Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

Foad

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #540 on: April 09, 2014, 08:06:15 AM »

Who the hell cares?  Some of you are allowing your frustration over how the season ended (which is fair it was a lousy way to end a season that seemed to be heading in the right direction) into criticizing stuff that means nothing either way.

There are no games.  I mean he also said Jordan is one of the best guards he has ever recruited.  Guess what, he is probably right.  So what?

He knows the bottom line is he needs to build a consistent winner here.  To be a consistent NCAA team, which he has said MANY times.  Do you have a problem with that?

Let's say Lavin says Delarosa is  the next "Lew Alcindor."  Next year progresses the team does really well but Delarosa does not do well, struggles a little.    Is anyone on the board going to remember or care what Lavin says about Delarosa?  In other words are there going to be people on this board who say, "I can't enjoy this good season because I can't stand how Lavin tried to sell Delarosa to us last year."  Really?

The problem is that nearly everything that comes out of Lavin's mouth is self-serving and a lie. From pronouncements about recruits to BS about gelling and jam sessions to the excuses he makes when things inevitably cock up. He creates his own credibility problems by running his yap and it's perfectly reasonable for those who have been lied to to question everything they hear said thereafter, unless they're fools.

You are correct: if he won no one would care. He could spout all day long nonsense about peacocks and feather dusters and subway tokens and we'd lap it up. What a charmer we'd think. But he's not. He's a loser and close to a buffoon while doing so and the stink is on the rose. If he doesn't want to be mistaken for a clown he should take off the red nose and fright wig. If he wears them its not unreasonable for his get up to be a matter of discussion.

paultzman

« Reply #541 on: April 09, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
@AdamZagoria: All signs pointing to Adonis Delarosa becoming St. John's 1st 2014 commit later today...Follow @Ben_Baskin for coverage of the 230 presser.

« Reply #542 on: April 09, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

Who the hell cares?  Some of you are allowing your frustration over how the season ended (which is fair it was a lousy way to end a season that seemed to be heading in the right direction) into criticizing stuff that means nothing either way.

There are no games.  I mean he also said Jordan is one of the best guards he has ever recruited.  Guess what, he is probably right.  So what?

He knows the bottom line is he needs to build a consistent winner here.  To be a consistent NCAA team, which he has said MANY times.  Do you have a problem with that?

Let's say Lavin says Delarosa is  the next "Lew Alcindor."  Next year progresses the team does really well but Delarosa does not do well, struggles a little.    Is anyone on the board going to remember or care what Lavin says about Delarosa?  In other words are there going to be people on this board who say, "I can't enjoy this good season because I can't stand how Lavin tried to sell Delarosa to us last year."  Really?

The problem is that nearly everything that comes out of Lavin's mouth is self-serving and a lie. From pronouncements about recruits to BS about gelling and jam sessions to the excuses he makes when things inevitably cock up. He creates his own credibility problems by running his yap and it's perfectly reasonable for those who have been lied to to question everything they hear said thereafter, unless they're fools.

You are correct: if he won no one would care. He could spout all day long nonsense about peacocks and feather dusters and subway tokens and we'd lap it up. What a charmer we'd think. But he's not. He's a loser and close to a buffoon while doing so and the stink is on the rose. If he doesn't want to be mistaken for a clown he should take off the red nose and fright wig. If he wears them its not unreasonable for his get up to be a matter of discussion.

I disagree.

Foad

« Reply #543 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »

I disagree.

I don't doubt it. Just as I don't doubt that you'll change your mind and publicly apologize in 6 months. In other words, you're fickle.

Poison

« Reply #544 on: April 09, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
@AdamZagoria: All signs pointing to Adonis Delarosa becoming St. John's 1st 2014 commit later today...Follow @Ben_Baskin for coverage of the 230 presser.

What are these signs? Didn't this kid say we weren't recruiting him hard? Or is he man enough not to need us to treat him a like a princess?

« Reply #545 on: April 09, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »

HAMMER TO THE ROCK!

« Reply #546 on: April 09, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »

I disagree.

I don't doubt it. Just as I don't doubt that you'll change your mind and publicly apologize in 6 months. In other words, you're fickle.

I am pickle not fickle.

And I disagree with your doubt.

But I do hope you are the first to post next season when SJU fans are actively rooting against SJU to win (in hopes they fire Lavin) and then lo and behold they win just like you posted that way during the Norm Roberts era.

paultzman

« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
For those who have it;

@msg_varsity: Today at 2:30, Christ the King's @adelarosa0920 and @DreWalker_ will announce their college choices on #MSGV_Live: http://t.co/YjpGhQX5PU

« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

I disagree.

I am pickle not fickle.

And I disagree with your doubt.

But I do hope you are the first to post next season when SJU fans are actively rooting against SJU to win (in hopes they fire Lavin) and then lo and behold they win just like you posted that way during the Norm Roberts era.

Fun backed Roberts until the end, mostly becuase he hated Jarvis I think

And did Fordham finally admit he is a prick? That is how I interpreted "Iam pickle" anyay

Trone

« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
Looks like Henderson and Adonis are in.  That is 2 down for to go.  Hopefully we add another 2 bigs and 2 guards for future depth

paultzman

« Reply #550 on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:31 AM »
Looks like Henderson and Adonis are in.  That is 2 down for to go.  Hopefully we add another 2 bigs and 2 guards for future depth

Henderson not in.  Most know Adonis is coming. I think you are confusing Thomas with Henderson.

ras

« Reply #551 on: April 09, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »

Henderson not in.  Most know Adonis is coming. I think you are confusing Thomas with Henderson.
Is Thomas in. Hes just what the dr. ordered.?

« Reply #552 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »

Herderson not it? Or not in yet?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #553 on: April 09, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »

Has not visited yet & not sure he is prime on radar.

paultzman

« Reply #554 on: April 09, 2014, 11:13:03 AM »

Is Thomas in. Hes just what the dr. ordered.?

Nothing official yet, but it seems SJU is well positioned. We'll see.

« Reply #555 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »

Thanks paultz
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #556 on: April 09, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »

I don't know that backed is the right word. I recognized Norm's citizenship and integrity despite his atrocious results, protested attacks on his character, and delighted in the ineffectual whining of his detractors, because schadenfreude. I was mostly relieved when he got canned, as I will be whenever Bozo goes back to California.

« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »

I don't know that backed is the right word. I recognized Norm's citizenship and integrity despite his atrocious results, protested attacks on his character, and delighted in the ineffectual whining of his detractors, because schadenfreude. I was mostly relieved when he got canned, as I will be whenever Bozo goes back to California.

You turned on Big Head much quicker anyway. As for me they could hire Charles Manson or Calipari and I wouldn't care as long as we win. Lavin's act has gotten annoying becuase we stink. Same as the nice guy Norm thing. Just my opinion anyway. Don't need athletes, coaches, actors etc to be good guys, I can seperate.

Trone

« Reply #558 on: April 09, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »

Thanks paultz

yes, thanks for the correction, i meant thomas

« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »
Many criticize Lavin for pumping up his players and spinning disappointments. How about viewing it through the prism of the real world. Ever hear a CEO explain a bad quarter by saying our sales team took three months off and our product is inferior to competition? Ever hear Obama say sorry folks, Obamacare may not have been a good idea? Ever hear our military say from the front, sorry Commander, we are getting our butts kicked. Leaders do what they can to pump up their team's confidence. Leaders spin what has happened while trying to make the result better. Leaders inspire optimism, not breed despair. The criticism of Lavin on this issue is sophomoric. Do you expect him to say --we have a new recruit with some gaps in his game and it is uncertain he will be able to improve? Or should he say, I see little hope for this team improving? Or, we keep going over this with players a and b in practice but can't seem to overcome their ego, or their lack of basketball iq? These criticisms of Lavin are just silly, and reflect a lack of experience in the real world. A press conference is not a Confessional. It's purpose is not to commit hari kari, but to put the best front on what is occurring for many good reasons--morale, public perception, confidence boosting, optimism, recruiting, etc etc. The first coach to stand up and say "This program is in hopeless shape " will also be a former coach. It is terrible leadership. All here say Roberts was a man of integrity. Anyone remember him saying, sorry guys, I am in over my head, or try as I might, I can't attract top recruits? Get real, guys.