Kentan Facey - PF - Lutheran - Glen Head, NY - CONNECTICUT

• 144 replies

Moose

Re: Kenton Facey - PF - Lutheran - Glen Head, NY
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1171&script=content.asp&cid=1366356&fid=&tid=&mid=

Here are some highlights-

"Coming to New York was like being thrown into the fire," Facey told Panther-Lair.com. "The intensity was at a whole different level. The speed of the game was the biggest adjustment for me.

"There are a lot of elite forwards in 2013 and I think I am right there with the best of them. I think my athleticism sets me apart but I need to get stronger and continue to get comfortable with basketball over here."

The move to New York has brought more interest to Facey, and Connecticut sent a message when the Huskies offered him a scholarship, joining St. John's, Miami, Hofstra, Florida, Drexel, Rhode Island, and Stony Brook.

"Some other schools have shown interest, like Pitt. They reached out to us and let it be known that they want to recruit me. I think Pitt would be a good look for me, especially with their move to the ACC.

"I know Pitt's players play tough and get after it. I think that is essential in developing at the next level. So I am definitely interested in Pitt. I would like to visit Pitt. I don't know about officials or anything yet because I have only seen Drexel unofficially. I am just focused on getting better and then worrying about visits. Pitt would be a good look though."
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »
Most uncoordinated kid in 2013 no thanks.

NYCoffey

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »
Kenton Facy (The Rens 2013) – Facy holds offers from Connecticut, Florida, St. John’s, Drexel, and Rhode Island with interest from USC and Colorado. He is in no hurry and is not really thinking about the process until after the summer season. He hopes to narrow down a list so that he can decide on a school and sign in the fall.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0611/2012-rumble-in-the-bronx-recap-part-iii/

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »
“@NYCHoops: New Rens SF Kentan Facey (LuHi) attending Amare' Stoudemire Camp in Chicago. #boyshoops #ballislife #basketballneverstops #rivals #aau”

“@NYPost_Brazille: Facey has recently landed offers from Duquesne and Rhode Island and interest from Georgetown, USC, Virginia Tech, per his coach #boyshoops”
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:23:35 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Long Island Lutheran's Kentan Facey on an unofficial to Providence, per @TheRecruitScoop. #boyshoops”

Moose

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Long Island Lutheran's Kentan Facey on an unofficial to Providence, per @TheRecruitScoop. #boyshoops”

Isn't there a controversy now on whether or not unofficials are allowed in July or something I was reading on Twitter.

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »

Isn't there a controversy now on whether or not unofficials are allowed in July or something I was reading on Twitter.

Yeah and there are three other guys visiting Prov. Writers on internet all seem to feel confused, some noting this is a quiet period and no unofficials / officials allowed. Oh, the clarity of the NCAA!

“@jeffborzello: Can't say I'm shocked that the NCAA has some new rule that confuses everyone, including coaches and compliance offices. Par for the course.”
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:23:26 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »
“@friarblog: Figures RT @fobbywobby: Well @bsnowscout broke it down well. The NCAA-issued calendar says one thing but the NCAA handbook says another.”

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »
“@NYCHoops: L.I. forward Sets visit to St. John's http://t.co/cRGagYeT #stjbb #gojohnnies #redstorm #bigeast #ncaam”

Kenton, but I don't subscribe.

mkras99

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »
While Facey has a full schedule playing with the New Rens this summer, Coach Meminger said that he also has a full slate of unofficial visits coming during the first and second weeks of August. "He's going to visit Virginia Tech, St. John's, UConn and Duquesne," Meminger said.

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
Another observation today about Chille's favorite player! Lol

“@Hoopniks: Watching the bigs do work. Chris Walker-Julius Randle matching up at times and can't help but be impressed by 6'8 2013 PF Kenton Facey.”

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »
While Facey has a full schedule playing with the New Rens this summer, Coach Meminger said that he also has a full slate of unofficial visits coming during the first and second weeks of August. "He's going to visit Virginia Tech, St. John's, UConn and Duquesne," Meminger said.

Thanks Mike!

Chilleb

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »

“@Hoopniks: Watching the bigs do work. Chris Walker-Julius Randle matching up at times and can't help but be impressed by 6'8 2013 PF Kenton Facey.”
Lol, a wise man once said potential is slang for " ain't done ish* yet" . Kid is long and athletic but is 120 soaking wet and awkward touch and feet. Idk maybe there seeing something I'm not.

Moose

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

Thats wrong.
His favorite player is Isaiah Lewis ;)

paultzman

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »

Thats wrong.

Lol

Chilleb

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »

Thats wrong.
Atta boy moose .. Ha

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Reached halftime of first game. Kenton Facey just threw down a monster jam. Have a feeling he will be watched by many in July. Runs & jumps.”

paultzman

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »
Chille's man getting attention?

“@NYCHoops: Louisville coach Rick Pitino made an offer to Kentan Facey according to #AAU coach. #boyshoops #LivePeriod #rivals #gocardinals #bigeast”

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »
Chille's man getting attention?

“@NYCHoops: Louisville coach Rick Pitino made an offer to Kentan Facey according to #AAU coach. #boyshoops #LivePeriod #rivals #gocardinals #bigeast”
Must really suk if us and Pitino have offered. :)