Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR

• 263 replies
Don't see him listed in the 2013 recruit page.  I have noticed in several articles SJU is mentioned as a possible suitor.  Perhaps we should add him Dave:

"It's been crazy so far," he said. "The new coaches at Missouri, Coach (Frank) Haith and Coach (Isaac) Chew, they've been up to the school to recruit me. They offered me right on the spot."

According to Wainwright, other schools in the picture right now include Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, St. John's, Texas and UCLA.

http://kansas.scout.com/2/1069248.html

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:08:27 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Ishmail Wainwright 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:26:54 PM »
yes I do have to update some recruiting pages. I have my last tournament next weekend and I can exhale somewhat for a week or two. I've pretty much had an AAU tourney every weekend besides Easter which I spent with my family.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »
Committed to Frank Haith and Missouri. Great pick up.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
Just a gut feeling but this recruitment will open up down the road.  Not saying for us, even though he did have positive things to say about us, but I just think its pretty early for him especially to a new coach.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - MISSOURI
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »
Just a gut feeling but this recruitment will open up down the road.  Not saying for us, even though he did have positive things to say about us, but I just think its pretty early for him especially to a new coach.

Totally had the same feeling moose. Nothin about the kid, just the situation at mizzo
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

gonzalo

Moose

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:44:57 AM by jumpinjohnny »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
Wainright indicated that Missouri is still high on his list and that the coaches "did nothing wrong". Wainright had signifcant interest from Arkansas, Baylor, St. John's, and Kansas before making his commitment to Missouri.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=2&cid=1082080&nid=4763142&fhn=1

MCNPA

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
IMO, I don't think he's a must-have.  Saw some of his games on net.  He's a decent athlete, but at 6'5" is a little bit too much of a below the rim type guy.  Weird jumper at times.  The positives though, are that he's a real good passer and savy player overall.  I think there are others that might fit our ultra athletic style a little bit better overall. Reminds me a bit of former Temple player Mark Karcher.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:40:15 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:03 AM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....  Wainright was listed as one of the "standout players" at the Under Armour Summer Jam.  He's also still listing the Johnnies.

Ishmail Wainright (Raytown, Mo./Raytown South)
2013, SF, 6-5, 220 pounds
The strong and physical small forward is not only a power driver who scores through contact, he also slashes in between defenders and he welcomes physicality. Wainright has a nice floater where he displays good touch and body control and is a highlight power dunker on the break and on all clear paths to the rim. He overpowers perimeter defenders in the post as well. Wainright attacks the offensive glass and if not boxed out aggressively he is a tip-in or tip-dunk threat. The Missouri decommit has a college-ready body right now, but will need to make his jumper from behind the arc more consistent in order to add another weapon. Kentucky, UCLA, West Virginia, St. John's, Baylor, Kansas, Memphis, Utah, Texas, Texas Tech, UMKC and Missouri are in the mix.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/6780468/ny2la-armour-summer-jam-recap

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....  Wainright was listed as one of the "standout players" at the Under Armour Summer Jam.  He's also still listing the Johnnies.

Ishmail Wainright (Raytown, Mo./Raytown South)
2013, SF, 6-5, 220 pounds
The strong and physical small forward is not only a power driver who scores through contact, he also slashes in between defenders and he welcomes physicality. Wainright has a nice floater where he displays good touch and body control and is a highlight power dunker on the break and on all clear paths to the rim. He overpowers perimeter defenders in the post as well. Wainright attacks the offensive glass and if not boxed out aggressively he is a tip-in or tip-dunk threat. The Missouri decommit has a college-ready body right now, but will need to make his jumper from behind the arc more consistent in order to add another weapon. Kentucky, UCLA, West Virginia, St. John's, Baylor, Kansas, Memphis, Utah, Texas, Texas Tech, UMKC and Missouri are in the mix.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/6780468/ny2la-armour-summer-jam-recap

I don't think we need this kid.  We have Pointer, Garrett, and Harkless already.  He sounds like Pointer with one less year of experience.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 05:49:04 PM »
Oops...I thought he was for 2012.  He'd be a good pickup for 2013.

NYCoffey

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
Ishmail Wainright–6-5 Guard/Forward–KC 76ers: Despite being a member of the 2013 class, Wainright had the most pro-ready body out of the entire event. Wainwirght can definitely be described as a ‘power’ wing who will beat defenders into the ground with his physicality and athleticism. Skill wise he is pretty solid but will look to improve his ball-handling and 3pt range going forward.

Wainright gave a school list of Kentucky, Baylor, Missouri, Memphis, Kansas, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, UCLA, Texas, Texas Tech and St. John’s.

Wainright had previously committed to Missouri before opening things back up at the end of June.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0721/ua-summer-jam-presented-by-ny2la-sports-top-performers/

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
Per Rivals....

Ishmail Wainright- This 2013 inside/outside threat nearly led his KC 76'ers team to an upset win over The Playaz. He was a clutch scorer down the stretch, getting buckets by posting in the midrange and also coming off screens behind the arc.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1243323

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »
Looks like he wants to visit SJU in August.  Sounds like we maybe on this kid's short list:

* Ishmail Wainright has offers from Texas, Missouri, West Virginia, UCLA, St. John’s and Virginia Tech. He hopes to visit Kentucky and St. John’s in August.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1089356.html

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »
Looks like he wants to visit SJU in August.  Sounds like we maybe on this kid's short list:

* Ishmail Wainright has offers from Texas, Missouri, West Virginia, UCLA, St. John’s and Virginia Tech. He hopes to visit Kentucky and St. John’s in August.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1089356.html

Sounds good, fordham!  There is also a premium article on Wainright and his AAU team (KC 76ers) on Rivals.  Seems like he's been playing some serious ball over the past couple of weeks. 

TheVig

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:34:32 AM »
To summarize the Rivals article, it sounds like Wainwright is a multi talented wing who loves to play D. Sounds like he did a great job shutting down Jabari Parker in the championship game. The biggest thing mentioned in the article is that Earl Watson was sitting courtside and is an alum of the KC 76ers. Seeing as how Earl will be working out at St. John's this summer and obviously likes Lavin, this was very exciting to hear.

MCNPA

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
Sounds good to me if he's going to visit this summer.  Another top 60 kid.  Simply amazing.