Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies

Poison

Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #680 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:13 PM »
Mickey D's game will be tough. Malik Monk, De'Aaron Fox, Terrance Ferguson, Markell Fultz, Frank Jackson, Kobi Simmons, Lonzo Ball are probably the locks.

In the convo... Josh Langford, Kyle Guy, Tyus Battle, Peyton Pritchard, Seventh Woods, Cassius Winston, Alterique Gilbert

Better hope they consider Alkins a SF too. Ponds having great performances at City of Palms and Torrey Pines helps his cause.

As a lifelong STJ fan, I hope he doesn't make it. Hype never helps us.

paultzman

« Reply #681 on: January 15, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »
Zach B tweeted;
Jordan Brand Classic announces 16 players for game. Six more to come later in year. Think Shamorie Ponds has a shot. #sjubb

Suspect he may have a shot with the game to be played in Brooklyn.

MCNPA

« Reply #682 on: January 15, 2016, 05:57:34 PM »
Mickey D's game will be tough. Malik Monk, De'Aaron Fox, Terrance Ferguson, Markell Fultz, Frank Jackson, Kobi Simmons, Lonzo Ball are probably the locks.

In the convo... Josh Langford, Kyle Guy, Tyus Battle, Peyton Pritchard, Seventh Woods, Cassius Winston, Alterique Gilbert

Better hope they consider Alkins a SF too. Ponds having great performances at City of Palms and Torrey Pines helps his cause.

Not always true.  Artest had hype and those teams were fun.  The worm has turned for SJU...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:57:59 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #683 on: January 15, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »

Not always true.  Artest had hype and those teams were fun.  The worm has turned for SJU...
Don't believe Ron was ever arrested. Hey that was a quick correction, now my post doesn't work.  :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:00:27 PM by Celtics11 »

MCNPA

« Reply #684 on: January 15, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »
😉

Poison

« Reply #685 on: January 15, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »

Artest was the exception. Lopez, Zendon, Cook, Ingram. It hasn't helped. Their egos grow to ridiculous heights. Artest was the only one who was actually a legit NBA player.

TONYD3

« Reply #686 on: January 15, 2016, 09:04:55 PM »
Cook played great for us. The guy won games by himself. The team he was on was not much better then this team and we were ok. Not bad.

Poison

« Reply #687 on: January 15, 2016, 09:19:20 PM »
Cook played great for us. The guy won games by himself. The team he was on was not much better then this team and we were ok. Not bad.

They were 8-8 in a loaded BE. That team beats this team by 30. Cook was great, but it went to his head.

« Reply #688 on: January 15, 2016, 09:23:01 PM »

They were 8-8 in a loaded BE. That team beats this team by 30. Cook was great, but it went to his head.

The thing with Cook was Darius Miles was supposed to come with him. Obviously, Miles went straight to the NBA. Then, when he declared early, Marcus Hatten was coming in the following season. He could have had Miles freshman year, and he and Man Hatten in the back court sophomore year. Obviously never came to fruition.

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #690 on: January 19, 2016, 02:13:25 PM »
Ponds moved up to #36 in the new ESPN rankings.

Wods317

« Reply #691 on: January 19, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »

What was he before?

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #692 on: January 19, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »

What was he before?

42 I believe

paultzman

« Reply #693 on: January 28, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
A healthy distraction from the woes of the season;

http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/big-fish/#oqtX7hqIpYQzk39v.97

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #695 on: February 01, 2016, 03:04:13 PM »
Big game Saturday night, Jefferson@CTK 730
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #696 on: February 01, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »

This is actually right about where I've always felt he should be ranked.  I don't see him climbing much further. To get a kid as good as him and to be able to put him in a situation with Lovett, Mussini, Ahmed and even Ellison where he doesn't HAVE to do more than he is ready for really gives me hope for this staff.

It's one thing to get top kids to come in when you have a glaring hole at a position, but to get a top 40 combo guard to come the year after a top 60 pg and another high-profile combo playing 30+ mpg as a frosh --  both  projecting to be four year players -- that is elite program building. And this kid is recruiting a top 20 guard to come here?! You dot get much more confident than that.

« Reply #697 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:46 PM »

Is the game 7pm or 730? I've seen both times...trying to make it but that extra half hour would seal it for me. And is it definitely at Christ the King?

« Reply #698 on: February 05, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »

Is the game 7pm or 730? I've seen both times...trying to make it but that extra half hour would seal it for me. And is it definitely at Christ the King?

Anybody??

MCNPA

« Reply #699 on: February 06, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »
Been thinking about a comparison type player for Shamori, because he's really a combo-type but with excellent shooting and scoring ability.   Probably the best that came to mind was Troy Bell of BC.  True combo with shooting and scoring ability. Both very similar skill sets. We can all wish for him to be close to as good as Bell by they're similar type players imo.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:20:39 PM by MCNPA »