102 replies

Moose

Re: Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2012, 10:53:08 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: 7-foot 2012 big man Jordan Dickerson is currently on his way to Providence for a visit”

If Obekpa has D2 or D3 offensive abilities what does Dickerson have?

Haha couldnt resist :)

Is there any video on him that shows him playing for more than a few seconds? Really can't get a read on him just by looking at such brief clips. Thanks.

There isn't much out there on him.  Not sure if he played at is8 recently and if he did, if bball diary has tape of his games.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: 7-foot 2012 big man Jordan Dickerson is currently on his way to Providence for a visit”

If Obekpa has D2 or D3 offensive abilities what does Dickerson have?

Haha couldnt resist :)

Is there any video on him that shows him playing for more than a few seconds? Really can't get a read on him just by looking at such brief clips. Thanks.

There isn't much out there on him.  Not sure if he played at is8 recently and if he did, if bball diary has tape of his games.

Dinkins kindly pointed these out for me-

1 | QFive.com (LI Lightning) Vs Juice All Stars | 2012 IS8 Nike Playoffs Quarterfinals

1 | Juice All Stars Vs New Jersey Playaz Basketball Club Sr | 2012 IS8 Nike Playoffs

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2012 7-footer Jordan Dickerson will visit South Carolina Sunday, his uncle told @SNYtv. Said Providence visit went well.”

Moose

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2012 7-footer Jordan Dickerson will visit South Carolina Sunday, his uncle told @SNYtv. Said Providence visit went well.”

He is dead ringer for Jordan Henriquez so my money is on Frank Martin

paultzman

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: South Carolina Up Next For Jordan Dickerson After Prov Visit http://t.co/qQeE97BG

Moose

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2012, 12:46:43 AM »
Maybe it's me but the dunks aren't as impressive as they were made out to be. Especially the first one. Isn't a dunk supposed to a thunderous thing of beauty?

MCNPA

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2012, 03:23:30 AM »
Maybe it's me but the dunks aren't as impressive as they were made out to be. Especially the first one. Isn't a dunk supposed to a thunderous thing of beauty?

First one wasn't even a dunk.  He got blocked and basically threw the ball towards the basket and it still went in.  I too thought he was actually getting "dunked on" when I read the tweets.  Wasn't quite what expected. Both instances, Obekpa wasn't bodying Dickerson, rather trying to drop back down low for the block.  These types of baskets are the kind that shotblockers at HS level give up frequently until they learn how to body guys more in college.

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2012, 08:06:36 AM »
Y'all actin like tru homers (not even sure why at this premature point). but its funny.
Give credit where its due.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
Y'all actin like tru homers (not even sure why at this premature point). but its funny.

Credit for a 7'1" kid dunking?  I thought from reports that he got postered ala Sir'Dom style, that's all.

Moose

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »

Actually Choz I'm not being a homer here. 

I am very intrigued by Dickerson's game and before Obekpa came back in the picture I was in the corner of bringing in a 7 footer like Dickerson and letting the staff getting their hands on his development.  Heck I still am interested in his game but the focus seems to be Chandler/Obekpa. 

Maybe its me but 'dunks' like that don't impress me.

« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52:19 AM »
Chris O tried to block JD. Both went up man to man. One try to block. One try to score. Only Chris O landed on his rear. And the ball went down.
Im hella impressed.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
Chris O tried to block JD. Both went up man to man. One try to block. One try to score. Only Chris O landed on his rear. And the ball went down.
Im hella impressed.

Different opinions make the world go round.
All good.

« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »
Dickerson looks pretty agile.  Why is everyone not high on him?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »

He looks pretty decent for 7-footer.  Agreed.  Didn't see much else of his game though.

Moose

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »

I was intrigued by him last year but he is much improved over last year.  There is still some awkwardness but thats going to happen with someone his size.

paultzman

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »
I personally feel Jordan, with the right coaching and dedication, can become a functional big in the BE. Look at the  positive development over time with Jordan Henriquez at K State. Bigs just take time and thin ones often a bit longer IMO.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:23:25 AM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:30 AM »
I personally feel Jordan, with the right coaching and dedication, can become a functional big in the BE. Look at the  positive development over time with Jordan Henriquez at K State. Bigs just take time and thin ones often a bit longer IMO.

Exactly.  That's why I'm not shocked to see Frank Martin in the thick of it.  Very similar players to me

MCNPA

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »
Im hella impressed.

Fwiw Choz, I just watched that game in its entirety.  Those two dunks were about all Dickerson did in that game.  He disappeared for most of the rest of it except a few plays.  Other good ones were Isaiah, Obekpa, Balamou and Truck that stood out.  I might be a homer but both Balamou and Obekpa looked real good.  Obekpa's offensive game is not all that bad.  It's serviceable.  He's on the rim a ton, even on offense and knows where to be on the break.

Chilleb

« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
I'm Pullin for obekpa and feel he's the better of the 2 but those are dunk ons where I come from. Give credit where credit is due. Respect for Chris for jumping with him all game, keys to being an elite shot blocker is not worrying about embarrassment. Look at mutumbo he's got dunked on just as much as he's blocked shots throughout his career