Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

paultzman

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #660 on: June 25, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
He's in terrible shape.

Joey looks in decent shape. Adonis has long way to go it appears.

http://instagram.com/p/pmxhKch1s2/

This should come as a shock to no one.     We knew what we were getting in this situation.
The challenge was always going to be to get him into game shape.  That hasn't changed

It would not be the worst thing if he sat out a year & got into shape, provided he is willing to pay the price.

That leaves us very thin in the front court Paultz.   I'm all for Adonis getting into shape, but I don't see Joey giving us much if anything, and that leaves just a foul-prone Obekpa to play center.   

I should have said "If he does not qualify, it would not be worst thing to sit out & get in shape." Sorry. I agree with you regarding front court depth. Man, is this 14 recruiting haul underwhelming to date.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:18:33 PM by paultzman »

LJSA

« Reply #661 on: June 25, 2014, 08:23:37 PM »
His body looks better than I expected. I guess conditioning is the bigger issue, though.

« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2014, 10:24:42 PM »
He's in terrible shape.

This should come as a shock to no one.     We knew what we were getting in this situation.
The challenge was always going to be to get him into game shape.  That hasn't changed

It would not be the worst thing if he sat out a year & got into shape, provided he is willing to pay the price.

That leaves us very thin in the front court Paultz.   I'm all for Adonis getting into shape, but I don't see Joey giving us much if anything, and that leaves just a foul-prone Obekpa to play center.   

I should have said "If he does not qualify, it would not be worst thing to sit out & get in shape." Sorry. I agree with you regarding front court depth. Man, is this 14 recruiting haul underwhelming to date.
To date? It's only late June. Let's see how this plays out as some are want to say.

desco80

« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2014, 10:44:05 PM »
He's in terrible shape.

To date? It's only late June. Let's see how this plays out as some are want to say.

Celtics, the 2014 recruiting cycle is over.   
What do you expect to come down the pipe?
Good, bad, or otherwise, there are very very few good options available. 
Coaches are trying to seal the deal w 2015 kids and solidify their position with the rising juniors.   

« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:11 PM »
He's in terrible shape.

Celtics, the 2014 recruiting cycle is over.   
What do you expect to come down the pipe?
Good, bad, or otherwise, there are very very few good options available. 
Coaches are trying to seal the deal w 2015 kids and solidify their position with the rising juniors.   

Hello. anybody home?

Johnny23

« Reply #665 on: June 26, 2014, 07:27:02 AM »
This 2014-2015 year is huge for Lavin IMO. Between the lack of recruiting success (average recruiting) and the lack of NCAA appearances, he needs to really step it up this year. Otherwise he's no better than some no name ass't coach that SJU could get from a local smaller school which I'd prefer cuz he'd be hungry.

If the results on the court aren't good this year then there's no way in hell Briscoe, Diallo and other top recruits come here. He has to yield results on the floor before the blue chips follow.

Lavin and Rex Ryan are in very similiar positions. 3 straight years without a real postseason yet they still manage to leverage whatever they have to keep a job.

Being a big fan of both teams, there better be a coaching change for both teams if they don't make the postseason this year. 4 straight years of no playoffs or NCAA = time to move on.

pmg911

« Reply #666 on: June 26, 2014, 08:03:10 AM »
He's in terrible shape.

Athletically or academically?  Or worse, both?

Was told that today is the day kids find out most recent ACT/SAT test scores....

« Reply #667 on: June 26, 2014, 05:00:07 PM »
So a project who is a problem physically and academically ?

LJSA

« Reply #668 on: June 26, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
Was told that today is the day kids find out most recent ACT/SAT test scores....

Anyone know of any happy tweets or FB postings from him?

LJSA

« Reply #669 on: June 26, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »
So a project who is a problem physically and academically ?

It's summertime. There will be fewer posters around to sucker into an exchange with you.

paultzman

« Reply #670 on: June 27, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
Hearing he won't qualify. We'll see very shortly.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:55:06 PM by paultzman »

boo3

« Reply #671 on: June 27, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
 Well, the way last season ended and this off season went, Lavin and crew better get themselves an NCAA berth or it will be the end of the line... Everything else, the talk, hyperbole, etc....gets thrown out the window...

Like many of us have said all along- this is the make or break season.  The proof is in the results this year.. Go dancing with this group or go walking out the door.   Pretty simple

pmg911

« Reply #672 on: June 27, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »
Hearing he won't qualify. We'll see very shortly.

Honestly doesn't shock me - CTK is an awful school these days...

mkras99

« Reply #673 on: June 27, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
‏@AdamZagoria  1m
St. John's commit Adonis Delarosa is qualified academically, @ctkcoachjarbs tells @SNYtv

SJUFAN

« Reply #674 on: June 27, 2014, 01:47:51 PM »
Well, the way last season ended and this off season went, Lavin and crew better get themselves an NCAA berth or it will be the end of the line... Everything else, the talk, hyperbole, etc....gets thrown out the window...

Like many of us have said all along- this is the make or break season.  The proof is in the results this year.. Go dancing with this group or go walking out the door.   Pretty simple

Ive been a Lavin supporter, but i'm so disappointed in the 14' recruiting efforts. This, IMO, was a more important year than 15' class. I expect to go dancing this year, but then we will lose so much. If we don't land our targets in 15' doubt we dance then. I don't want to be a program that dances once every 3-4 years. That is not what we brought in Lavin for, but that is what we will get by dropping the ball on the 14' class. You can't take a year off and let your hopes lye in landing the talent he's targeting for 15'. Better programs can come in and change a players' decision in a hurry. But if he brought in some talent this year, then some the next we are looking at sustained success. If he doesn't bring in these players' in 15' and we don't dance I'll be ready to move on.   

paultzman

« Reply #675 on: June 27, 2014, 01:50:35 PM »
‏@AdamZagoria  1m
St. John's commit Adonis Delarosa is qualified academically, @ctkcoachjarbs tells @SNYtv

Glad what I heard was wrong.

QuanMan

« Reply #676 on: June 27, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »
Tremendous news! Adonis and Joey are going to be key contributors next year despite what others think.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #677 on: June 27, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »
Tremendous news! Adonis and Joey are going to be key contributors next year despite what others think.
Doubt it despite what you think. Unless of course you mean key contributors to losing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:56:53 PM by Celtics11 »

boo3

« Reply #678 on: June 27, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
^^^^ superfan

« Reply #679 on: June 27, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
^^^^ superfan

We need more fans like him  ::)