Tanner Clayton - PF - Arizona Western College - San Diego, CA

• 8 replies

Moose

Tanner Clayton - PF - Arizona Western College - San Diego, CA
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:15:29 PM »
I don't see anything about us recruiting him but was looking thru top JUCO rebounders and came across his name.  (By the way you'd be shocked to see how many top JUCO rebounders are guards).  Anyway looks like this kid was going to USC to play Volleyball.  And actually saw his name on Team USA volleyball site.

6'9.  Went to Rancho Bernardo HS.  Averaging 11 ppg and 11 rpg in JUCO.  81% from FT line.  6 of 12 from 3. 

Just throwing it out there.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

Re: Tanner Clayton - PF - Arizona Western College - San Diego, CA
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
I don't see anything about us recruiting him but was looking thru top JUCO rebounders and came across his name.  (By the way you'd be shocked to see how many top JUCO rebounders are guards).  Anyway looks like this kid was going to USC to play Volleyball.  And actually saw his name on Team USA volleyball site.

6'9.  Went to Rancho Bernardo HS.  Averaging 11 ppg and 11 rpg in JUCO.  81% from FT line.  6 of 12 from 3. 

Excuse my ignorance, Moose.  Does SJU have a Volleyball team?

Moose

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:27:40 AM »

No
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:06:05 AM »

No

Don't know if they're interested, but looking at where he's playing JC,  Arizona used Volleyball as a lure for several prospects - Chase Budinger the most recent.   Under Lute Olson, they were, known to get around hoops scholarship limitations by hiding a two-sport guy on a volleyball ride.

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 08:18:05 AM »

There are a bunch of mini clips of him on YouTube.  Too short to tell much. 

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »
We have Gift coming back, he knows the system and I doubt there is a juco big out there who would be a significant upgrade.  I think we should just save the ship rather than get another body.

Tiger

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to research this.  Much more enjoyable reading than:  1) Speculation as to when Orlando Sanchez will be eligible.  2)  Who the next coach will be.  3) How much money did it take to get Jermaine L. to commit to Cincy.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
Agree!
1.  No stj for orlandito
2.  We should all be very appreciative to have Lavin as our coach
3.  JL is one recruit, we will get over it.
4.  Rip cap. 

ras

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »
I wouldnt have redshirted Gift, he would have helped us this year and could have been replaced w someone like Clayton.