Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

MCNPA

" Jordan, PG- When we previewed the Breakout Challenge, one of the questions we had was just how good is the rising junior point guard from Philadelphia. Standing near 6-foot-4, Jordan is easily a high major prospect and likely and perhaps the best long term prospect in attendance. Blessed with size, speed and athleticism, Jordan also has an outstanding feel for the game and is a creative playmaker off of the dribble. Even Wall was asking media about #59 and his current list of Pitt, Arizona, St. Joseph's, Drexel, LaSalle, Temple, Georgetown and St. John's is likely going to get more crowded with big names."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1237878
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:15:10 AM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
Another big point guard. 

Moose

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »
Lets start the height debate.  6'4 in the writeup and 6'2 on the Rivals database.

Someone pull out the tape measure ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 09:02:24 AM »
Lets start the height debate.  6'4 in the writeup and 6'2 on the Rivals database.

Someone pull out the tape measure ;)

It's no debate.  6'3" now, 6'5" senior season... ;)

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »
Rysheed Jordan, PG – Although he didn’t necessarily have an outstanding day, Jordan, a 6-foot-4 lead guard, was the talk of the camp. A great looking prospect, Jordan has great size for the point guard position, he sees the floor quite well and is a tremendous passer. There are still areas for improvement, as he’ll need to get more consistent with his jump shot, but he’s a talent and arguably one of the top lead guards in the 2013 class.

Rysheed Jordan said Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Josephs, Drexel, LaSalle, Temple, Georgetown and St. John’s have shown interest.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1084871.html

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
And to round it out Zags does an interview with him as well.  See attached link.  Lists SJU and says he plans on visiting SJU and Georgetown this summer.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/07/rysheed-jordan-talks-recruiting/

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »
And to round it out Zags does an interview with him as well.  See attached link.  Lists SJU and says he plans on visiting SJU and Georgetown this summer.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/07/rysheed-jordan-talks-recruiting/

I was just about to post this, fordham.  Sounds good!  Color me confident, but I feel if we truly want him then we can get him.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....

Eye on underclassmen

Rysheed Jordan (Philadelphia/ Vaux Roberts)
2013, PG, 6-3, 175 pounds
The embodiment of the word prospect, Jordan is nearly 6-4 and owns exciting physical attributes. His length is going to make him a sticky ball hawk. As an attacker, he scores big points and his handle is confident and tight. If he can mix in a reliable jump shot, he'll be a shoe-in high-major recruit and first-tier priority.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6745698
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:04:39 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 04:07:35 PM »
Looks like Chiles with his years of coaching in Philly at Drexel is paying off.  First it was Nuri and now possibly Rysheed.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »
Looks like Chiles with his years of coaching in Philly at Drexel is paying off.  First it was Nuri and now possibly Rysheed.

No its because of Sean Evans :)  (Calling Bobre)

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »

No its because of Sean Evans :)  (Calling Bobre)

LOL  Your call might get him to answer.   Then again, he might be tired of the incessant internet links or analyses of players no one has seen.   ;)   I guess there is no one on here who has never had any inside info.   ::)     

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:28 AM »
From Rivals.com.  Sounds like this kid is blowin' up:

Rysheed Jordan, PG- The general consensus at camp is that Jordan appears to be the top prospect in attendance and it's hard to argue with that. At nearly 6-foot-4, he's got great size for the position, is a high level athlete and gets wherever he needs to go with the ball. It looked almost too easy for him at times and his floor vision is as good as anybody in the country. His next event will be the NY2LA event in Milwaukee with Philly based PTP and we expect him to start attracting college basketball's heavy hitters.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1238273

Moose

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 08:57:50 AM »

Rysheed Jordan, PG- The general consensus at camp is that Jordan appears to be the top prospect in attendance and it's hard to argue with that. At nearly 6-foot-4, he's got great size for the position, is a high level athlete and gets wherever he needs to go with the ball. It looked almost too easy for him at times and his floor vision is as good as anybody in the country. His next event will be the NY2LA event in Milwaukee with Philly based PTP and we expect him to start attracting college basketball's heavy hitters.

Kinda like how Pointer blew up last year.  Just a year earlier in Rysheed's case.

MCNPA

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »

Kinda like how Pointer blew up last year.  Just a year earlier in Rysheed's case.

You can bet Lavin will be onmthis kid with his size.  A lot depends though on what Kyle Anderson does as well as Nuri.  There would be a logjam at the point if Nuri doesn't advance to his goals of the NBA and we happen to land KA. 

Poison

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 09:24:23 AM »
I think Stith will play this year, and then transfer out to the MAAC.
That will create room.

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 10:35:10 AM »
That will create room.
Stith  graduates 3 months before Jordan enrolls anywhere.
Stith has no effect whatsoever.
Nuri will be a senior (If here) when Jordan is a frosh-
Whether Green or DH can handle point would impact him most.

Molloy '71

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 10:53:21 AM »
Rysheed Jordan (Robert Vaux HS/Players Teaching Players)

There was a lot of hype centering Jordan entering the camp and many scouts, reporters and college coaches were anxious to get a look at him. He did not disappoint as the 6-foot-3, Class of 2013 point guard has all the look of a sure fire high major recruit. He has definitely noticed the increased attention of late.

“I think I’m blowing up,” said Jordan of the recent influx of recruiting attention. “I’m easing my way up.”

Drexel, La Salle, Temple, St. Joseph’s, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, St. John’s, Arizona and Georgetown were mentioned by Jordan on Thursday and he noted “a lot of other schools” are just getting involved now too.

Jordan also mentioned he is supposed to visit St. John’s and Georgetown before the summer is out.

Jordan responded “yes,” when asked by NBE if it was his goal to play at a high major conference. He is well on his way to accomplishing that goal.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0708/reebok-breakout-challenge-thursday-recruiting-roundup/

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
Per Rivals....

Rysheed Jordan, PG, PTP- It's not a question of if the 6-foot-4 point guard from Philadelphia will enter the rankings for 2013 after the summer. It's just a matter of how high he debuts. PTP bowed out in its first playoff round game but it wasn't for lack of effort from Jordan. The kid is big, athletic and always trying to make things happen on each end of the floor.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1240612

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
That will create room.
I hope he goes to Manhattan

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
That will create room.
I hope he goes to Manhattan

I wouldn't write Stith's obituary just yet.  I think he comes out like a man possessed this year and senior leadership is priceless--especially a senior that works as hard as Stith and sets the right tone.

I don't see a logam at point if we sign all our targets.  We'd have only one pure PG, Jevon Thomas, when Jordan gets to campus and Nuri would be a senior if he's still around. 

Kyle will be defending forwards, so there would have to be someone on the court at all times that can defend the point and you can't just rely on Thomas for that.  At 6'4, Jordan could find time at both guards spots.  Pure ball-handlers always find time.