Isaiah Lewis - PG - Christ the King - Queens, NY

• 93 replies

gonzalo

Isaiah Lewis - PG - Christ the King - Queens, NY
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:10:46 PM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1012/class-of-2013-intro-isaiah-lewis/

One of the names in the Class of 2013 getting a lot of attention is Christ the King HS point guard Isaiah Lewis. After a strong summer period on the AAU circuit with Jim Hart’s City Rocks program out of Albany (NY), Lewis has seen his recruitment take a dramatic upswing. The current sophomore has embarked on several unofficial visits and has more planned in the coming weeks, including a likely stop at a Big East school this Friday for Midnight Madness festivities.

“Yes, I’m going to Villanova Midnight Madness or St. John’s Midnight Madness,” Lewis told NBE on Sunday night. “I haven’t made my mind [up] yet, but I will be at one of those Friday. Most likely ‘Nova though.”

The 6-foot-3, 160 pound point guard has already made unofficial visits to both Big East programs previously as part of his college campus tour in recent months.

“I’ve made unofficials to Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Villanova and St. John’s,” said Lewis on Friday.

Lewis also hopes to find his way to Arizona, UCLA, Miami, Florida and North Carolina this year for unofficial visits as he continues his aggressive visit schedule.

“The highlights of all the visits I’ve been to so far was that all four programs show strong intrest in me as a sophomore are all great programs that produce NBA players,” said Lewis of his previous four visits to the BiG East programs mentioned above.

All in all, the list of schools Lewis is hearing from is quite impressive as he mentioned to NBE that Kentucky, North Carolina, Miami, Connecticut, Villanova, St. John’s, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Arizona, Oklahoma State, Florda, UCLA, USC, South Florida, Seton Hall, South Carolina, Pittsburgh and Texas are recruiting him with several offers already being extended.

“Schools that offerd are Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Oregon State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State [and] Baylor,” said Lewis.

While he has no favorites at this time, Lewis is putting in the work at improving his game, getting stronger and rounding out his skills as a lead guard.

“Goals for this season for me is to become more vocal and to keep working on my point guard skills,” said Lewis. “My strengths right now are being able to score anywhere on the court and also in the open court. I spend alot of time getting bigger, I’m still growing so I don’t know how tall I’m going to be so I’m just trying to get bigger and stronger for college.”

Already seeing a tremendous amount of college interest from top programs, Isaiah Lewis is a player for fans to know in the Class of 2013. Coming from the legendary Christ the King HS program in New York City and running with the City Rocks AAU program, there will be plenty of chances to follow his high school career and you can be certain plenty of college coaches will be there watching as well.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:45:37 AM by gonzalo »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Isaiah Lewis - G - Christ the King - Queens, NY
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »
No one ever says "I want to play in a slowdown, precision system."

Re: Isaiah Lewis - PG - Christ the King - Queens, NY
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
All over his twitter page

I'm going to sj johns midnight madness instead of villanova tomorrow. Sorry for the confuseing people!!

Headed to sj johns for midnight madness!!!!! Legooo I'm hyped!!

Can't wait to later sj johns gonna b poppin...

Yooooo its crazyyy n here... I'm lovein the johnnyjungle rightnowww ... Sj johnss legoo

Wow sj johns is crazy rightnow....

Appreciate the love the fans was showing me. 

Yoo I aint gonna lie sj johns is gonna be in my top 20 #forreal it was crazy n the johnnyjungle

It was a great experience for me @ SJU I enjoyed it a lot!!

Moose

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 02:20:14 PM »

I'm going to sj johns midnight madness instead of villanova tomorrow. Sorry for the confuseing people!!

Yooooo its crazyyy n here... I'm lovein the johnnyjungle rightnowww ... Sj johnss legoo

Yoo I aint gonna lie sj johns is gonna be in my top 20 #forreal it was crazy n the johnnyjungle

His top 20?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 02:59:26 PM »
Johnny Jungle getting through to the youth. Love it!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »

His top 20?

LOL I'm going to hope he meant top 2 :)  Top 20 is just absurd.

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 12:01:33 AM »
He's young, so I have no doubt that he'll list 20 schools, and then make a huge production every time he whittles it by five.

If he's good enough to play here and the staff makes the offer, I would advise him to commit shortly thereafter, because if he F's around, this staff will be able to go anywhere in the country to find someone to take his slot.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 11:15:53 AM »
From his Twitter Sunday 10/17- http://bit.ly/dqLeP5

Arizona,gtown ,unc,kansas,flordia,miami,g tech,texas,pitt,kentucky and memphis is the maine schools I'm likeing rightnow

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
He's young, so I have no doubt that he'll list 20 schools, and then make a huge production every time he whittles it by five.

If he's good enough to play here and the staff makes the offer, I would advise him to commit shortly thereafter, because if he F's around, this staff will be able to go anywhere in the country to find someone to take his slot.

Same can be said for the recent signees. Whoever doesnt live up to expectations, will be looking for a new uni

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/11898719058272256[/tweet]

Villanova coach Chris Walker & St. John's coach Tony Chiles were in to watch Christ the King (NY) stars Isaiah Lewis '13 & Chance Ellis '14.
2 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 01:00:29 PM »
tweet deleted looks like someone got pissed at the prodigy tweeter for blowing up their evaluations.

I hear that Lewis might be the best self promoter in the class of 2013. He's getting more looks than he should.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »
tweet deleted looks like someone got pissed at the prodigy tweeter for blowing up their evaluations.

I hear that Lewis might be the best self promoter in the class of 2013. He's getting more looks than he should.

;)

gonzalo

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 02:31:38 AM »
St. John's, Seton Hall, Florida & Florida State have all recently offered 2013 guard Isaiah Lewis of Christ the King (NY).

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/30380212952768512

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »
St. John's, Seton Hall, Florida & Florida State have all recently offered 2013 guard Isaiah Lewis of Christ the King (NY).

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/30380212952768512

LOL False

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
“Yes, UConn offered today [Monday],” Lewis said by text, confirming Alex Kline’s initial report.

“I also have offers from Arizona, Oregon State, Georgia Tech, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Florida State and Florida.”

The 6-3, 175-pound Lewis said he plans on visiting Arizona, UConn, North Carolina and Kentucky “before the AAU season.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/02/07/calhoun-picks-up-uconn-offer/#more-46691
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 09:24:01 PM »
I saw him play on ESPNU and he looked okay to me for a sophomore anyway.  Not very athletic but effective at scoring from 10 feet in with runners.  Didn't get to see him shoot from the outside.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/43786532661891072[/tweet]

2013 guard Isaiah Lewis of Christ the King (NY) has narrowed his list down to Kentucky, UConn, Arizona & Florida.
16 minutes ago

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »

2013 guard Isaiah Lewis of Christ the King (NY) has narrowed his list down to Kentucky, UConn, Arizona & Florida.
16 minutes ago

Really? Is he really at that level that they'll take a commit from him this early?

Moose

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »
He went from 20 to 4.  Why do I think he is going to be back at 18 in a month.