Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 1472 replies
Re: Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL
« Reply #1280 on: September 19, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »
Only one real way to turn the tide...win!

« Reply #1281 on: September 19, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »
Sounds like a nice young man giving props to his Mom.  Good luck to him!

Not sure why everyone gets so pissed if someone chooses a different school

I have no ill will towards him.  The way Hall did it skeeves me a bit.  Wish he just chose Hall and the Tiny stuff didn't appear until after the year was over. 

Why does it sleeve you, Lavin tried to do the same thing with Mo Hicks but that yielded no recruits.  The Hall was smart in this one.  The thing that should skeeve  everyone is Lavin, in head to head recruiting with three different prospects, with a program that suppodily presents a higher image nationally, lost out all three times.  After all, we are not talking about Kentucky or Duke here, it's Seton Hall.

With that being said, I hope Lavin continues to recruit nationally.  There are always too many issues and handlers with these local kids, Mo being the exception .  Let's hope the magic is not gone.

Yikes...

Moose

« Reply #1282 on: September 19, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »

I have no ill will towards him.  The way Hall did it skeeves me a bit.  Wish he just chose Hall and the Tiny stuff didn't appear until after the year was over. 

Why does it sleeve you, Lavin tried to do the same thing with Mo Hicks but that yielded no recruits.  The Hall was smart in this one.  The thing that should skeeve  everyone is Lavin, in head to head recruiting with three different prospects, with a program that suppodily presents a higher image nationally, lost out all three times.  After all, we are not talking about Kentucky or Duke here, it's Seton Hall.

With that being said, I hope Lavin continues to recruit nationally.  There are always too many issues and handlers with these local kids, Mo being the exception .  Let's hope the magic is not gone.

Hi Linda.
Hope your summer was good :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1283 on: September 19, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

Why does it sleeve you, Lavin tried to do the same thing with Mo Hicks but that yielded no recruits.

The difference is Hicks wasnt hired to bring in a specific recruit

As much as this pisses me off I have no problem admitting if Norm was our coach I'd be pleading for him to do the same thing

kob24

Re: Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1284 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:32 PM »
If it means anything to you guys. It was St. John's until seton hall went all out. Lav did his job it's just seton hall said f that we going all out

« Reply #1285 on: September 19, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »
We shouldn't be losing recruits to the likes of Rutgers and Seton Hall...I love what Lavin has done, but maybe instead of posting a million instagram photos of soho, he should get out and get after these recruits....

I said I would eat crow if IW came here, but it seems as if my old statement stands....

Willard and Cooley are eating our lunch!

« Reply #1286 on: September 19, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »
Wow

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Tiny Morton said he spoke to Steve Lavin today and asked him whey they didn't a spot for him at #stjbb

Moose

« Reply #1287 on: September 19, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »
If it means anything to you guys. It was St. John's until seton hall went all out. Lav did his job it's just seton hall said f that we going all out

They should.  Willard's job is probably on the line.  Still want to see who is gone after the year there.  Jettison the former Hall guy in Halloway? or Hill or Antigua after just 1 year?

Moose

« Reply #1288 on: September 19, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »

Why does it sleeve you, Lavin tried to do the same thing with Mo Hicks but that yielded no recruits.

The difference is Hicks wasnt hired to bring in a specific recruit

As much as this pisses me off I have no problem admitting if Norm was our coach I'd be pleading for him to do the same thing

Lets also remember Rice was on the verge of closing in front of Mo's eyes.   We took Hicks knowing he would be a Dobo and for 2 years we wouldn't be able to touch Rice or Gauchos. 

Sorry Linda but that is not the same as this scenario.

« Reply #1289 on: September 19, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
Isaiah on if he would like to see SHU hire Tiny: "Definitely, that would make me even more comfortable."

« Reply #1290 on: September 19, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »
Seton Hall obviously acted sleazy here. Personally I have no problem with sleazy, but I understand the ire. With that being said I do think I am missing something. Some of you are acting like SH is on a different plane from SJU. My question is have you people not been watching for last 10 years??

The last 10 years Seton Hall 166-146
2 NCAA's 1 NIT

SJU-133-167
1 NCAA 1 NIT

Kid picking the Hall over us regardless of the circumstances should not be shocking. Again unless I am missing something

« Reply #1291 on: September 19, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »

They should.  Willard's job is probably on the line.  Still want to see who is gone after the year there.  Jettison the former Hall guy in Halloway? or Hill or Antigua after just 1 year?

Hard to be pissed at The Hall.  It sucks to get played by Tiny, but that's what happened.  Prob should have said no to them last week but...  Hard to have all the answers if you don't know the questions. 

We are ok. Have to find a way to win on 12/15 and ride that wave into March

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:43:01 PM by MaineQB »

Moose

« Reply #1292 on: September 19, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
Seton Hall obviously acted sleazy here. Personally I have no problem with sleazy, but I understand the ire. With that being said I do think I am missing something. Some of you are acting like SH is on a different plane from SJU. My question is have you people not been watching for last 10 years??

The last 10 years Seton Hall 166-146
2 NCAA's 1 NIT

SJU-133-167
1 NCAA 1 NIT

Kid picking the Hall over us regardless of the circumstances should not be shocking. Again unless I am missing something

Dont disagree with the point you are trying to make but aren't we both on our 3rd coach in that time frame.  Lining up WIllard and Lavin head to head would be more appropriate to me.

« Reply #1293 on: September 19, 2013, 03:43:30 PM »
Only one real way to turn the tide...win!

Turn what tide...

QuanMan

« Reply #1294 on: September 19, 2013, 03:43:37 PM »
November can't get here soon enough. We're on the verge of a monster season. I'll be making the trip out to Newark this winter.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #1295 on: September 19, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
Moose I agree with you in theory. Unfortunately with one year thrown out due to circumstances beyond his control, Lavin tenure has been way more sizzle than steak at this point. This is a huge year for him. If we don't make tourney this season than I would classify hire as a big letdown.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:53:14 PM by we are sju »

gman

« Reply #1296 on: September 19, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »
I love how the seton hall boarding is glossing over the news about tiny and his son. Oh well good luck to the kid. I feel bad some slime made the decision for him and I look forward to sju crushing the hall.

boo3

« Reply #1297 on: September 19, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »
 Tiny tried to get a job here and asked Lavin why he didn't have a spot for him.. Tells you all you need to know about how and why this played out the way it did..

I'm glad Lavin didn't give into that dude. 

pmg911

« Reply #1298 on: September 19, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
I was overly perplexed as to how Acquille Carr mysteriously committed last year, we saw how that unfolded, it didn't go unnoticed. Let's just say this has the same odor.

I just don't get why Lavs got involved and exposed himself at the last minute. We thought 2014 was desperate a couple of weeks ago, it looks even glummer now that the staff showed their hand.

But with all of that being said, we have a top 25 team this year and are going to be contending deep into March.

Out of everyone, I felt really bad for people like Phil and D'Angelo in the past couple of days. Let's hope they use this as fuel.

Seton Hall needed this kid, we didn't. Let's now focus on the season.

#1 - Aquille Carr committed to SHU verbally with out telling the staff that he was going to do it. The entire time he was committed to SHU, the staff was not permitted to comment on him or his status. There is/wasno odor to that commitment. SHU knew from the day he verballed he would never see campus

#2. - St. John's (and every other program in America) always needs Top 20 players

« Reply #1299 on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »
Quote-I love how the seton hall boarding is glossing over the news about tiny and his son. Oh well good luck to the kid. I feel bad some slime made the decision for him and I look forward to sju crushing the hall.GMAN

Hey we gave Terrance Mullin a scholarship AFTER Chris already graduated :)