Cam Mack - PG - Salt Lake City CC

• 157 replies

cjfish

Re: Cam Mack - PG - Salt Lake City CC - ST. JOHN'S (signed)
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »
based on what Ive seen so far Heron is not going anywhere

Marillac

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2019, 11:04:50 AM »
based on what Ive seen so far Heron is not going anywhere

Agreed. We also need another PG recruit. We simply cannot go into next season with just Mack and he DePaul game shows us why.

QuanMan

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »
He's having a terrific year, #2 in the latest JUCO ranks, check out his monster stat line this season:

http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19/div1/players/cameronmack7sni

It'll be very interesting to see the identity of our offense w him at the helm next year.

Once again- our biggest 19'-20' recruit is retaining Justin.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:58:34 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2019, 01:06:38 PM »
I think (and hope) we will add another PG.  Some interesting names I'd like to see:

Jaylen Fisher TCU - #59 RSCI recruit who may be an immediate eligible grad transfer and will have two years of eligibility.  Great defender and shooter.  Some injury concerns.

AJ Harris - #93 RSCI who transferred from Ohio State to New Mexico St. after averaging 14 minutes.  NMSU is 25-4 and he was teammates with LJ Figueroa.  Averaging 10 and 3.4.  Good defender.

Either of these kids could really put us over the top next year with a Heron return or PA signing.

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2019, 09:36:20 PM »
Fish is my guy. I'd love him here but I could see him going closer to home.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2019, 11:18:35 PM »
Only need a one year rental pg at most as Cam has 3 years of eligibilty and don't want to scare off Curbello or another HS pg. JMO

« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »
Only need a one year rental pg at most as Cam has 3 years of eligibilty and don't want to scare off Curbello or another HS pg. JMO

Cam on his Instagram talks about how he is doing one season here and going pro

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2019, 12:13:40 PM »
I know of a D1 player who thought he was one and done and is now a senior and he still stinks. Just sayin.

Marillac

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »

His mom will surely be his agent too so he doesn’t have a shot in hell of getting a look from the NBA or any top international league.

Nurideen2

« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
His mom will surely be his agent too so he doesn’t have a shot in hell of getting a look from the NBA or any top international league.

Nurideen2

Really confused why you want to hate on this so much. Let’s wait for it to become an issue first.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »
Really confused why you want to hate on this so much. Let’s wait for it to become an issue first.

According to his mom he loves naysayers and haters, so he should thank me.

Perhaps I can get a shoutout when she gives her first interview with Braziller.

SJUFAN

« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2019, 07:55:53 PM »
According to his mom he loves naysayers and haters, so he should thank me.

Perhaps I can get a shoutout when she gives her first interview with Braziller.

Nothing wrong with the kid setting goals. If he’s good enough god speed, if not, hope he has the sense to make the right decision.

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
Always a fan of your posts Marillac but come on man, why on this?

Nurideen2

Marillac

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2019, 07:51:22 PM »
Nothing wrong with the kid setting goals. If he’s good enough god speed, if not, hope he has the sense to make the right decision.

Do you think it's wise to basically tell your future coaching staff to recruit over you?  Do you think it's wise for a kid that hasn't stayed in one place for more than a year since he was in 9th grade to announce his intention to leave his next (FOURTH college) school after a year months before he even sets foot on campus?

This kind of thinking is so toxic to a program.  We have kids "going pro" early to play in Serbia and EURO minor leagues.  Lovett's dad had him sit out to rest and now he's playing in Serbia with no resume--and he was exponentially more talented than Mack. Good programs don't deal with this crap year in and year out.  Boothe and Paschall are 5th year seniors with the Albany transfer at Nova. The benefit of having 3* kids is supposed to be keeping them 3-4 years if they are good enough...not worrying about them going to Ajberbajan to play for $45,000.  Nigel Williams-Goss is was a second round pick and he's paying for 100k in Serbia (before Euro taxes and agent + middlemen fees).

Marillac

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2019, 07:58:48 PM »
Always a fan of your posts Marillac but come on man, why on this?

I think this is a huge mistake and will turn into a disaster.  If he is our only PG next year I won't even watch.  If they can't add AJ Harris, Jaylen Fisher, or another proven grad-transfer I'm out.  It's just not worth the grief and shows the staff will never learn.

JUCO ball sucks now.  Everyone qualifies out of high school unless they have some serious, deep-rooted learning problem or they went to a shady school. It's not like the old days when there was quality up and down the JUCO ranks.  On top of that, post-grad basketball schools have taken up the market.  I have two friends that coach post-grad teams that play JUCOs as well as the IMG's and Oak Hills of the country. Kids go there to play the same comp as JUCOs while retaining four years of eligibility.

Figgy was lightning in a bottle because he transferred out of a 28-win NCAA tournament team after his staff left and he was blocked from following them. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2019, 09:14:56 PM »
Do you think it's wise to basically tell your future coaching staff to recruit over you? 

This kind of thinking is so toxic to a program. Good programs don't deal with this crap.

If they’re not already trying to bring in better talent than him regardless of what the kid says then the staff is not doing their job.

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2019, 01:26:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-Ln9gGptQ&feature=youtu.be

This kid is going to be so nasty. Looks like an excellent distributor too, if Heron decides to stay around, he and LJ can pick up the scoring difference between Ponds and Mack. Our bigs will get easy dunks with this kid driving.

Our 2019/2020 prospects rely on Mack arriving on campus and Heron sticking around.

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »
Looks like an explosive athlete and good speed. Excited to see what he can do.

SJUFAN

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2019, 05:43:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im-Ln9gGptQ&feature=youtu.be

This kid is going to be so nasty. Looks like an excellent distributor too, if Heron decides to stay around, he and LJ can pick up the scoring difference between Ponds and Mack. Our bigs will get easy dunks with this kid driving.

Our 2019/2020 prospects rely on Mack arriving on campus and Heron sticking around.

So you believe Mack will have a greater impact on the team than Ponds?