Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies
Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »
If this is like the Sampson recruitment then no news is bad news.  Looks like Happy and Zach were both wrong.  In this case it appears as if it's his parents that don't want him around, especially his Mom.  This has ground to a halt after yesterday's  "not just an announcement" press conference was imminent.  Not even one posting today about Shamorie.

Truly insightful post.  You shouldn't be shy about posting more of these well thought out and researched opinions.
Dave, in the short time I have been posting here I have respected you as a moderator.  When I posted the above quote, I thought that it was obvious that Ponds parents, or at least his mother, did not want him to stay in NYC.  If anyone didn't, at the time, agree with me, then that is fine.  That's what message boards are for.  But when I saw the obnoxious and vitriolic posts, especially from Pete88, I have to admit, I was taken aback.  It seemed obvious to me, based on his parents insisting he take other visits even though he himself wanted to go to SJU.

Then when Zachs article came out, confirming my theory, I grew angry about it.  Nobody is hoping, more than me, that we land him. I felt I should respond to these obnoxious posts. If Pete88 doesn't have the dignity to admit when he is wrong, and apologize for his ad hominum attacks on me, that's one thing.  But given the fact that the point I initially raised is now the central sticking point of the Ponds recruitment, and this very thread, I resent your assymetric response to the situation.  Read his post above.  That's obnoxious. Especially in light of the fact that he was dead wrong. Yet I was the one that you told to cool it.  I realize that he is not man enough to apologize, but I'm still a bit   disillusioned with you.  What's going on man?

Dude, just stop. I looked through your post history and it was aggressive towards 3 different posters all in a row. Just chill and stay on topic. Non-issue moving on...
Just one more thing and then I am done (unless the attacks continue) Please notice above that Pete88 initiated the obnoxious language, not me.  I know he has been here a lot longer than me but that is irrelevant to the situation.  Also, those "three posts in a row" that you mentioned, were in response to three separate JJ members, who first attacked me ad hominum, for my perfectly reasonable post that turned out to be correct.  They were shooting the messenger, and I was  a little shocked by that.  Should I have not responded?  Nobody will be more disappointed then me if Ponds doesn't commit here.  And no, I am not seeking credit for being the first one to accurately call the situation, but a few of these guys were shooting the messenger in very disrespectful tones.
P.S.  If anyone feels the need to respond, I would hope that they respond to the actual text of the statements and not make some general criticism about the fact that I made one more post.  For example don't say something like "Your still on this"  or "get over it dude".

Unbelievable....7 day BAN! I don't have time to deal with nonsense and have one person ruin everything for all. This thread is about Shamorie Ponds not you.

Calender days or business days?

QuanMan

« Reply #441 on: September 26, 2015, 10:12:03 AM »
How about this:

Mike Hopkins #pcbb
‏@pcbb1917
BREAKING: 2016 PG Maliek White is visiting Providence this weekend, per source. Will not visit Cinci and moved PC visit up #pcbb #gofriars
Section 3
Section 116

wpc77

« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
How about this:

Mike Hopkins #pcbb
‏@pcbb1917
BREAKING: 2016 PG Maliek White is visiting Providence this weekend, per source. Will not visit Cinci and moved PC visit up #pcbb #gofriars

Matt A saying it could be a good day, then hashtags mets and sjubb. Obviously mets could clinch today, but....ok I am reaching here...

paultzman

« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »
How about this:

Mike Hopkins #pcbb
‏@pcbb1917

Matt A saying it could be a good day, then hashtags mets and sjubb. Obviously mets could clinch today, but....ok I am reaching here...

@pcbb1917: @TDJohnnyMac list came out while on the visit. I guess there's always a chance any recruit verbals on a visit. PC won't wait for Ponds, IMO
Mike Hopkins

Wods317

« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
How about this:

Mike Hopkins #pcbb
‏@pcbb1917

The mens and womens basketball teams are hosting the dribble for a cure cancer fundraising event today. I would assume that is what he is referring too.

paultzman

« Reply #445 on: September 26, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »
Positive vibes :)

wpc77

« Reply #446 on: September 26, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »
In

« Reply #447 on: September 27, 2015, 11:42:05 AM »
In
Wow! Fantastic! That's great news. 

« Reply #448 on: September 27, 2015, 12:05:46 PM »
In
Some on this board seem to be suffering from PE!   :)

wpc77

« Reply #449 on: September 27, 2015, 01:57:34 PM »
In

Haha.  Yeah sorry I was echoing the positive vibes comment.  My bad

« Reply #450 on: September 27, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »
In

Took me a while to figure out what PE is.  It's never happened to me.  Couldn't relate.

« Reply #451 on: September 27, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
In

Took me a while to figure out what PE is.  It's never happened to me.  Couldn't relate.
What I witness when drivers in front of me quickly reduce their speed to 10 MPH below speed limit before passing DC speed cameras - Premature Ebrakeulation

« Reply #452 on: September 27, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »
Maliek white just popped for providence , according to zags and tweeted by zach....looking good.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:00:39 PM by valgoth »

paultzman

« Reply #453 on: September 27, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Big news that could effect Shamorie Ponds #sjubb t.co/TmIIJodObl

@GTuckerHoops: 2016 PG Maliek White (@VaFinest_5) has announced his commitment to Providence

« Reply #454 on: September 27, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »
I tell you paultz , i owe you a pumpkin beer at one of these pre game outings

paultzman

« Reply #455 on: September 27, 2015, 10:47:40 PM »
Thx, sounds good.

MCNPA

« Reply #456 on: September 28, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »

Do you hate Paultzman that much??? 😉

paultzman

« Reply #457 on: September 28, 2015, 11:06:51 AM »
@jerrymeyer247: Profile for Shamorie Ponds, who I'm expecting to announce for St. John's sooner than later. http://t.co/He16ElBvWd https://t.co/tsEDxdJXXi

« Reply #458 on: September 28, 2015, 12:14:11 PM »
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Shamorie Ponds will hold a press conference tomorrow at 2:30 per his coach Bud Pollard.

« Reply #459 on: September 28, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
Big week.  Ahmed with a great visit.  Ponds tomorrow.

Matty going to see the German kid.  And Lightfoot makes his official visit this weekend.