Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »
Nova up 6 at half v. Cuse. Still think Cuse will win, but what is Nova drinking? Ha!

They're playing well.  They are a catholic and I normally want them to win, but I don't think it's in our best interest with nova having a win over us this season.

Archapodomus flops every chance he gets.
Should have went to Duke.

Very annoying player.
He is but I have to give him his due...for a freshmen PG he is pretty good player and appears to be vocal leader 

gman

« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »
Jakarr just got a shout out in the Cuse-Nova game. Announcer said Ryan A and him are two contenders for BEROY.

It's jakarr by a mile IMO. Ryan A has the fact that his team beat nova and cuse but he was 6 for 20 and had more to's than assists. If you polled all 15 coaches I think 15 of them would prefer jakarr. The only difference is that Ryan A is a four year player whereas jakarr is probably 2 and done at most.

jr49

« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »
Ah screw it.  Nova won.  I hope Georgetown does too.  Lates make the top 4 this year marquette, Georgetown, St. johns and Nova!
Cuse loses a road game and you knock em out of the top 4? Really? You think they lose a game at home this year?

« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
Ah screw it.  Nova won.  I hope Georgetown does too.  Lates make the top 4 this year marquette, Georgetown, St. johns and Nova!
Cuse loses a road game and you knock em out of the top 4? Really? You think they lose a game at home this year?

Yes, Feb. 10

« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2013, 09:00:15 PM »

Yup. February 10th. Ill be the only guy wearing red in a sea full of orange.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »

May God bless you.
Also I will supply the $ to bail you out :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »

May God bless you.
Also I will supply the $ to bail you out :)

Haha appreciate the generosity moose but wont be necessary, friend I'm goin with owes me a bail out lol

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2013, 09:19:14 PM »

God speed... And may God have mercy on your soul if the Johnnies win...if you survive stop by kitty Hoynes, great place to have a beer.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »

God speed... And may God have mercy on your soul if the Johnnies win...if you survive stop by kitty Hoynes, great place to have a beer.

Haha there will be no stopping me if we win. They'll have to tear my limbs off to slow me down.  And I'll have to check that place out. Is it in the Irish district?

nudginator59

« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
No, it's actually downtown right next door to daisy dukes which is a cowboy type place. i apologize it has been a few years. There is another bar that is next to a street light that has the green light on top, because the Irish immigrants could not stand have the green at the bottom of the light.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2013, 09:45:12 PM »
No, it's actually downtown right next door to daisy dukes which is a cowboy type place. i apologize it has been a few years. There is another bar that is next to a street light that has the green light on top, because the Irish immigrants could not stand have the green at the bottom of the light.

Thanks for the heads up nud!  I'm goin out in cuse the night before ill be sure to look out for it.

nudginator59

« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2013, 10:32:21 PM »

Thanks for the heads up nud!  I'm goin out in cuse the night before ill be sure to look out for it.
No worries, please let me know what you think and hopefully you will be bragging how St. John's won as well!
Cougar O' Malley

kjd01067

« Reply #432 on: January 27, 2013, 06:24:20 AM »
I should be at the Cuse game as well. I am usually the only one in red there every year. I have been known to wear my johnnies gear even when Cuse is playing someone else. The fans don't usually talk shit they usually just feel bad for me. I would give anything for a johnnies win at the Dome

Poison

« Reply #433 on: January 27, 2013, 08:23:37 AM »
I should be at the Cuse game as well. I am usually the only one in red there every year. I have been known to wear my johnnies gear even when Cuse is playing someone else. The fans don't usually talk shit they usually just feel bad for me. I would give anything for a johnnies win at the Dome

This is always the worst day of the year for me. I have several friends who went to SU. Their fan base, program, school etc. We cannot compete in any way. Not even in our own house. It's maddening. We may never outnumber them in Syracuse, but we need to show some spine in NY if they foolishly keep this "rivalry" going.

Moose

« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2013, 04:09:19 PM »

This is always the worst day of the year for me. I have several friends who went to SU. Their fan base, program, school etc. We cannot compete in any way. Not even in our own house. It's maddening. We may never outnumber them in Syracuse, but we need to show some spine in NY if they foolishly keep this "rivalry" going.

You an STJ grad?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2013, 04:11:10 PM »

You an STJ grad?

No

paultzman

« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
Bruce Beck is doing piece on SJU tonight on Miked Up.

Seth also gives us a kudo!

“@SethDavisHoops: In case you haven't noticed, St. Johns has won four in a row. Could be five with a win at home over DePaul this week.”
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:30:00 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #437 on: January 28, 2013, 10:37:00 AM »
“@BigEastMBB: Villanova G Darrun Hilliard (18.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 3.5 apg) is BIG EAST Player of the Week. St. John's F JaKarr Sampson is Rookie of the Week.”

Harrison on honor roll as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:39:07 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2013, 12:35:21 PM »
“@LennRobbins: JaKarr Sampson with his 5th Big East Rookie of the Week honor, halfway to Carmelo Anthony's 10..Allen Iverson at 9 #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #439 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:02 PM »
“@PSBasketball: RT @goodmancbs: Louisville desperately needs win tonight vs. Pitt -- Cards will be without Blackshear (shoulder) and Kevin Ware (suspension)”