DaShawn Davis- PG- OSNA- BX

• 21 replies

QuanMan

DaShawn Davis- PG- OSNA- BX
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:46:25 AM »
Per DeAnte Mitchell:

"Our Savior Lutheran (NY) PG DaShawn Davis '19 announced his top three as Seton Hall, Old Dominion and St John's".

https://twitter.com/daves_joint/status/1034999519644200962
More
The city’s most popular high school player over this summer, Dashawn “Rams” Davis, wins the MVP of the Lincoln Park Classic, in South Ozone Park, Queens.

--NYC floor general. His name has been buzzing all Summer. Supposedly its a soft offer from us, I take that as Bishop and Gaffney come first for a '19PG.

Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

Re: DaShawn Davis- PG- OSNA- BX
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 07:50:40 PM »
Dashawn Davis to Seton Hall

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
Guess he sort of got recruited over at the pg position

Poison

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 09:49:47 PM »
We just offered.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:41:03 AM »
We just offered.

I like this.  6-3, hard nosed defender, 3 years of eligibility.  Looks like the reason he didn't make it to Seton Hall was grades - just went down the rabbit hole of their forums. 

I think I would gladly trade the LJ scholarship for 1 year, for 3 potential years of this. 

Some big name schools are scratching around...so I assume we won't get him, but it would be nice.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 01:26:36 PM »
My recall is he wanted to come last time but the staff wasn’t as interested. So he popped for the Hall, and I figured he’d ultimately do well there because they’ve had some success with kids who fit his profile.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »
I like this.  6-3, hard nosed defender, 3 years of eligibility.  Looks like the reason he didn't make it to Seton Hall was grades - just went down the rabbit hole of their forums. 

I think I would gladly trade the LJ scholarship for 1 year, for 3 potential years of this. 

Some big name schools are scratching around...so I assume we won't get him, but it would be nice.

He is 2021. 2 years eligibility. He had a lukewarm offer from the last staff. Seton Hall recruited over him. He has been wanting to play here for awhile. Surprised they offered him now. I don't mind him but they need to get better guys coming in for '21.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 05:53:38 PM »
He is 2021. 2 years eligibility. He had a lukewarm offer from the last staff. Seton Hall recruited over him. He has been wanting to play here for awhile. Surprised they offered him now. I don't mind him but they need to get better guys coming in for '21.

I don't think the Hall recruited over him.  They had kids in their back court last year who played minutes and Davis was better than.  Their fan base was upset he did not qualify.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 06:17:19 PM »

So this guy has another year of JUCO, then he can play for us (or anyone?).

I get that no junior college will let you near their gym if you start taking them for their second season at juco, but c'mon man, let the kid play where they want to. 

Poison

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 10:59:15 PM »
I’d be happy with the addition. I think we could stand to focus even a little more on jucos.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 02:20:41 AM »
I don't think the Hall recruited over him.  They had kids in their back court last year who played minutes and Davis was better than.  Their fan base was upset he did not qualify.

Seton Hall is in the picture for Davis. Zoom meeting today with their staff according to Zags. 

It seems he has always wanted to be at St. John's though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:00:13 PM by Redy2Rumble »

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
Davis would be a nice get
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 02:40:40 PM »
Seton Hall is in the picture for Davis. Zoom meeting today with their staff according to Zags. 

It seems he has always wanted to be at St. John's though.

So they didn’t recruit over him. A few of my friends who are Hall fans say they really want him. If we are interested seems we may be playing behind the 8-ball a bit if this kid was spurned by the prior staff.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 08:52:39 PM »
So they didn’t recruit over him. A few of my friends who are Hall fans say they really want him. If we are interested seems we may be playing behind the 8-ball a bit if this kid was spurned by the prior staff.

They hadn't offered him again t now and they recruited the pg position. Spurned by the prior staff? He was not going to be eligible to play in college and most people knew that.

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 11:29:01 PM »
They have an incoming freshman PG and another 2021 commit at the guard position.  If they want Davis as a JUCO it seems they might be recruiting over those kids or think they can do better.

You may well be right about the academics issue.  I'm just saying that if the kid wanted SJU last time and we didn't express much interest, he may be turned off a bit on the program or not to keen on us when compared to a team that was willing to take a commit last time. 

Seems like the type of player that would thrive with Anderson though.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »
Seems like the type of player that would thrive with Anderson though.

Agreed.  I am completely OK being a nameless, 2 and 3 star destination for a bit if the kids buy-in to our program and hustle. 

Stop going for top 50 players bit a bit.  Lock down some #125-#175's that work with our system. 

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 12:18:18 AM »
Seems like Davis is headed to Seton Hall.

Jordan Riley with a Kansas offer. More offers will be rolling in aswell.

Kyle Cuffe Jr. is not a SJU lean either.

2021 is not looking too promising at this point.This was always my main concern for this staff.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 09:25:54 AM »
Seems like Davis is headed to Seton Hall.

Jordan Riley with a Kansas offer. More offers will be rolling in aswell.

Kyle Cuffe Jr. is not a SJU lean either.

2021 is not looking too promising at this point.This was always my main concern for this staff.

Way too soon to say that. If a kid is picking Seton Hall over us, he’s choosing the program. We will need to build our program before we become a good choice again. We might be a good choice, but Seton Hall, at least from a basketball standpoint, probably is. They’re the safer bet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:26:53 AM by Poison »

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 12:34:03 PM »
Way too soon to say that. If a kid is picking Seton Hall over us, he’s choosing the program. We will need to build our program before we become a good choice again. We might be a good choice, but Seton Hall, at least from a basketball standpoint, probably is. They’re the safer bet.

It's not way too soon. These are some of the prime targets for 2021.

Davis just released his top two and it did not include St. John's. It's Seton Hall or Oregon State.

This is supposed to be, according to St. John's fans, a great staff. They have won at previous stops. Anderson's record should speak for itself. We're going on our third recruiting cycle. They need to make a splash.