Pascal Chuwku - C - Trinity Catholic - Stamford, CT - PROVIDENCE

• 92 replies

paultzman

Re: Pascal Chuwku - C - Trinity Catholic - Stamford, CT
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 09:24:37 PM »
Surprised if true.

“@ASlater247: 7'2" Paschal Chuukwu, ranked #92 by @jerrymeyer247 in 2014, said Providence,  UConn, St. John's, St. Joe's & NC State are recruiting him now”
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:40:22 PM by paultzman »

desco80

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »
Why Surprised Paultz?

Think he's a lock for UCONN/Providence?    Because I'm not going to lie; with Sanchez, maybe Jakarr (and even Gift) leaving, we could really use a big man.   A top100 7-footer?  Yes please.

paultzman

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 09:50:22 PM »
Why Surprised Paultz?

Think he's a lock for UCONN/Providence?    Because I'm not going to lie; with Sanchez, maybe Jakarr (and even Gift) leaving, we could really use a big man.   A top100 7-footer?  Yes please.

I live near his HS and the games I saw Cooley & Ollie were often there. I never observed SJU staff, so I assumed he was headed to UConn or Providence. We'll see. He has improved, but like many bigs has a way to go. That said, I agree with your statement.

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
“@ReggieRankin: Pascal Chukwu is finishing above the rim with power and rebounding with two hands at rim level. Super Duper Long and Athletic .”

“@highmajorscoop: NBA Camp Under-Valued Guys:
Robert Johnson
Tyler Ulis
Elisha Boone
Kam Chatman
Brekkott Chapman
Chinanu Onuaku
Pascal Chukwu
James Demery”

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
PASCAL CHUKWU - 2014 - C - CONNECTICUT BASKETBALL CLUB 7-0 - FAIRFIELD PREP - WEST PORT, CT The length and instincts Chukwu possesses for defense are incredible. Chukwu dominated the paint at times with his reach, blocking shots and nabbing rebounds from opponents offensively and defensively. The talented 7-footer threw down a couple put-backs, finished plays off the catch and was an all-around major force inside. - See more at: http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1429#sthash.agsLwdwI.HqR1JBEk.dpuf

crgreen

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »
PASCAL CHUKWU - 2014 - C - CONNECTICUT BASKETBALL CLUB 7-0 - FAIRFIELD PREP - WEST PORT, CT The length and instincts Chukwu possesses for defense are incredible. Chukwu dominated the paint at times with his reach, blocking shots and nabbing rebounds from opponents offensively and defensively. The talented 7-footer threw down a couple put-backs, finished plays off the catch and was an all-around major force inside. - See more at: http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1429#sthash.agsLwdwI.HqR1JBEk.dpuf

After a bit of a drought the last few years, looks like we're into a heckuva DEEP group of BIG's moving onto the scene.   Chukwu, Myles Turner, Skal Labissiere, Isaiah Manderson in the 2014 class, and Stephen Zimmerman and Cheick Diallo in the 2015 class, Thon Maker from 2016 are all showing STRONG at the Top 100 Camp (those excelling are doing it against exceptional comptetition) - Karl Towns, already commited to KY is also there but not getting much ink (perhaps because he IS an early commit?) - and #1 2014 big Jahlil Okafor isn't even there (he's in Colorado Springs with the National U-19 team getting ready for the World Chaampionships in Prague at the end of the Month).  AND don't forget the #1 THIS year (Dakari Johnson, heading to Kentucky) reclassified earlier this season - HE was a 2014 6 months ago.    And that's not counting guys who aren't at the "100" for various reasons but still figure to impact in college - 2014's like Khadeem Lattin, Payton Dastrup, Isella Diallo (no, no relation), Travon Reed, Elbert Robertson, Quadri Moore, Dan Manzi, Thomas Welsh.   2015's like #1 ranked Diamond Stone, Daniel Giddens, Jesse Govan,  Thomas Bryant, Henry Ellensen, Mustapha Diagne, Tyler Davis and Kevarrious Hayes.   There are 10 ranked kids coming along listed 7'0 or taller.   

It's a little far out, but 2016 looks like it could be just as deep, with Thon Maker and Harry Giles already big on the national scene, Juwan Durham, Caleb Swanigan, Kalea Turner, & Rodney Miller all top 20 players in the class at this point - all already centers, and 6 more 15-16 year olds in that classes top 20 who are already 6'7+ and could end up in the middle by the time they're Jrs & Srs....

LATE EDIT:   Can't believe I left out another big having a solid showing at the Top 100.   6'11 2014 center Chance Comanche, out of Culver City, CA.    How did I forget to list THAT name?  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:21:39 PM by crgreen »

Moose

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
Can CR possibly put another name into the Pascal Chuwku thread?
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 03:18:35 AM »
Can CR possibly put another name into the Pascal Chuwku thread?

Well, there's Chase Jeter.   The 6'9 Jeter gets overshadowed 'cause he plays with Zimmerman at Bishop Gorman, but he's a Scout and ESPN 4 star in the 2015 class who aleady has offers from UCLA, USC, UNLV, Missou and Oregon....

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
Fwiw, I was told today that Providence is in the driver's seat for him. They have been on him a long time. Frankly, I think we can do much better.

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »
If Providence gets him, will Ed stop visiting our boards? 

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:01 AM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Hear Pascal Chukwu will visit Providence today. They hosted Jalen Lindsey for an official visit prior to NBPA Camp. Two major targets.”

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
Huh?
“@NYCHoops: St. John's is at House of Sports at Showcase Series to watch 7'1" Paschal Chukwu. #STJBB #SJUBB #Bigeast”

Moose

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 07:33:20 PM »
Huh?
“@NYCHoops: St. John's is at House of Sports at Showcase Series to watch 7'1" Paschal Chukwu. #STJBB #SJUBB #Bigeast”

What do you mean?

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 07:35:05 PM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

Didn't sense real interest in him. Also a project IMO. I guess he is a better project than Adonis. Just me.

Moose

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

Didn't sense real interest in him. Also a project IMO. I guess he is a better project than Adonis. Just me.

Thanks for clarifying.

Chilleb

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

Thanks for clarifying.
I don't understand why all this top 100 talk before live period but when it begins where listed looking at him and Adonis.. ???

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 10:16:35 PM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

Well I was confused because that means 4 SJU coaches on the road (3 at Peach Jam and presumably Darrick in Westchester).

But now I remember that I believe, not 100% sure, that rule was adjusted to allow all 4 coaches on the road beginning this July in fact.  Have to confirm.

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

Well I was confused because that means 4 SJU coaches on the road (3 at Peach Jam and presumably Darrick in Westchester).

But now I remember that I believe, not 100% sure, that rule was adjusted to allow all 4 coaches on the road beginning this July in fact.  Have to confirm.

From rules primer;

Baton Rule –replaced coach [Bylaw 11.7.4.3.1]
"During the July evaluation period, a replaced coach is not required to return to the institution’s campus before engaging in additional recruiting activities, provided no more than three coaches engage in off-campus recruiting activities each day."

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/e0d5e5004bcb5a6984e1d7e36db4ed03/JulyRulesPrimer_2013.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=e0d5e5004bcb5a6984e1d7e36db4ed03

Maybe report of staff observing Chuwku incorrect.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:11:28 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 04:25:36 AM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

From rules primer;

"During the July evaluation period, a replaced coach is not required to return to the institution’s campus before engaging in additional recruiting activities, provided no more than three coaches engage in off-campus recruiting activities each day."

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/e0d5e5004bcb5a6984e1d7e36db4ed03/JulyRulesPrimer_2013.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=e0d5e5004bcb5a6984e1d7e36db4ed03

Or maybe it was

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 02:09:31 PM »
Huh?

What do you mean?

From rules primer;

Or maybe it was

Actually I think I know what they did.

The old rule says one coach has to return to campus before another can leave assuming you already have 3 out.  Thus the phrase pass the baton.

But the new rule says that you can still only have 3 assistants in a gym at one time but assuming 1 assistant say Rico Hines leaves the gym then Darrick can be the 3rd assistant in another gym even though Hines did not go back to campus.

And that is what probably occurred.