Around Big East

• 3954 replies

MCNPA

Re: around the big east
« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
#4 I believe.

“@BigEastMBB: Cincinnati G Sean Kilpatrick (27.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg) is 1/21 BIG EAST Player of the Week. St. John's F JaKarr Sampson is Rookie of the Week.”

Seems like every week either Obekpa or Sampson wins Rookie of the Week. Good days ahead for this team.  Need to keep growing and learning.  We could have something special.

Branch's emergence is going to be big for us. he and Harrison have to develop some chemistry out there.  Once hey do, Our backcourt will be tough to stop.
For some reason it seems like DLOs offense has been oiff since Branch has been starting.

Harrison needs to find his role more as a SG and use Branch to get him open instead of relying on taking on every defense by himself.  Harrison will be fine once he finds his rhythm with Branch in there. Our backcourt could be that much better when they get on the same page.  Even though Harrison hasn't scored, we have been much better as a team and won.  We're heading the right direction.

paultzman

« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
ND getting smoked by GT at home.

boo3

« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »

GT is one of those teams that can beat anyone in the country and then lose to anyone just as easily.

« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2013, 09:35:08 PM »

GT is one of those teams that can beat anyone in the country and then lose to anyone just as easily.

Thats us, yo.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »

Thats us, yo.

2010 it was us , for sure.

« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2013, 09:56:04 PM »

Thats us, yo.

That's a number of BE teams as well it appears.  Going to be an interesting BE season to say the least.

ras

« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2013, 10:18:31 PM »

Thats us, yo.
As soon as I read it, I thaught the same thing.

« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »

ND is just not that good, period!

« Reply #348 on: January 22, 2013, 12:15:31 AM »
Big logjam in the middle of the BE, with 5 teams at 3-3.  If we can keep winning, we can find ourselves in a good spot.  Not looking forward to the back end of our schedule.  We need to win now and, hopefully, build on the momentum.

Moose

« Reply #349 on: January 22, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »

Diminishing our win now?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #350 on: January 22, 2013, 01:23:19 AM »

Diminishing our win now?
Standard operating procedure for LM. ::)

« Reply #351 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44:17 AM »
I again agree with Linda.  I don't think ND deserves to be ranked.  They are very overrated.

Moose

« Reply #352 on: January 22, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »
I again agree with Linda.  I don't think ND deserves to be ranked.  They are very overrated.

Before our win over them you felt this way?

« Reply #353 on: January 22, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »

My favorite word, OVERRATED.  Trust me if you analyzed ONLY teams that you think are any good you would have a handful of teams ranked.  That's it.  Overrated implies you think other teams deserve rating OVER them.

Every team is going thru this type of stretch.  Look at Georgetown themselves.  Beat UCLA and took Indiana to OT and then they lose to Pitt by 27 at home and lose to USF on the road.  UCLA looked lost early in the year then won 7 straight and got back in the top 25.

Cincy was thisclose to being 4-0 on the road in BE play (losing to SU after blowing a late lead) and they are THISCLOSE to being 0-3 at home having survived Marquette in OT.  Explain that.

ND beats Cincy on the road and proceeds to get blown out at home to Georgetown.

Marquette is 4-1 in league play this year.  They have already played 3 OT games (UCONN at home, Pitt and Cincy on the road) and a 1 pt game at home to Georgetown (49-48).

Explain how every Big East team except for Syracuse and Marquette have a HOME loss already and we are not out of the 3rd week in January.

paultzman

« Reply #354 on: January 22, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »
My sense is we are making progress with the integration of Branch in lineup and limiting Greene's time. Pleased with Dom's improvement, Sampson and Chris blossoming and Harrison maturing emotionally. That said, on any given night we are vulnerable. Absence of solid perimeter shooting, iffy FT prowess, spotty passing and not playing smart will prove detrimental at times. Beat Rutgers (certainly not a given) and get another four or five BE wins and I will feel we are doing fine. Steal an additional game and this will equate to great success IMO.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:47:48 AM by paultzman »

derk

« Reply #355 on: January 22, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
#4 I believe.

“@BigEastMBB: Cincinnati G Sean Kilpatrick (27.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg) is 1/21 BIG EAST Player of the Week. St. John's F JaKarr Sampson is Rookie of the Week.”

Seems like every week either Obekpa or Sampson wins Rookie of the Week. Good days ahead for this team.  Need to keep growing and learning.  We could have something special.

Branch's emergence is going to be big for us. he and Harrison have to develop some chemistry out there.  Once hey do, Our backcourt will be tough to stop.
For some reason it seems like DLOs offense has been oiff since Branch has been starting.

Harrison needs to find his role more as a SG and use Branch to get him open instead of relying on taking on every defense by himself.  Harrison will be fine once he finds his rhythm with Branch in there. Our backcourt could be that much better when they get on the same page.  Even though Harrison hasn't scored, we have been much better as a team and won.  We're heading the right direction.

Harrison's emergence as more of an all around player is more important to the direction of this team. He sees Branch has a knack for getting and sticking his mid range shot and with JaKarr and Dominick improving their offensive game, it takes the pressure off D'Lo feeling that he has to hoist up shots off the double and triple team.

« Reply #356 on: January 22, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »

Based on the few games I've seen this year (including ours), and looking attheir roster, I'm not that impressed.
Georgetown, while more talented and experienced rhan us, suffers from the same inconsistency bug.  I'm not yet sold on Marquette---although Buzz seems to get the most out of his roster.  Cinci has nothing inside (other than Rubles, who plays more on the wing).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:34:25 AM by simplyred »

Moose

« Reply #357 on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »

Based on the few games I've seen this year (including ours), and looking attheir roster, I'm not that impressed.
Georgetown, while more talented and experienced rhan us, suffers from the same inconsistency bug.  I'm not yet sold on Marquette---although Buzz seems to get the most out of his roster.  Cinci has nothing inside (other than Rubles, who plays more on the wing).

You evaded my question though.  Going into our game before the ball was tipped.  Did you think ND was overrated?

« Reply #358 on: January 22, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »
Btw, they are supposed to be in the "New York market" but I don't recall seeing a single Seton Hall game this year.  Are they on anywhere?

« Reply #359 on: January 22, 2013, 09:45:42 AM »

You evaded my question though.  Going into our game before the ball was tipped.  Did you think ND was overrated?

When I saw that they were in the top 25, I didn't think they belonged there.  Going into our game, I felt we would beat them.  I was more confident going into that game than I was about the Cinci game (although we've done fairly well against both lately).

In short, yes.  Going into our game, I felt that way.  Tell me, besides overhyped Cooley, who is the scary player on that team?