Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »
Will be attending G'town's Midnight Madness.

Kyle made a living attending Gtown Midnight Madness the past few years :)

No kidding!  LOL   He went two years in a row.

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »
Sorry but a kid from Philly who can attend MM at Gtown or ST J and chooses to go to GT is not a good sign IMHO. Wouldn't you choose to go to the place you are more interested in and possibly leaning to. Seems we signed most of our guys who attended MM last year. Besides KA going to GT MM over UCLA makes sense as it is local and 3,000 miles is long way to travel for MM or maybe he became interested in UCLA later on while Jordan supposedly has interest in both us and GT already.

Moose

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »
Sorry but a kid from Philly who can attend MM at Gtown or ST J and chooses to go to GT is not a good sign IMHO. Wouldn't you choose to go to the place you are more interested in and possibly leaning to. Seems we signed most of our guys who attended MM last year. Besides KA going to GT MM over UCLA makes sense as it is local and 3,000 miles is long way to travel for MM or maybe he became interested in UCLA later on while Jordan supposedly has interest in both us and GT already.

Jordan isn't leaning towards us, there is no lean or favorite.

These MM attendees are much ado about nothing.  We already had a bunch of commits by the time MM came up last yr and they attended after committing.

If your theory about Jordan visiting Gtown instead of us holds what are your feelings about McCullough going to Quinnipiac.  See?
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
Jordan is a big PG who is built for our running style.  Putting him in the Princetown offense as the PG is probably not the greatest fit, although Chris Wright did a good job of it. 

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »

These MM attendees are much ado about nothing.  We already had a bunch of commits by the time MM came up last yr and they attended after committing.

If your theory about Jordan visiting Gtown instead of us holds what are your feelings about McCullough going to Quinnipiac.  See?
Your analogy w ith McCullough is a poor one. We all know such a high rated player is not going to Quinnipiac. Not saying where you spend MM is dispositive of where you will end up just that I would feel better if he was coming to our MM. Not saying he is a lean anywhere either.

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 08:18:39 PM »
Did he commit here? He is stickied to the top.

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »
Did he commit here? He is stickied to the top.

No.  Smart phone error by this moderator. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

LJSA

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:40 PM »
I'll be more worried if Jordan goes somewhere else for Midnight Madness during his senior year.

Moose

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2011, 01:40:46 AM »

Your analogy w ith McCullough is a poor one. We all know such a high rated player is not going to Quinnipiac. Not saying where you spend MM is dispositive of where you will end up just that I would feel better if he was coming to our MM. Not saying he is a lean anywhere either.

How is it poor?  You said 'wouldn't you go to where your leaning'?  Can't have it both ways man.  If thats your opinion than translating that into McCullough would have him in Hamden.  Among plenty of other 'examples'

Its not a big deal that Jordan is at Gtown.  He was on campus for skills camp in June already.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:32:22 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Moose

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:06 PM »
He was supposed to be visiting Hall today per Twitter.

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
How is it poor? 

Because Mccullough is not going to Quinnipiac.  Can you say the same about Jordan and Georgetown?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Moose

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »
How is it poor? 

Because Mccullough is not going to Quinnipiac.  Can you say the same about Jordan and Georgetown?

Can't have the theory both ways.  Because where is the line drawn then?  We know a couple of the kids that visited STJ are not BE caliber players.  But there were other reasons for them attending.

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
How is it poor? 

Can't have the theory both ways.  Because where is the line drawn then?  We know a couple of the kids that visited STJ are not BE caliber players.  But there were other reasons for them attending.
Thats your story and you are sticking to it. Not everything is black and white there are shades of gray but if you cannot appreciate the difference so be it. ::)

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:01 AM »

KA attended a couple of MM at Georgetown, but verballed to UCLA.

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »

What's your point? Did you not read the part where I said attendance at MM is not dispositive of where a recruit will end up or do you just not understand the meaning of the word dispositive? ::)

Moose

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »

What's your point? Did you not read the part where I said attendance at MM is not dispositive of where a recruit will end up or do you just not understand the meaning of the word dispositive? ::)

What's your point then?  You still were making a big deal about Jordan going to Gtown, but if its not dispositive like you said then what's the big deal?

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2011, 11:50:28 PM »
Never made a big deal out of it. Just said I would feel better if he was at our MM. Guess I am not entitled to my FEELINGS. Try and get in touch with your feminine side Moose-FEELINGS are very important. :'(

Moose

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
Never made a big deal out of it. Just said I would feel better if he was at our MM. Guess I am not entitled to my FEELINGS. Try and get in touch with your feminine side Moose-FEELINGS are very important. :'(

You called my opinion poor and your now talking about feelings.   ::)

Whatever floats your boat.  Lets get back to Rysheed. 

sju89tr

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »

Last year Jevon Thomas went to Nova MM and they verballed to us within days if I am not mistaken. Would be nice if they would all come to our event but perhaps friends of his were attending Georgetown, who knows. We just need him to take an unofficial to campus this year.   

« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »
MM's impact is wayyyy overrated.  The relationship with the coaching staff and players is paramount to most commits.  The dog and pony show pretty much don't mean squat.  I can just see it: "I chose G'Town because Wale performed at MM - it was amazing"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:18:11 PM by bball purist »