Sean Kilpatrick - SG - White Plains SHS - White Plains, NY - CINCINNATI

• 125 replies
Re: Sean Kilpatrick - SG - White Plains SHS - White Plains, NY
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
kilpatrick is one of the few high schoolers i saw play this year.  i'm convinced he's the real deal...underrated.

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2008, 11:25:24 PM »
kilpatrick is one of the few high schoolers i saw play this year.  i'm convinced he's the real deal...underrated.

I also got a chance to see him play a few times and I like his game. He can scores slashing to the basket or kill you from the outside. Has the skill set to be a good defender.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »
Kilpatrick Goes Prep But Has Offer

July 16, 2008

by Stacey Davis, NYCHoops.net Staff Writer

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1193&CID=827313

The journey to college is a difficult path for many and confusing to most. 6"5" shooting guard Sean Kilpatrick knows this path too well as one of this year most recruited seniors in Westchester, NY.

The Class of 2008 guard is not looking back and has made his final school choice "I will attend Notre Dame Prep school because it will give me more time to improve my grades and retake the SAT for a higher score."

When asked if he still has any standing offers from D-1 schools still. Kilpatrick responded, "Providence has made an offer to me."

Before deciding on prep school, Kilpatrick's list was sized down to his final four, Kentucky, Kansas State, St. Johns, and Cincinnati.

Kilpatrick then verbally committed to St. John's, who was willing to wait until after he prepped. Shortly after, however, Kilpatrick hinted to the press that he would open to other offers. St. John's then rescinded their offer.

When asked about that situation, Kilpatrick responded, "I made a mistake. I was overwhelmed by the situation. Now that I look back on everything, I made a mistake not choosing St. John's."

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »
takes a big man to admit that.

« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
How do Kilpatrick , Omari,  Parrom &  Durand compare?

Their position, size, & outside shooting seem to be reported as similar ?
All approx 6'4" +/-   2 /3's
Although Durand is rated highest by scout

JJ - move this thread to 09 recruits ??
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:37:03 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2008, 03:47:47 PM »
BTW - "BIG GERARD" is a phoney clown. He says positive things publicly regarding Norm & than did everything he could to discourage his brother, Mookie & SK from signing with us..  ::) .. Despite the BS he told zags on his blog. The fact is Kilpatrick committed to Norm & when he found out about it he talked the kid out of it. PERIOD... which is a shame. Because SK always wanted to go to SJU & Norm promised to stick with him despite him having to prep. He will now probably end up playing for Providence instead of being a main cog in the revival of of SJU basketball... It's a real shame clowns like this have the power to steer these kids(and their parents) in the wrong direction... Should have stuck to your guns Sean... good luck kid.

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/07/16/kilpatrick-to-notre-dame-prep/

$ound$ like "Big Gerard" ha$ hi$ own agenda$

« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2008, 05:29:45 PM »
BTW - "BIG GERARD" is a phoney clown. He says positive things publicly regarding Norm & than did everything he could to discourage his brother, Mookie & SK from signing with us..  ::) .. Despite the BS he told zags on his blog. The fact is Kilpatrick committed to Norm & when he found out about it he talked the kid out of it. PERIOD... which is a shame. Because SK always wanted to go to SJU & Norm promised to stick with him despite him having to prep. He will now probably end up playing for Providence instead of being a main cog in the revival of of SJU basketball... It's a real shame clowns like this have the power to steer these kids(and their parents) in the wrong direction... Should have stuck to your guns Sean... good luck kid.

Ahhhhhhhhh who is "Big Gerard"?

from one not in the know ;D

« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhh who is "Big Gerard"?

from one not in the know ;D
Gerald Jones is the older brother of New York's Mr. Basketball, 6'7" Kevin Jones, a Mount Vernon basketball player who signed with Bob Huggins at West Virginia. 

He looked for as much possible attention as he could generate during his brother's courting and then poked his nose in during the latter stages of SK's recruitment.

pmg911

« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »

accusing another guy of wanting to get paid...     the beat goes on and on and on...

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »

accusing another guy of wanting to get paid...     the beat goes on and on and on...

accusing another guy of wanting to get paid...     the beat goes on and on and on...
Given our own recent history of paying at least one player, you'd think this, along with mentioning someone else's ugly home court or incompetent head coach, would be topics we wouldn't be broaching.

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2008, 10:17:21 PM »
Kilpatrick Goes Prep But Has Offer

July 16, 2008

by Stacey Davis, NYCHoops.net Staff Writer

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1193&CID=827313

The journey to college is a difficult path for many and confusing to most. 6"5" shooting guard Sean Kilpatrick knows this path too well as one of this year most recruited seniors in Westchester, NY.

The Class of 2008 guard is not looking back and has made his final school choice "I will attend Notre Dame Prep school because it will give me more time to improve my grades and retake the SAT for a higher score."

When asked if he still has any standing offers from D-1 schools still. Kilpatrick responded, "Providence has made an offer to me."

Before deciding on prep school, Kilpatrick's list was sized down to his final four, Kentucky, Kansas State, St. Johns, and Cincinnati.

Kilpatrick then verbally committed to St. John's, who was willing to wait until after he prepped. Shortly after, however, Kilpatrick hinted to the press that he would open to other offers. St. John's then rescinded their offer.

When asked about that situation, Kilpatrick responded, "I made a mistake. I was overwhelmed by the situation. Now that I look back on everything, I made a mistake not choosing St. John's."

Well at least the truth is out for all to see.
Life goes on for both parties.

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2008, 10:59:55 PM »
let me just say, im glad the truth has come out. i really couldnt let out to the public what happened over the last many weeks. kudos to SK for being a big man and admitting his mistakes.  what he said in that report was absolutely true.  when i did the story in may (fordham on redmen.com also reported it), i had confidence that it was true that he committed to sju.  SK called the sju staff the next night and told him he would decommit, and shortly thereafter sju pulled the offer.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »

Cry me a river! So I guess your friends with Big Gerard too?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:33:45 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »
Much respect to the young man....no sugar coating. I like that. We often see grown men and woman (world leaders)afraid to say those words. Again, much respect.

pmg911

« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 07:48:05 AM »

Cry me a river! So I guess your friends with Big Gerard too?

No ..   can't say that I am...   but you have already formed your opinion of the guy with out ever interacting with him...

Poison

« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 06:42:15 PM »
clearly, he should prep. he is not ready for college yet.

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2008, 07:14:06 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/09/23/kilpatrick-names-providence-leader/

Kilpatrick Names Providence Leader
Posted on Sep 23, 2008 10:14 pm
Sean Kilpatrick, who briefly committed to St. John’s at one point, now says Providence is his top choice.

The 6-foot-5, 210-pound Kilpatrick, a White Plains, N.Y. native now at Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, Mass., lists Providence, Cincinnati and Marquette as his top three options, according to family adviser Gerard Jones, older brother of West Virginia freshman Kevin Jones.

“His first choice would be Providence,” Gerard said by phone. “That would be his No. 1 school right now. The Providence coaches are going up to see him work out on Thursday and then we’re trying to set up an in-home visit.

“The offer is there on the table with Providence and Cincinnati. If we get that far with Marquette, they have a high interest.”

Kilpatrick averaged 25.6 points last season and was selected to the Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game at Madison Square Garden. He committed to St. John’s in the spring, but then changed his mind.

He is attending Notre Dame Prep to improve his academic standing prior to entering college in 2009.

“We got him into the classes he needs right now,” Gerard said. “Hopefully it works out fine.”

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2008, 10:59:49 AM »
I was hoping for South Florida but Sean & Padgett would be great for Providence
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

kjd01067

« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=862203

The Cincinnati Bearcats went to the east coast for their first verbal commitment of the 2009 class.

Sean Kilpatrick a 6'5 185 lb shooting guard from White Plains, NY visited Cincinnati this weekend and came so impressed with what he saw that he decided to give his verbal commitment to Mick Cronin and his staff shortly after his visit.