Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #600 on: February 13, 2013, 09:01:46 PM »
By the way, UCONN sent plenty of screens at the top of the key tonight.  Difference is that Boatwright and Napier could turn the corner.

« Reply #601 on: February 13, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »
And DePaul has taken ND to OT

« Reply #602 on: February 13, 2013, 09:02:53 PM »
A horrible uconn team beating cus 65-57 with a minute left.  Love it.  Uconn playing spoiler. I hate both these schools, but uconn isn't going anywhere.  We shouldn't have lost as bad as we did to Cuse. 

Agree on all points---although my dislike of Uconn comes nowhere close to my HATRED for Cuse.

As far as our game, the passing of Coach's dad, Branch being out and Southerland's timely (for them) return, all served to make it a blowout.

Poison

« Reply #603 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:38 PM »
A horrible uconn team beating cus 65-57 with a minute left.  Love it.  Uconn playing spoiler. I hate both these schools, but uconn isn't going anywhere.  We shouldn't have lost as bad as we did to Cuse. 

Agree on all points---although my dislike of Uconn comes nowhere close to my HATRED for Cuse.

As far as our game, the passing of Coach's dad, Branch being out and Southerland's timely (for them) return, all served to make it a blowout.

We always have great excuses for getting our ass kicked. At least we're consistent somewhere. Uconn had a plan for their game tonight. We had no plan on Sunday.

sju89tr

« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

We always have great excuses for getting our ass kicked. At least we're consistent somewhere. Uconn had a plan for their game tonight. We had no plan on Sunday.

We have no freaking luck. No excuses here but if we had Branch it would have made a difference. Not saying a win at the Dome but definitely not a 19 point loss.

Poison

« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »

We have no freaking luck. No excuses here but if we had Branch it would have made a difference. Not saying a win at the Dome but definitely not a 19 point loss.

Every other BE team has a back up point guard. We don't.

sju89tr

« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2013, 09:28:20 PM »

You seem to hate the program so much, why do you bother following ?

Honestly I have known you as a poster for years and you have never been happy

« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »

Poison states the obvious

Poison

« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »

I will be happy when we return to the form we were in before Lou retired. Until then, I'm going to be pretty angry, mainly because I see fans ripping on SU, Uconn and Pitt, and directing nothing at our greatest enemy. St.John's.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:35:47 PM by Poison »

sju89tr

« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2013, 09:45:42 PM »

Poison states the obvious

You sure seem to be a fan also  ::)

sju89tr

« Reply #610 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »

I will be happy when we return to the form we were in before Lou retired. Until then, I'm going to be pretty angry, mainly because I see fans ripping on SU, Uconn and Pitt, and directing nothing at our greatest enemy. St.John's.

Do you even remember the Lou years?

He retired 21 years ago

Poison

« Reply #611 on: February 13, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »

Do you even remember the Lou years?

He retired 21 years ago

Yes, I remember the Lou years. A better question is does Lou remember them?

« Reply #612 on: February 13, 2013, 10:54:58 PM »
We were playing a far superior program, with almost ZERO chance of beating them.  We needed all stars to align in order to have a chance.  We had 3 things go against us as we approached the game. Call them excuses if you want, but the fact is, they were contributing factors to turning the game into a blowout.

Poison

« Reply #613 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:35 PM »
We were playing a far superior program, with almost ZERO chance of beating them.  We needed all stars to align in order to have a chance.  We had 3 things go against us as we approached the game. Call them excuses if you want, but the fact is, they were contributing factors to turning the game into a blowout.

All true. Happens every time we play them. At some point though, it isn't bad luck anymore. It's who we are.

gman

« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2013, 09:22:04 AM »
Boheim calls Katz an idiot and disloyal. Katz basically said its an issue that kids keep having second semester eligibility issues.  Said that the southernland issue surrounding 2 paragraphs in a paper he wrote. He wasn't happy that Katz mentioned the specific issue aloud. Basically Katz spoke the truth and boheim didn't like it.

« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2013, 09:49:46 AM »

You have no clue what you are talking about.  Not every team has an equivalent back up to their starting point guard.  Where do you get this information from?  So Louisville has a back up to Siva?  Who?  Their backup to Siva is to move Russ Smith over to point and bring someone off the bench.  There is no one of Siva's ability though to bring off the bench.  You merely have to move the parts around.  But Louisville is significantly weaker if they do that.  So SJU does the same thing moving Harrison or Greene over but they are WEAKER for doing this.

Syracuse won because they ARE BETTER then SJU right now especially at home. 

Poison

« Reply #616 on: February 14, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
Boheim calls Katz an idiot and disloyal. Katz basically said its an issue that kids keep having second semester eligibility issues.  Said that the southernland issue surrounding 2 paragraphs in a paper he wrote. He wasn't happy that Katz mentioned the specific issue aloud. Basically Katz spoke the truth and boheim didn't like it.

Bingo. And Boeheim ain't Mr. Personality.

« Reply #617 on: February 14, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »

Bingo. And Boeheim ain't Mr. Personality.

Boeheim is being a baby.  And actually Boeheim is very funny but on this one he is being a baby.  I mean "disloyal?"  I didn't know Katz had an obligation to be loyal to Syracuse as a reporter for ESPN.  And it might run deeper then just the Southerland issue.  I don't think Boeheim liked the way Katz covered the Bernie Fine story either.  Here is the clip:

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2013/02/syracuse_basketball_vs_connect.html#incart_special-report

Poison

« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »

You have no clue what you are talking about.  Not every team has an equivalent back up to their starting point guard.  Where do you get this information from?  So Louisville has a back up to Siva?  Who?  Their backup to Siva is to move Russ Smith over to point and bring someone off the bench.  There is no one of Siva's ability though to bring off the bench.  You merely have to move the parts around.  But Louisville is significantly weaker if they do that.  So SJU does the same thing moving Harrison or Greene over but they are WEAKER for doing this.

I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I say that we needed to have a back up point that was as good as Branch? We have no back up.

And no, not every team has an equivalent point guard to their starter. You're responding to yourself there. I am well of that. I'm also aware that Iona, Rutgers, Uconn and Providence have two guys that can play the point. We should as well.

If you don't agree w the importance of the point guard position, I think your understanding of the game is pretty questionable.

« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »

I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Where did I say that we needed to have a back up point that was as good as Branch? We have no back up.

And no, not every team has an equivalent point guard to their starter. You're responding to yourself there. I am well of that. I'm also aware that Iona, Rutgers, Uconn and Providence have two guys that can play the point. We should as well.

If you don't agree w the importance of the point guard position, I think your understanding of the game is pretty questionable.

You implied it by saying "everyone" has a backup.

No they don't.  Obviously one way or another EVERYONE will make up for injuries because no one forfeits games but that hardly is a "backup."