« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »

goredmen

Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
Visiting Louisville Thursday

QuanMan

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2018, 12:36:38 PM »
247 Sports Director of Scouting Jerry Meyer now joins the fray predicting Aidan to join the program:

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Aidan-Igiehon-at-Lawrence-Woodmere-Academy-181795/CurrentExpertPredictions
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
Evan Daniels just crystal balled him to Louisville so these crystal balls don't mean much

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2018, 04:11:52 PM »
Evan Daniels just crystal balled him to Louisville so these crystal balls don't mean much
Meyer and Slater have good track records but Daniels at 95% success rate is by far the highest. Thing is these guys are known to change their predictions because as we all know and have heard a million times "recruiting is fluid".

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2018, 11:22:48 PM »

Take into account Daniels lives in Louisville and is very close to the program.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

derk

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2018, 11:41:02 AM »
Let's get real. If we beat out those 9 schools the program would be on another level.

SJUFAN

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
We need to land this kid. Considering we were on him first along with his involvement in social media in NY we have a really good chance of singing him. He seems to realize the opportunities that exist for him in NY and how he can leverage basketball to get him access to these opportunities.     

Johnny23

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2018, 04:20:56 PM »
This is such a broken record on this board. These 5 star prospects have zero reason to go to SJU until we win 20+ games and make the dance. Heron's a different case because of his mom's situation. Otherwise these are all pipe dreams. Win and we have a shot. Mike Rice would help first in terms of coaching and the win total. Secondly he would help because of his AAU ties. Not the other way around. Let's see if he comes on board.

QuanMan

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2018, 02:24:19 AM »
This is such a broken record on this board. These 5 star prospects have zero reason to go to SJU until we win 20+ games and make the dance. Heron's a different case because of his mom's situation. Otherwise these are all pipe dreams. Win and we have a shot. Mike Rice would help first in terms of coaching and the win total. Secondly he would help because of his AAU ties. Not the other way around. Let's see if he comes on board.

Johnny23, you're dead wrong. Inch by inch Chris and staff have been working over the past 3+ years to prove jabronis like you wrong, and they will. Once Rice comes on board it's a wrap. This is the year we move the needle, the wins are coming, followed by the elite 2019 kids. Feel out the tri state, read the market, once the momentum builds in November ( we have the best backcourt in the country) this season, we will be the talk of the Northeast. We are.
Section 3
Section 116

Johnny23

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 07:50:17 AM »

Johnny23, you're dead wrong. Inch by inch Chris and staff have been working over the past 3+ years to prove jabronis like you wrong, and they will. Once Rice comes on board it's a wrap. This is the year we move the needle, the wins are coming, followed by the elite 2019 kids. Feel out the tri state, read the market, once the momentum builds in November ( we have the best backcourt in the country) this season, we will be the talk of the Northeast. We are.

Dead wrong about which part?  Like I said if they get Rice there's a chance the wins and the recruits follow. Without Rice, I don't have a lot of confidence in the current staff's coaching ability. We shall see.

derk

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »

We've gone inch by inch many times before but we've never hit the jackpot - as hiring Rice ( presuming he can open the door to more elite recruits ) recruiting Igehon, and keeping Heron eligible,etc.would be. Before that happens it would be premature to assign the jabronis tag to anyone.

TONYD3

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »
Chris obekpa, slice, and now mike rice. 3 most over rated men in Johnny jungle history. Rice would be an upgrade. Has anyone ever looked up his record at Rutgers ?

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
Chris obekpa, slice, and now mike rice. 3 most over rated men in Johnny jungle history. Rice would be an upgrade. Has anyone ever looked up his record at Rutgers ?

I don’t think that’s fair. Ever seen Calipari’s record in the NBA? What about Norm Roberts record at St. John’s.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »

Obekpa was the best shot blocker in the country during his time here.  Slice was not here long enough to assess, and Mike Rice took Robert Morris to the tournament twice before tackling a full rebuild at Rutgers.

Jermaine Lawrence, Max Hooper and many others were more overrated by this board.

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2018, 04:30:12 PM »

I don’t think that’s fair. Ever seen Calipari’s record in the NBA? What about Norm Roberts record at St. John’s.

It is completely unfair as you state but for even simpler terms, YOU ARE NOT HIRING HIM AS YOUR HEAD COACH.  THE STANDARD IS NOT THE SAME FOR AN ASSITANT AS IT IS FOR A HC!!!

Think about it this way, would you hire Steve Pikiel as an assistant?  Under the same standard you are holding Rice in terms of his record at Rutgers the answer would be NO.  And that is why that standard is ludicrous.  It is ludicrous to hold an assistant position to the same standard as the HC it is even more ludicrous when you hold it against someone that they didn't win more at Rutgers in just 3 years when almost NO ONE would have been able to win at Rutgers in just 3 years. 

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »
For me the issue is the decision-making approach on this board; we discuss what is in our past experience in terms of STJ current status (incremental or normative decision-making).  People think we need another recruiter and experienced head coach on staff and Mike Rice is in the experience of most posters so we talk about him.  I have a friend who is a renowned high school coach with expertise in coaching big men and match up zone.  Why not him (who I will leave unnamed for now) or dozens of other folks who could do the job?  Assistant Coach pays a lot better than High School anything if you're not in Texas.

TONYD3

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2018, 01:28:50 PM »
For me the issue is the decision-making approach on this board; we discuss what is in our past experience in terms of STJ current status (incremental or normative decision-making).  People think we need another recruiter and experienced head coach on staff and Mike Rice is in the experience of most posters so we talk about him.  I have a friend who is a renowned high school coach with expertise in coaching big men and match up zone.  Why not him (who I will leave unnamed for now) or dozens of other folks who could do the job?  Assistant Coach pays a lot better than High School anything if you're not in Texas.
You guys missed my point. Your unnamed friend I am sure would be an upgrade to this staff.
Mike rice would be great. Steve pikiel slam dunk hire. Year 4 of a complete rebuild still wishing for one of these guys is the issue. Furthermore as much as we could use an experienced coach, it will just get our team closer to even. Every good team has good coaches except us. Mike rice won’t put us over the top.

Foad

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
You guys missed my point. Your unnamed friend I am sure would be an upgrade to this staff.
Mike rice would be great. Steve pikiel slam dunk hire. Year 4 of a complete rebuild still wishing for one of these guys is the issue. Furthermore as much as we could use an experienced coach, it will just get our team closer to even. Every good team has good coaches except us. Mike rice won’t put us over the top.

Maybe ewe shud send in your resoomay? Prubably Chris Mullins could youse the advise of a fifth grade teacher whom has trubble spelling too sillable wurds.