Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies
Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #580 on: April 09, 2014, 03:16:22 PM »
He's coming. Very cool to see.

Great!!  And the countdown to some who will say ADR is better than Sampson and Obekpa will begin in 5, 4, 3, ...
It's like an addiction, we can't help ourselves. Hopefully he is a solid team player, who can give us some good minutes.

« Reply #581 on: April 09, 2014, 03:16:48 PM »
 ‏@NYPost_Brazille 4m
Delarosa cited relationship with Tony Chiles as major factor. #sjubb

@Ben_Baskin 6m
"The fact that I will be home, can be with my family, and also be an impact player as soon as I come in" - Delarosa on St Johns decision.

@Ben_Baskin 5m
"There's nothing better than playing and putting on for your city. And also you get to play at the Garden"—Delarosa continued.

« Reply #582 on: April 09, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »
 @gregthompson27  ·  10m ago
On being the first 2014 commit for #sjubb Delarosa says "I'm not gonna spoil any names but I've definitely been talking to some other guys"

@gregthompson27  ·  8m ago
Delarosa says at the end of the day it was about staying home & the chance to play on the biggest stage he knows he'll have immediate impact

@gregthompson27  ·  7m ago
Delarosa also says he's not worried about having to replace guys like Obekpa up front, he's just going to be himself #BXsports

@gregthompson27  ·  6m ago
Asked if interest increased after all the recent #sjubb players left, he said not really. They've shown him love since day 1 #BXsports

DFF6

« Reply #583 on: April 09, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »

Great!!  And the countdown to some who will say ADR is better than Sampson and Obekpa will begin in 5, 4, 3, ...
It's like an addiction, we can't help ourselves. Hopefully he is a solid team player, who can give us some good minutes.

It is an addiction, and the boards serve as our dealer.  Either way, very happy to finally have the large, immovable presence in the middle.  If he works hard in the offseason, I think he can contribute next year in a meaningful way.

redslope

« Reply #584 on: April 09, 2014, 03:31:42 PM »
Finally someone from the CHSAA.  Just give him time to develop-he is not Alcindor/Jabbar

« Reply #585 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »
On being the first 2014 commit for #sjubb Delarosa says "I'm not gonna spoil any names but I've definitely been talking to some other guys"

@gregthompson27  ·  8m ago
Delarosa says at the end of the day it was about staying home & the chance to play on the biggest stage he knows he'll have immediate impact

@gregthompson27  ·  7m ago
Delarosa also says he's not worried about having to replace guys like Obekpa up front, he's just going to be himself #BXsports

@gregthompson27  ·  6m ago
Asked if interest increased after all the recent #sjubb players left, he said not really. They've shown him love since day 1 #BXsports

at least someone on the staff wasn't lazy!!!!!!!!! like another poster said nice to have a local kid join the team.

desco80

« Reply #586 on: April 09, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »

It is an addiction, and the boards serve as our dealer.  Either way, very happy to finally have the large, immovable presence in the middle.  If he works hard in the offseason, I think he can contribute next year in a meaningful way.

+1
I'm happy to have him.  It's been a long time since we had an aircraft carrier who can take up space and post people up.   
But I really worth that this is Phil Greene 2.0     He's going to be thrust into a role he's not ready for.   More minutes and responsibility than he should be given.   
He would be good for what he should be, a backup center for now as he develops.  Maybe a starter as an upper classman.
But we're going to need big things from him right away.  And that's a recipe for disaster in my opinion. 
Sorry to be negative.  I'm glad we got him.

« Reply #587 on: April 09, 2014, 03:43:33 PM »

Staff can take it easy as it looks like Adonis is doing the recruiting for St. John's

DFF6

« Reply #588 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »

Staff can take it easy as it looks like Adonis is doing the recruiting for St. John's

Anyone have intell on who "some other guys" are?

« Reply #589 on: April 09, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »
Happy to finally have a true big. Not to be negative or anything because I like Adonis' game but we still need alot more upfront or else we will be in trouble. Regardless, glad he's coming to SJU and hopefully this will push the black cloud away for a little bit

« Reply #590 on: April 09, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »
Good job by the staff on not taking a couple hours out of their busy day to go up to Albany.

Don’t sweat it, the extra sleep from not travelling helped.

MCNPA

« Reply #591 on: April 09, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Adonis.  Nice to have one frontcourt player on the roster...  I do like Adonis' potential as well as size.  We need a whole lot more though to have a competitive frontcourt.  Still glad to have him coming in.

« Reply #592 on: April 09, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »
Looks like Henderson and Adonis are in.  That is 2 down for to go.  Hopefully we add another 2 bigs and 2 guards for future depth

Henderson not in.  Most know Adonis is coming. I think you are confusing Thomas with Henderson.

Herderson not it? Or not in yet?

Has not visited yet & not sure he is prime on radar.
Under the best circumstances Branch, DLO,Greene, and proably Sheed are gone after next year. Even though our immediate needs are bigs. We have a lot of scholis to give. Staff better start grooming some guards for the future.
Staff should try and get PG Roddy Peters.  Sloppy ball handling is his signature - fit right in.

goredmen

« Reply #593 on: April 09, 2014, 04:36:11 PM »
Hopefully Adonis has already started working on Rawle to join him in a couple years

« Reply #594 on: April 09, 2014, 04:46:34 PM »
Welcome Adonis! Thanks for choosing St. John's. Keep on working hard
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #595 on: April 09, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »
It looks like he has lost weight. In the Zags article listed around 253.

« Reply #596 on: April 09, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »

While I dont believe the 253 for a second, he does look much thinner.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #597 on: April 09, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »

No way he's 253.  He's still pushing 300, guaranteed.  He's lost weight, but I saw him play in CHSAA playoffs and he's not a slender 6'11" kid at this point.  I don't mind the weight on him at all though.  Been forever since we've not been abused by big bodies inside.   He just needs to be 260 and replace the fat with muscle.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:14:28 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #598 on: April 09, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »

No way he's 253.  He's still pushing 300, guaranteed.  He's lost weight, but I saw him play in CHSAA playoffs and he's not a slender 6'11" kid at this point.  I don't mind the weight on him at all though.  Been forever since we've not been abused by big bodies inside.   He just needs to be 260 and replace the fat with muscle.
in interview he stated that he is  265lbs and wanted to get down to 250 for next season.

Poison

« Reply #599 on: April 09, 2014, 06:19:00 PM »
Good news. Feels good to be wanted. Those that have seen him, who does he remind you of? How would you describe his skillset?