Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Chilleb

Re: around the big east
« Reply #900 on: March 12, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »

« Reply #901 on: March 12, 2013, 07:54:18 PM »
Hall USF game may be the worst basketball game I've EVER seen!  (Hello Mike Patrick).  Seems like no one on USF wants to take the shot.  The pg Collins, who is usually decent, is standing in one spot when he doesn't have the ball, and lets his bigs get trapped and he doesn't move to get the ball.  The Hall looks just as pathetic.  Missed shots and turnovers by both teams.

paultzman

« Reply #902 on: March 12, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »
Hello Mr. McCullough

"Reverse Doomed" Moose?

« Reply #903 on: March 12, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
Hall USF game may be the worst basketball game I've EVER seen!  (Hello Mike Patrick).  Seems like no one on USF wants to take the shot.  The pg Collins, who is usually decent, is standing in one spot when he doesn't have the ball, and lets his bigs get trapped and he doesn't move to get the ball.  The Hall looks just as pathetic.  Missed shots and turnovers by both teams.

I second this post.  The game is impossible to watch.

« Reply #904 on: March 12, 2013, 08:48:29 PM »
it is a painful game. makes me want to gouge my eyes out.  :buck2:

« Reply #905 on: March 12, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »
I know South Florida plays solid defense at times (not like last year though), but how come it seems that the last few years Seton Hall always shoots well against us?

This would be a terrible loss for SHU.  South Florida is miserable.

« Reply #906 on: March 12, 2013, 09:14:46 PM »
Guy just said it turned into a good game.  I know it's on your network but c'mon.

Poison

« Reply #907 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »
I know South Florida plays solid defense at times (not like last year though), but how come it seems that the last few years Seton Hall always shoots well against us?

This would be a terrible loss for SHU.  South Florida is miserable.

They are both miserable. What's the difference?

« Reply #908 on: March 12, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
Different levels of misery this year, lol.

« Reply #909 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:06 PM »
Hello Mr. McCullough
Is Hopkins the heir apparent? Does he have what it takes to take the baton and run?

ras

« Reply #910 on: March 12, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »
Craig Carton tweet. Who knows?

“@cc660: Word on street is Jim Boeheim is out after this year.”
You gotta think the retirement of Boeheim would help our recruiting. He is one tough guy to recruit agaist.

MCNPA

« Reply #911 on: March 12, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »

You gotta think the retirement of Boeheim would help our recruiting. He is one tough guy to recruit agaist.

Losing a coach who has been their head coach since 1976, has over 1000 wins, national championships and built a dynsasty will cause negative effects on all aspects.  It's undeniable because of his gravitas, recruiting prowess and resume'. There is no doubt it would change the reciting landscape not only for Syracuse, but everyone else as well.  Changing to a conference that's rooted in the south also will exacerbate that effect I think.

« Reply #912 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »

Take that step further maybe an opportunity to pick off a couple of transfers

pmg911

« Reply #913 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:28 AM »

Since Mike Hopkins coordinates almost all of their recruiting efforts with Red Autry, I don't think kids will leave if Boeheim does.

MCNPA

« Reply #914 on: March 13, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »

Since Mike Hopkins coordinates almost all of their recruiting efforts with Red Autry, I don't think kids will leave if Boeheim does.

Agree kids might not leave, but let's remember who steers the ship.  Kids commit to that program because Boeheim is at the helm.  Make no doubts.

« Reply #915 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
That is a good point PMG, and I am sure it is something Cuse has done intentionally to maintain stability when Boeheim leaves.  But I do think there is some merit to the notion that some recruits may think twice without Boeheim being at the helm. Ultimately he is who they come to play for, and he is the one with all of those wins and history of developing guys for the league. So I can't help but think certain recruits might second guess the decision, even if they are very familiar with Hop, Autry, etc.

Poison

« Reply #916 on: March 13, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »

Take that step further maybe an opportunity to pick off a couple of transfers

That'll be the day. Other schools aren't as incompetent as us. Except for maybe Seton Hall.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:40:57 AM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #917 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »

In the last 10 years, he's recruited, what maybe 3 New Yorkers. He knows to stay away from overhyped punks.

« Reply #918 on: March 13, 2013, 11:20:14 AM »
In the last 10 years, he's recruited, what maybe 3 New Yorkers. He knows to stay away from overhyped punks.

How silly a statement.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #919 on: March 13, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »

How silly a statement.

It is. You're right, but what I meant is that Boeheim wouldn't bother with the Sebastian Telfair, Lance Stephenson type. He isn't sweating NYC. It's not like he's Pitino, Huggins or Calhoun, and he's built national contenders off of NYC.

He hasn't been recruiting very much here. No more than one guy at a time, if that.