Tevin Baskin - SF - Trinity Catholic HS - Stamford, CT

• 43 replies
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:55:34 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

Re: Tevin Baskin - SF - Trinity Catholic HS - Stamford, CT
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 11:32:03 AM »
Why did we drop off the face of the earth with this guy?

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »

“I haven’t heard from Rutgers and St. John’s, or any of the Big East schools really,” he said.

It appears we're not the only ones to drop off.  He appears to be a better athlete than basketball player.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Randomhero423

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »
we'll see during the season.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »

“I haven’t heard from Rutgers and St. John’s, or any of the Big East schools really,” he said.

It appears we're not the only ones to drop off.  He appears to be a better athlete than basketball player.

Rutgers doesn't need him because they already signed a top 100 3 in Dane Miller.
After hiring his AAU coach, St. John's missed on Kevin Parrom.
Perhaps now he'll hear from the coaches.

Randomhero423

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »
tevin's facebook says:

Tevin Baskin is holding a press conference to announce his college decision sometime next month everyone is invited will you be there??21 hours ago

anybody hear anything?

LJSA

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »
I'm going with Providence. UMass runner-up.

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 08:33:35 AM »
re-opening his recruitment...

http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/10/14/baskin-says-hes-wide-open/#more-4910

Tevin Baskin was slated to visit UMass last weekend and Providence this weekend, but now he says he’s “wide open” and “re-opening” his recruitment.

“I decided to open back up my recruitment,” said the 6-foot-7 senior forward from Trinity (Conn.) Catholic. “I may end up commiting to a school in April if something doesn’t grab my attention during the season.”

Baskin said he decided to open things up again (even though he hadn’t committed) after speaking last week with his parents.

“I just felt that I really couldn’t find a school that would fit my requirements academically along with basketball,” he said. “Me and my parents decided to open it back up. I’m just officially wide open again.”

Baskin said he has no visits planned and didn’t have his list in front of him, but that he hoped to make a decision “during the 2008-09 season” or in April.

“I guess because everybody else was committing, I felt that that was the right thing to do,” he said. “I don’t have any (visits) set up, unless somebody comes along and wants to set up a visit.”

He added: “I don’t feel there is a dream school. I feel I can play anywhere in the country.”

Asked if he had heard from St. John’s or Rutgers, schools that once were on his list, Baskin said: “I’m not hearing from them, but since I’m opening back up my recruitment, there’s a chance I’ll hear from them.”

Last season, Baskin averaged 20.4 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.1 blocks for Trinity Catholic, which finished 24-4 and lost to Crosby, 82-79, in the state championship game despite 35 points and 12 rebounds from Baskin.

This summer, Baskin averaged about 15 points and eight rebounds for the New York Gauchos. They captured two tournaments in New York and made the final of the national AAU 17-and-under championship, losing to Team Breakdown of Florida, 77-60. That squad features Kenny Boynton and Brandon Knight.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
http://www.connpost.com/ci_11787112

His team is 20-0 and he just scored 35 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against the number 2 team in the state, after scoring 32 and grabbing 22 on Monday. Baskin's recruitment has gotten surprisingly quiet.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxNQl-Vyjys&feature=related#hq

theres a video on youtube. he looks good, i dont know how good the competition is but im sure choz could tell us how he fairs on the aau circuit
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 12:59:04 AM »
http://www.connpost.com/ci_11787112

His team is 20-0 and he just scored 35 points and grabbed 12 rebounds against the number 2 team in the state, after scoring 32 and grabbing 22 on Monday. Baskin's recruitment has gotten surprisingly quiet.

Maybe he is going prep? Even still I'm not sure why schools wouldn't jump on him for '10? It is very odd that he has seriously fallen off the radar of everyone
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »
team is playing on channel 26 right now. kid looks good and could have a ton of potential if one of the bigs transfer i wouldn't mind seeing him get a scholarship

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »
team is playing on channel 26 right now. kid looks good and could have a ton of potential if one of the bigs transfer i wouldn't mind seeing him get a scholarship
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3974476

Tevin Baskin SF, Stamford, Conn./Trinity Catholic
Position rank: 46

Considering: Fordham, Manhattan, UMass, Providence, St. John, Seton Hall, Xavier, Auburn, Rhode Island, Rutgers, Virginia Tech and Fairfield
Front-runner: Tough to say.
Recruiting overview:Baskin has some solid offers, but he may be waiting for a bigger offer before he pulls the trigger on a school on that list.
Scouts Inc. says: Baskin is a very long and athletic combo forward. He is more of an undersized 4 than a 3 at this point. His entire game is based off his substantial athletic ability. He can slash to the basket when being guarded by other 4 men because of his outstanding quickness and versatility. He does most of his scoring from 15 feet and is very good in transition, consistently finishing above the rim. He is an active rebounder, who can leap over opponents for caroms. Baskin has the ability to alter or block shots inside. As a 3 man he is undersized but is effective posting smaller opponents. He needs to choose his school wisely because he can be very effective in the right system (pressing, transition oriented) or not as impactful in others (half-court oriented).

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »
the kid should go to siena what a fit that would be.

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 12:57:24 PM »
Since Lance & Parrom  have a distaste for us he is the next best option. But since the signing period is over & he never made a visit to our campus no way is he an option.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »
Interestingly he's dropped to a "2-star" recruit on Scout.

http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=3203154

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »
If anyone has seen him play he is far from a 2 star , yes he has tons of things to work on but he is a high major college level contributor.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

sjd8886

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 04:47:49 PM »
idk if lance is really out or not but we really cant wait to see where the end of the tunnel is with that kid...we should go hard after baskin...not very polished but really athletic, and with alot of potential

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
I think I read on Zags that he was visiting Manhattan.