Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - KANSAS STATE

• 378 replies
Re: Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - KANSAS STATE
« Reply #360 on: May 29, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
How will Kansas State replace Angel Rodriguez at PG? Freshman Jevon Thomas. Think former Seton Hall PG Eugene Harvey with a better jumper.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/339152061885210624

TONYD3

« Reply #361 on: May 29, 2013, 11:24:27 PM »
We could use a player like Thomas or a pg not as good. Instead we have Sanchez French friend who isn't any good, or Jakarr's friend who couldn't play at havard, or obekba's friend.

« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
You wouldn't want Thomas. He's poison in the well
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2013, 12:50:36 AM »
We could use a player like Thomas or a pg not as good. Instead we have Sanchez French friend who isn't any good, or Jakarr's friend who couldn't play at havard, or obekba's friend.

Why is that?  We have not only Rysheed Jordan but also Jamal Branch and Phil Greene for the PG spot.  We really have no need for him. 

TONYD3

« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
We could have used a back up pg last year

« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
We could have used a back up pg last year

SJU doesn't need him or want him.  For the record he did not qualify last year which is why he he failed to go to Dayton and ended up at prep school.

How could SJU have used him if he wouldn't have ever made it to campus anyway?

TONYD3

« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
All I am saying we could have used a pg. We have to many sidekicks and nit enough players.

gman

« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »
All I am saying we could have used a pg. We have to many sidekicks and nit enough players.

Yeah but marillacs point is he didn't qualify last year so he couldn't have been here. This year we have two top 60 pgs on the roster

MCNPA

« Reply #368 on: June 02, 2013, 01:40:25 AM »

Yeah but marillacs point is he didn't qualify last year so he couldn't have been here. This year we have two top 60 pgs on the roster

I am very happy entering this season with Jordan, Branch and Greene at PG.  most teams have nothing close to that talent and depth.  Branch was looking quite good before his injury.  The kid had to sit til after first semester, then jump into the lineup.  We played our best games of the season with Branch at Pg until his unfortunate knee injury.  He will be a junior, but the kid literally had barely one semester of solid ball where he was healthy and in the groove.  He showed some flashes of excellence as well.  Phil is a solid player, also playing injured.  Add a top 20 kid in Rysheed who is absolutely fantastic and we have zero need at all for Jevon Thomas.

desco80

« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »

I am very happy entering this season with Jordan, Branch and Greene at PG.  most teams have nothing close to that talent and depth.  Branch was looking quite good before his injury.  The kid had to sit til after first semester, then jump into the lineup.  We played our best games of the season with Branch at Pg until his unfortunate knee injury.  He will be a junior, but the kid literally had barely one semester of solid ball where he was healthy and in the groove.  He showed some flashes of excellence as well.  Phil is a solid player, also playing injured.  Add a top 20 kid in Rysheed who is absolutely fantastic and we have zero need at all for Jevon Thomas.

Add to that the inexplicable timing of Branch's eye surgery right after he became eligible (and didn't he then get poked in practice?)   and I would definitely agree that we haven't seen his best basketball yet.   I thought he looked tremendous in the Marquette game.   

pmg911

« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »
Add a top 20 kid in Rysheed who is absolutely fantastic and we have zero need at all for Jevon Thomas.

I agree but if Thomas has his head on straight (HUGE if), he is a very good player.

« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2013, 10:08:49 AM »
Add a top 20 kid in Rysheed who is absolutely fantastic and we have zero need at all for Jevon Thomas.

I agree but if Thomas has his head on straight (HUGE if), he is a very good player.

So are a lot of kids including Pelle.  Don't understand your point.

You openly criticize the staff for recruiting kids with questionable academics and attitude yet when they drop that type of kid and recruit and land an even better one you defend the kid they dropped as if they should've still pursued him because if he had his head on straight he is good?  Huh?

pmg911

« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2013, 01:08:47 PM »

So are a lot of kids including Pelle.  Don't understand your point.

You openly criticize the staff for recruiting kids with questionable academics and attitude yet when they drop that type of kid and recruit and land an even better one you defend the kid they dropped as if they should've still pursued him because if he had his head on straight he is good?  Huh?

Now in the past you have accused me of following you around this board but you are clearly doing it with me now.

I made a simple statement - if Thomas has his head on straight, he is a very good player. You decided to take a simple statement and try to twist it to you liking. I didn't mention the staff or that the staff should have pursued him.

Again - have a nice day

jr49

« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2013, 02:21:01 PM »
Tony, we adding 4 players to last years team, minus Amir who wouldn't be moving on if we were short players. I think this team is loaded, but maybe you right.

paultzman

« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »
Always something with this kid;

“@GoodmanESPN: Jevon Thomas is slated to replace Angel Rodriguez at Kansas State. Thomas won't be eligible until Dec. 21 -- http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9758541/jevon-thomas-kansas-state-wildcats-sit-dec-21

paultzman

« Reply #375 on: February 11, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
Hasn't played in past several games, but still on roster. Saw chatter that he had a blow up with the Coach at practice. Another lost opportunity in the making?

hnk

« Reply #376 on: February 11, 2014, 01:56:15 PM »
Thanks.....that's been his problem forever....too bad

« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »
Unrelated -

But Omari looked noticeably trimmer/quicker in last nights KSU win.

pmg911

« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2014, 07:30:51 AM »
Hasn't played in past several games, but still on roster. Saw chatter that he had a blow up with the Coach at practice. Another lost opportunity in the making?

His high school coach just flew out top KSU to sit down with him and the coach..   such wasted ability.