Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies
Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #480 on: April 01, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Adonis Delarosa set to announce April 18, could now do it at Jordan Game since he was picked for Regional Game. @ctkcoachjarbs

LivingSocial is offering $9 tickets to the Jordan Regional Game if anyone is interested in going. Barclays Center.

I will pay for the SJU coaching staff if you can locate them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:22:40 PM by stjohnnie75 »

paultzman

« Reply #481 on: April 03, 2014, 02:06:47 PM »
Is immediate playing time going to seal the deal with Adonis or will recent defections have a negative effect?  I thought he was ours to lose, but not feeling as confident right now. Then again I am a worrier.

Chilleb

« Reply #482 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Is immediate playing time going to seal the deal with Adonis or will recent defections have a negative effect?  I thought he was ours to lose, but not feeling as confident right now. Then again I am a worrier.
Word from yesterday paultz was hes going to visit alabama, south carolina and rutgers... immediate playing time at all of those schools

paultzman

« Reply #483 on: April 03, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
Word from yesterday paultz was hes going to visit alabama, south carolina and rutgers... immediate playing time at all of those schools

Thanks man!  Is that the "good news" you alluded to? Ha

ras

« Reply #484 on: April 03, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
Fwiw a poster on redmen  says he has reliable info saying  Delarosa ain't coming. I guess his brother could be our starting C ,even though he hardly played at FIU.

MCNPA

« Reply #485 on: April 03, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »
Fwiw a poster on redmen  says he has reliable info saying  Delarosa ain't coming. I guess his brother could be our starting C ,even though he hardly played at FIU.

I believe that.  He'll probably go to Pitt where they have a roster full of players and a coach with a great track record with college bigs.

« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2014, 01:41:24 AM »
Good job by the staff on not taking a couple hours out of their busy day to go up to Albany.

« Reply #487 on: April 04, 2014, 06:39:16 AM »

I believe that.  He'll probably go to Pitt where they have a roster full of players and a coach with a great track record with college bigs.
He mentioned that the info he received on ADR was incorrect, so we still may be in the game.

DFF6

« Reply #488 on: April 04, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »

He mentioned that the info he received on ADR was incorrect, so we still may be in the game.

Thanks for the clarification shamsman2. Funny. How ADR went from a nice project to the most important recruit on deck over the last month.

Marillac

« Reply #489 on: April 04, 2014, 10:11:37 AM »
Does anyone know if Joey was practicing with the team the 2nd semester?  I still have no way of knowing if the kid is actually at SJU or it is a joke, but in spite of his poor #s at FIU he would be ready to make a bigger impact than GG did his first year coming from a D2 JUCO in a weak region (not saying his #s will be the same).  If he was practicing with the team that is a huge step.

paultzman

« Reply #490 on: April 04, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
Does anyone know if Joey was practicing with the team the 2nd semester?  I still have no way of knowing if the kid is actually at SJU or it is a joke, but in spite of his poor #s at FIU he would be ready to make a bigger impact than GG did his first year coming from a D2 JUCO in a weak region (not saying his #s will be the same).  If he was practicing with the team that is a huge step.

As I have said, he was enrolled this semester, but did not practice with team. He also indicated to me a month or so ago that he needed to address an injury medically shortly.

Poison

« Reply #491 on: April 04, 2014, 01:18:18 PM »
Kid could be lousy, but a local 2/3 star that doesn't want to be the starting center at St.John's? That would put us right back in the Norm Roberts category.

« Reply #492 on: April 04, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »
but does julius derosa have any eligibility remaining

paultzman

« Reply #493 on: April 04, 2014, 04:13:11 PM »
@adelarosa0920: My commitment date   has been changed I will be committing on April 9th !!

« Reply #494 on: April 04, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
must've loved that visit to Pitt ;-)

hnk

« Reply #495 on: April 04, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »
Maybe he wants 'ship before Obeckpa

paultzman

« Reply #496 on: April 04, 2014, 06:25:33 PM »
  I expect Adonis to be donning red hat next week at CTK. Joey too. Just a prediction, but who knows around here.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 08:04:35 AM by paultzman »

goredmen

« Reply #497 on: April 04, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
  I expect Adonis to be donning red hat next week at CTK. Joey too.

Me too. However I don't think it will go well for him at first. Adonis is going to be asked to play big minutes in his freshman year and he's just not ready for that yet. He will probably go through some serious struggles and fans may start to get impatient with him as they have come to expect freshmen to be instant contributors. Part of that may be on Lavin who will inevitably talk up Adonis as Obekpa's replacement and how we won't lose any frontcourt production because Adonis is now in the fold

I have no doubt that he will be a very good player for us or whoever gets him but not right away

paultzman

« Reply #498 on: April 04, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »

Cute;

@NYPost_Brazille: Christ the King's Adonis Delarosa moves up commitment date to Apr. 9. Good news for St. John's fans I would think. #sjubb.

« Reply #499 on: April 04, 2014, 07:07:49 PM »
A big that likes to rebound (Thomas) and another that isn't afraid to to take opponents out when they try to dunk on him (Adonis).  Next year will be fun.