Kareem Welch- Jeff-BK

• 8 replies

QuanMan

Kareem Welch- Jeff-BK
« on: December 09, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »
Fresh off dropping a 50 piece Wednesday night, Kareem Welch dropped a cool 64!!! on  Robeson today. I see him watching Sham in Queens with Bud Pollard and Carlos all the time, is it time to offer? He's averaging 50+ppg at the moment...
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Kareem Welch- Jeff-BK
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 06:23:12 AM »
I think he's in the 2019 class but there is talk of him doing a post grad year. I can't even find a video of him. Anybody have a scouting report?

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 10:20:15 AM »
Fresh off dropping a 50 piece Wednesday night, Kareem Welch dropped a cool 64!!! on  Robeson today. I see him watching Sham in Queens with Bud Pollard and Carlos all the time, is it time to offer? He's averaging 50+ppg at the moment...

I like him better than Carlos. He's very young physically...looks like a child so there is the potential for him become an animal once he catches up in prep school. I'd lock him up and redshirt him if he keeps this up and qualifies.

redslope

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »
Pretty impressive stuff.  Anyone know who is recruiting him.

Foad

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 02:09:52 PM »
Anyone know who is recruiting him.

Slice.

QuanMan

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:55:39 PM »
Bud's kids are balling:

Thomas Jefferson - 93

Lincoln - 76

Top Performers Jefferson:

Kareem Welch - 27pts, 11rbs, 5ast

Jaquan Carlos - 21pts, 3treys. 7ast

Read a review of Welch below from yesterday:

Rich Kosik
I was @ the Jefferson vs Lincoln game yesterday to check out Kereem Welch after reading about his 50 pt per game average. Well he didn't hit that mark, but Div. I college coaches should be on the phone ASAP to coach Lawrence Pollard & set up a visit to a game. Hopefully young Mr. Welch is on track to qualify academically with a solid CORE & SAT score. If so, he should have his pick of some quality schools. His skill set is excellent, VERY quick, superior court vision, unselfish, smart, excellent passer & a good shooter. I was most impressed that he didn't force anything. I was kind of expecting that a player averaging 50 pts. would be a bit of what us "old school" guys called a "chucker". There was NO evidence of him having that selfish streak, he consistently shared the ball, as his 5 assist mentioned above will tell you.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »
Kareem is another lefty who can light it up. Never played travel basketball so he's extremely under the radar.

He's an older senior 18 already and don't think he'll prep. Last I spoke with him which was November he said he thought he was gonna go to UNLV but imo he seemed kind of confused about the process.

I could see Seton Hall getting on him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

QuanMan

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 03:27:20 PM »
Still mysteriously unsigned:

This season was one for the ages, as a he averaged 36.2 points and 9.3 rebounds per game and helped lead Jefferson to a 23-8 record and a berth in the PSAL championship game at Madison Square Garden, where they would lose a very close game, 71-70, to borough rivals, South Shore.

https://davesjoint.net/2019/06/25/kareem-welch-jeffersons-hidden-gem/
Section 3
Section 116