Keith Spellman - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY - MORGAN ST.

• 59 replies

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Keith Spellman - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2008, 09:03:13 PM »
NY Class 2009 : Up & Comers

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?ReturnTo=nychoops%2Erivals%2Ecom&lin=1&SID=1193&script=content.asp&fid=&cid=832144&tid=&mid=&rid=

Keith Spellman has really stepped up his game during the summer. Spellman has always had the talent to be in the top ten but the biggest knock against this 6-foot-3 shooting guard has been with regard to keeping his head in the game. Spellman, however, has played well, particularly, right after he participated in the St. John's camp. Look for Spellman to step up into a leadership role at Thomas Jefferson HS during the upcoming season.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 11:22:57 AM »
well that's good to hear.  i remember last year people said he wanted to play for teams like UNC.

i'm iffy on keith.   but i think he has the skill so we'll see.
He's got a better chance at playing at UNC-Charlotte, an A-10 school.

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »
Keith Spellman, as I have been saying all year, is OVER RATED...

kob24

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »
he has the potential and the skills to be a realy good player but he's to laid back for a Brooklyn player. He has no fire in him at all

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »
From Zags yesterday:

**Thomas Jefferson guard Keith Spellman says he has offers/interest from St. John’s, Rutgers, George Mason, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma State and lists St. John’s, George Mason and Virginia Tech as his favorites.  Spellman has 1,700 career points and is on his way to 2,000.

pmg911

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:49 PM »
From Zags yesterday:

**Thomas Jefferson guard Keith Spellman says he has offers/interest from St. John’s, Rutgers, George Mason, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma State and lists St. John’s, George Mason and Virginia Tech as his favorites.  Spellman has 1,700 career points and is on his way to 2,000.

Does anyone know if St. John''s still has an offer on the table for this kid...?

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »
I'm sure he's a good kid,
But I dont think they ever offered.

I would hope that w Omari &  Hardy on board,
no more SG's till 2011

Molloy '71

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2008, 08:05:07 PM »
I'm sure he's a good kid,
But I dont think they ever offered.

I would hope that w Omari &  Hardy on board,
no more SG's till 2011

http://www.stjohns.rivals.com/default.asp

One of the best players in the PSAL is already off to a great start this season. Thomas Jefferson senior guard Keith Spellman is posting solid numbers once again in hopes of leaWith Spellman and Jefferson (3-0) off to a great start, the 6-foot-2 senior is looking towards playing on the next level when he graduates. A few notable Division I schools are interested in Spellman at this moment. Those schools include St. John's [details]

kjd01067

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »
I hope this is just Norm keeping his options open... We really don't need anymore SG's next year

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=887891

With Spellman and Jefferson (3-0) off to a great start, the 6'2 senior is looking towards playing on the next level when he graduates. A few notable Division I schools are interested in Spellman at this moment. Those schools include St. John's, George Mason, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma St., and Rutgers. Spellman has not yet decided whether he will lean towards playing locally or further away from the northeast. "Right now, I am keeping an open mind," stated Spellman. "I am looking at St. John's, Virginia Tech, and George Mason"

Those three schools are in Spellman's top choices and he plans to make a decision on his future later in the school year. However at this point the senior shooting guards focus is on his team improving. "Right now all we have to do is get better and keep working hard in practice," Spellman told NYCHoops.net "We have to focus on the little things in the game like passing, rebounding and moving our feet." Spellman has focused on the little things in his game and he is hoping that it pays off not only this season but on the next level.

pmg911

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2009, 10:03:18 AM »
Has anyone heard where he is headed..?

I am guessing that since we haven't he will be headed to Prep school for academics...   could be wrong but he was highly sought after kid at start of the season and his recruiting seems to have gone silent.

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »

I am guessing that since we haven't he will be headed to Prep school for academics...   could be wrong but he was highly sought after kid at start of the season and his recruiting seems to have gone silent.

He has back spasms and has been nagged by that for a bit.

Schools that have been recruiting him hardest are Fordham Univ and Central Florida. 

Yet another example of someone waiting too long to accept a schollie.

pmg911

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 08:04:25 AM »

Schools that have been recruiting him hardest are Fordham Univ and Central Florida. 

Fordham & Central Florida..    WOW . this is kid that a few people here wanted St. John's to sign...   this is kid who hought he was a Big East player...

gonzalo

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »

Fordham & Central Florida..    WOW . this is kid that a few people here wanted St. John's to sign...   this is kid who hought he was a Big East player...

Was Paris Horne a Big East player when he signed?

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »
It's not always telling of a player's true talents by the schools who are recruiting him. Sure if top schools are on a kid there is a reason for it but sometimes kids fall through the cracks. I'm not saying this is the case here but just because Fordham and CF are on him doesn't mean he is not a Big East player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
This ia big difference between PAris Horne & Keith Spellman...

Spellmna was a kid who the big schools had high on their radar since his Sophmore year and he has now completely fallen off it...

Go back to the beginning of this thread...  I have been saying it about his kid for over a year..

OVERRATED.. no business playing in the Big East and his recruitment is certainly showin that to be true...

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 01:11:17 PM »
This ia big difference between PAris Horne & Keith Spellman...

Spellmna was a kid who the big schools had high on their radar since his Sophmore year and he has now completely fallen off it...

Go back to the beginning of this thread...  I have been saying it about his kid for over a year..

OVERRATED.. no business playing in the Big East and his recruitment is certainly showin that to be true...

You appear to be correct he has really fallen off the radar of many teams.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »
I hope Keith Preps after that injury give him more exposure.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:54:16 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
Has he signed anywhere..?

Has he qualified..?

gonzalo

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2009, 02:13:54 AM »
http://www.fiveborosports.com/ssp/news?news_id=2345

Jordan Brand Classic notebook: Spellman will go prep

Thomas Jefferson guard Keith Spellman said he will almost certainly attend prep school next year at South Kent Prep. Photos by Damion Reid

By Theo Rabinowitz

April 18, 2009

Rice forward James Stukes was talking about his expectations for his time at South Kent with Archbishop Molloy guard Russ Smith. Then he pointed to Keith Spellman, Thomas Jefferson’s all-time leading scorer who was selected to the city team but missed the Jordan Classic Brand regional game because of a chronic back injury.

“He’s going to be there, too,” Stukes said.

After a debilitating back injury robbed him of much of the second half of his senior season and an appearance in the regional game, the news keeps getting worse for the talented shooting guard. Prior to his senior season, Spellman had multiple mid-to-high major Division I offers, but his recruiting stock floundered after his injury. At one time last year, he was going to choose between St. John’s and Hofstra, but decided to wait it out a bit longer, a decision he regrets.

“I really took too long,” he lamented, later adding: “I wanted to play with the big dogs, the superstars, and that was my mistake. I had all the good schools offering me when I was younger.”

With offers from just Iona, New Orleans and Manhattan, Spellman said the current plan, unless a better opportunity presents itself, is to go to prep school. He is seeing a physical therapist and hopes rest will heal the ailing back.

“I know I’m not that kind of player; I can go higher,” he said. “I’m going to work harder (at South Kent).”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:14:52 AM by gonzalo »

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »