Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #720 on: February 21, 2013, 11:10:39 PM »
As for collapses go look at Nova's finish 2 years ago.

They were 9-5 in the Big East.  Proceeded to lose 5 straight to end the season.  Lost 4 straight to end the regular season and then lost to a horrible S Florida team in the first round of the BE Tournament.  Made the NCAA's as a 9 seed, in other words they weren't even a bubble team made it with ease....

Then proceeded to lose to George Mason in the 1st round to lose 6 straight to end the season.

If they lost 3 of their last 4 And then lost their first game in the bigeast tourny. They would have to to be somewhat nervous on selsecation Sunday. It's not out of question.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #721 on: February 22, 2013, 10:34:33 AM »
I would love to achieve the continuity achieved at Marquette. nice article;

“@SN_Reeves: Rite of spring: Rebuilt Marquette again surprises in Big East, ready to go dancing http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-02-21/rite-of-spring-rebuilt-marquette-again-surprises-in-big-east-ready-to-go-dancing

« Reply #722 on: February 22, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »

“@SN_Reeves: Rite of spring: Rebuilt Marquette again surprises in Big East, ready to go dancing http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-02-21/rite-of-spring-rebuilt-marquette-again-surprises-in-big-east-ready-to-go-dancing

Marquette doesn't rebuild, they just reload

DFF6

« Reply #723 on: February 23, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »

I would love to see Marq beat Nova today.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:29:53 AM by DFF6 »

Poison

« Reply #724 on: February 23, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »

They reload into a pretty good team every year that will probably win one tournament game per year.

sju89tr

« Reply #725 on: February 23, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »

They reload into a pretty good team every year that will probably win one tournament game per year.

They kind of do what St Johns did for years under Coach C 

Poison

« Reply #726 on: February 23, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »

They kind of do what St Johns did for years under Coach C 

that is a good comp

Moose

« Reply #727 on: February 23, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
Wondering

They keep showing the standings on CBS during the Orange Idiots vs. Gtown game.  They show the top 8 schools.  We are also 8-6 in conference but they don't show us. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #728 on: February 23, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »
Wondering

They keep showing the standings on CBS during the Orange Idiots vs. Gtown game.  They show the top 8 schools.  We are also 8-6 in conference but they don't show us.

Its because Nova has a better all around record

Moose

« Reply #729 on: February 23, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »
Wondering

Its sorted by BE standings though, not overall.

« Reply #730 on: February 23, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Wondering

Its sorted by BE standings though, not overall.

I think they just use it as a tie-braker since both teams are 8-6 in league play

« Reply #731 on: February 23, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »
Wondering

Part of the worldwide conspiracy against St. John's! ;)

Moose

« Reply #732 on: February 23, 2013, 05:36:34 PM »
Wondering

Part of the worldwide conspiracy against St. John's! ;)

Wouldn't doubt it

Moose

« Reply #733 on: February 23, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »
Good job by Gtown

boo3

« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2013, 06:20:32 PM »
 Need Marquette to beat down Nova.

Moose

« Reply #735 on: February 23, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »
Archipoddamus should have went to Duke.  He 'never' commits fouls.  The look on his face when he gets called is priceless.

« Reply #736 on: February 23, 2013, 06:53:51 PM »
He is going to be a thorn in our side the next few years.  At least Lubick, one of our other annoying thorns, will be gone after next year. 

Otto Porter put his stamp on BE player of the year today?  Has a lot less offensive talent than the other candidates IMO, and does everything on the floor.

paultzman

« Reply #737 on: February 23, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
Archipoddamus should have went to Duke.  He 'never' commits fouls.  The look on his face when he gets called is priceless.

As annoying as Eric Devendorf.

« Reply #738 on: February 23, 2013, 07:05:39 PM »
He is going to be a thorn in our side the next few years.  At least Lubick, one of our other annoying thorns, will be gone after next year. 

Otto Porter put his stamp on BE player of the year today?  Has a lot less offensive talent than the other candidates IMO, and does everything on the floor.

Who are the other candidates? Russ smith? Triche?

Otto porter is the best player in the league hands Down IMO. It's a damn shame too because had moe of stayed porter would be the second best player in the league.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #739 on: February 23, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Smith doesn't annoy me.  Triche has for years.  He is the most annoying -- more than Archdiowhatever and Lubick, although the latter has gained some steam.