Chris Jones - SG - Teaneck HS - NJ - PITTSBURGH

• 15 replies
Chris Jones - SG - Teaneck HS - NJ - PITTSBURGH
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »
Showing some mild interest in him. He played on the Playaz with Kyle Anderson and Darrick Wood. He didn't really get to contribute on that team but I really like him a lot. He's more of "the man" at his high school. He's played a very tough schedule and has done very well against top guys. I've maintained for a long time he's been under recruited and now a lot of high majors are jumping on him.

Now with that being said he isn't exactly a Big East guard right now. I thought he'd be a steal for MAAC school and would develop into a solid A-10 player. For some high major schools at the spring the talent level of guys available drop off significantly. I think Chris' potential is good, he's a strong bodied guard with a very good midrange game. I'm not so sure how I feel about him at St. John's or Big East level. He's kind of a less bouncy, more fundamental Quincy Roberts.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:46:45 PM by jumpinjohnny »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

Re: Chris Jones - SG - Teaneck HS - NJ
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »
FWIW

“@TheRecruitScoop: UConn is now involved in the recruitment of Chris Jones, a 2012 SG from Teaneck (NJ), after watching him play tonight.”

Moose

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »
FWIW

“@TheRecruitScoop: UConn is now involved in the recruitment of Chris Jones, a 2012 SG from Teaneck (NJ), after watching him play tonight.”

Makes no sense with Omar being same year.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »
FWIW

Omar is tenuous for Uconn right now, with Calhoun out and no tourney for them even next season.  He and his father have said so.

Moose

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
FWIW

Omar is tenuous for Uconn right now, with Calhoun out and no tourney for them even next season.  He and his father have said so.

Have they?  I only saw posters speculating.  Would suck because he signed LOI and I doubt he can do another BE school

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
FWIW

Have they?  I only saw posters speculating.  Would suck because he signed LOI and I doubt he can do another BE school

Yet Jakarr can still go to a big east team

Moose

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
FWIW

Because Jakarr's LOI was null and void.  Omar would have to petition for that from NCAA.  I'm a gambling man and wouldn't put money on him winning that.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:53:21 PM »
FWIW

Because Jakarr's LOI was null and void.  Omar would have to petition for that from NCAA.  I'm a gambling man and wouldn't put money on him winning that.

I know the rules just think its a stupid one in regards to Jakarr being able to play for another big east team

NYCoffey

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »
Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

No offers yet but the recruitment of 2012 Teaneck (NJ) SG Chris Jones blowing up. Pitt, UConn, Nebraska, Virginia Tech & Colorado involved.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Wouldn't want Calhoun. He's lazy and his pops is crazy

Moose

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12:50 PM »
Wouldn't want Calhoun. He's lazy and his pops is crazy

Yeah I've noticed he loafs around a lot but manages to put up points.  And the Dad was a talking piece last summer I recall.

NYCoffey

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:14:28 AM »
Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Connecticut and Colorado all have come in late on Jones, according to Smart.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Stapleton_Teaneck_star_Chris_Jones_is_elevating_his_game.html?page=all

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:03 AM »
Wouldn't be shocked to see him at Seton Hall or VT

MCNPA

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »

Seton hall have any ships?  I thought they were accounted for, although things change as we know.

Moose

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »

Seton hall have any ships?  I thought they were accounted for, although things change as we know.

They are on the Providence plan it seems.

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
Just committed to Pitt