Kentan Facey - PF - Lutheran - Glen Head, NY - CONNECTICUT

• 144 replies
Re: Kentan Facey - PF - Lutheran - Glen Head, NY - CONNECTICUT
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
His Scout profile reminds me of the level talent that Norm Roberts brought in.

Well he's ranked 99 in some most recent rankings.  Guys bloom late.  Especially big men.  Especially big men from another country who haven't been playing basketball long.

Well if you believe all of the so called "offers" he was receiving this summer you would have to believe he is more then capable to play at the Big East level.  I am not sure I believe they all were solid offers but clearly his recruiting picked up. 

Chilleb

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »
I could care less about the commitment, if anything I feel like we dodged a bullet. But what's going on at uconn where kids are committing to play for a 70 yr old Calhoun. Despite him not even being there. You would think a kid who just blew up would wanna enjoy the process and visit every school but instead he pops on the first visit. What in the world is going on at uconn?!???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:59:17 AM by Chilleb »

sju89tr

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
I could care less about the commitment, if anything I feel like we dodged a bullet. But what's going on at uconn where kids are committing to play for a 70 yr old Calhoun. Despite him not even being there. You would think a kid who just blew up would wanna enjoy the process and visit every school but instead he pops on the first visit. What in the world is going on at uconn?!???

I agree 100%

paultzman

« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »

Winning those championships and all the kids playing in NBA may trump losing Calhoun in near future IMO. BTW;

“@LIlightning: Lightning player Kuran Iverson is visiting UCONN today on an unofficial visit, per Lightning coach Andre Harrington”
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:07:14 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »

I agree 100%

+2.  UCONN was his dream school, God Bless him.  Not in love with this kid anyway.

paultzman

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »
Tweet says a lot.

“@DanielJMartin_: Kentan Facey chatter this July: Mix of "That guy is blowing up" and "Is that guy really blowing up?"”

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »

Winning those championships and all the kids playing in NBA may trump losing Calhoun in near future IMO. BTW;

Exactly UCONN is still UCONN

Chilleb

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
Watching an improved Kenton facey added muscle more coordination ,  some potential there

Happy

« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2012, 01:14:40 PM »
Watched him and Chris Atkinson on Saturday night late and Facey absolutely stunk.  He should be dominating on Long Island .

paultzman

« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
Watched him and Chris Atkinson on Saturday night late and Facey absolutely stunk.  He should be dominating on Long Island .

How was Atkinson Happy?

Happy

« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

How was Atkinson Happy?

Good but not good enough right now IMO.  I really like him because he can shoot it and is slippery with the ball... But he is realllyyyyy small.

Chilleb

« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »

How was Atkinson Happy?

Good but not good enough right now IMO.  I really like him because he can shoot it and is slippery with the ball... But he is realllyyyyy small.
We payed them earlier in the year, Atkinson played ok...decent and Kenton did nothing , he had flashes but for the most part did nothing, the kid Tim quashie and Ryan Boyd handed it to us though

paultzman

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
Surprising;

“@NYPost_Brazille: Congrats to UConn recruit Kentan Facey of Long Island Lutheran the Gatorade NY Player of the Year.”

« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
Surprising;

“@NYPost_Brazille: Congrats to UConn recruit Kentan Facey of Long Island Lutheran the Gatorade NY Player of the Year.”

Weak year in Ny

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »
Surprising;

Weak year in Ny

Severe-ly.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
Surprising;

Weak year in Ny

Severe-ly.

Nowhere near what it was in 80's and 90's

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »
Surprising;

Weak year in Ny

Severe-ly.

Like what you did there choz.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
“@AmoreCourant: Kevin Ollie says NCAA is examining Kentan Facey eligibility. Confident it will work out, but not sure. #uconnmen”

LJSA

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »
“@AmoreCourant: Kevin Ollie says NCAA is examining Kentan Facey eligibility. Confident it will work out, but not sure. #uconnmen”

I assume private schools require kids to take four years of everything important, so it should literally take the NCAA 10 minutes to rule on it. Which means they'll let him know in April.

paultzman

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
Familiar saga, hope this works out for him;

“@bylawblog: UConn's Kentan Facey could lose two seasons and sit out this year because of his educational path: http://ow.ly/nFPQI