Marcus for Fordham?

• 33 replies

Poison

Marcus for Fordham?
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
What do we hear? Is he in or out for this one?

Chartouny sat out Fordham's game against Harvard. His status is still up in the air as well.
Not that it would be the end of world at this point, but I'd really rather not lose two in a row to a program like Fordham.

Re: Marcus for Fordham?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
Got to win this game. With or without Lovett

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »

They better come correct, after getting bitch slapped by these clownz.

If Yakwe and Sima have a pair of balls, they finally show up tomorrow.
It's time to take off the skirts.

ras

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 04:37:15 PM »
I believe he tweeted hes in.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »

They better come correct, after getting bitch slapped by these clownz.

If Yakwe and Sima have a pair of balls, they finally show up tomorrow.
It's time to take off the skirts.

While they've clearly had a hard time keeping up, it's not only them. Other than Ponds, LoVett and arguably Owens no one has gotten off to the kind of start we were expecting.

There are some really poor big man habits that I see in Sima and Yakwe. They both always bring the ball down to their waist or below it in order to gather themselves before going up w it. Their footwork is terrible and that has everything to do why they are playing such a soft game. On defense, Yakwe leaves his feet at the first sign of any ball fake. Sima simply doesn't move or think fast enough to box out, and he's constantly off balance when attempting to guard anyone.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 07:42:19 AM »
The NY Post says LoVett is out and Chartouny will be back for this one. Ruh Roh.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/coach-drama-adds-spice-to-st-johns-fordham-rivalry/

Wods317

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »
The NY Post says LoVett is out and Chartouny will be back for this one. Ruh Roh.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/coach-drama-adds-spice-to-st-johns-fordham-rivalry/

It would be nice if Fordham got their program together at the same time that we did. It is cool to see some local rivalries especially because at this point we dont have one.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 09:50:18 AM »

It would be nice if Fordham got their program together at the same time that we did. It is cool to see some local rivalries especially because at this point we dont have one.

I'm hoping that we can keep up with them without Lovett. I will say that I loved Ponds with the ball in his hands for 30+ minutes. He's a terrific player. I said before the season began that we needed some sleepers. Turns out it's Ponds. He's playing like he should have been ranked in the top 25.

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »
Without or without Lovett we have to to win tonight . That is not unreasonable expectations. Fordham is terrible. We need to break their press and get easy baskets. On defense cover the 3 point line.

Johnny23

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 10:14:22 AM »
This will not be an easy game without Lovett. We need some type of contribution from one of Sima, Yakwe or Owens . Ponds, Ahmed and Mussini can't do it all.

Johnny23

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 10:23:18 AM »
This will not be an easy game without Lovett. We need some type of contribution from one of Sima, Yakwe or Owens . Ponds, Ahmed and Mussini can't do it all.
[/quote
Their front court is not good.

Neither is ours. That's why I said this is a game where one of our bigs needs to step up.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 10:36:16 AM »

Ya local rivalries lololol

hnk

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
Baldi, r u sticking with 3 weeks on Marcus?

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »

Was just a guess. A boot is never a good thing

QuanMan

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:32 AM »

Was just a guess. A boot is never a good thing

This is strategy as much as it is precaution IMO. Neubauer has to have two separate gameplan's not knowing whether or not Marcus is active. Until I see the release from the SID I'm siding with him playing tonight.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »
I don't think he's playing
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
Good thing. Don't rush back and re injure. Rather have 100% against Big East schedule

wpc77

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 01:21:42 PM »
Should be able to win this without Lovett.  Fordham is awful on the boards, averaging only 27 per game as compared to 38 per for SJU - and they were particularly bad at rebounding in their 4 losses.  They aren't great from outside either (31.7%).  We should be playing zone and running early and often to generate quick baskets off of missed shots
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:22:16 PM by wpc77 »

goredmen

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
Should be able to win this without Lovett.  Fordham is awful on the boards, averaging only 27 per game as compared to 38 per for SJU - and they were particularly bad at rebounding in their 4 losses.  They aren't great from outside either (31.7%).  We should be playing zone and running early and often to generate quick baskets off of missed shots

But they are 2nd in the country in turnovers caused per game and we dont have a true PG for this one