Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #1320 on: September 17, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
just took a look at the big east website for the first time and I have to say it is very disappointing. nowhere could I find standings for each sport, a listing of all the sports, team rosters or anything like that. they def need to spend some time updating the site to make it worth visiting, its pretty terrible at the moment
I don't understand why people care about the conference website that much.  I'm guessing the reason the launch was delayed was to coincide with the announcement of CBS' TV partnership (you'll notice it's a CBS-run website).  Websites iterate over time, and I am sure it will be in a fine place in the next few months. 

Moose

« Reply #1321 on: September 17, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »
just took a look at the big east website for the first time and I have to say it is very disappointing. nowhere could I find standings for each sport, a listing of all the sports, team rosters or anything like that. they def need to spend some time updating the site to make it worth visiting, its pretty terrible at the moment
I don't understand why people care about the conference website that much.  I'm guessing the reason the launch was delayed was to coincide with the announcement of CBS' TV partnership (you'll notice it's a CBS-run website).  Websites iterate over time, and I am sure it will be in a fine place in the next few months. 

+1
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1322 on: September 17, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
If you'll notice it also says that what is up is still just a temporary site and the final site is still not up yet.

paultzman

« Reply #1323 on: September 17, 2013, 03:21:31 PM »
“@5starbasketball: 5 Reasons Why: @georgetownhoyas Is Leading The Recruiting Class of 2014 http://bit.ly/185l10v #5StarApproved”

paultzman

« Reply #1324 on: September 17, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »
Giddens is the big we were hopeful about from Lipscomb's alma mater;

“@OntheRadarHoops: Marquette will be in this afternoon to see 2015's Daniel Giddens & Jaylen Brown Wheeler (GA)”

« Reply #1325 on: September 17, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »

“@OntheRadarHoops: Marquette will be in this afternoon to see 2015's Daniel Giddens & Jaylen Brown Wheeler (GA)”
Were hopeful or are hopeful? Are we out?

paultzman

« Reply #1326 on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »

Don't know.

« Reply #1327 on: September 17, 2013, 07:12:13 PM »

Were we ever in? I dont recall his name and ours ever linked

Moose

« Reply #1328 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »

Our name has never been linked but staff has definitely been down there on 2 occasions.

LJSA

« Reply #1329 on: September 17, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »

Our name has never been linked but staff has definitely been down there on 2 occasions.

But hey, let's all keep making stupid Lipscomb jokes.

« Reply #1330 on: September 17, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »

Lipscomb and Liny - never ending "go to" sources for laughs.

paultzman

« Reply #1331 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:05 AM »
Tiny M looking all over for Wright's phone number;  :)

“@VUhoops: "All signs are pointing to Villanova assistant coach Billy Lange joining the Sixers" http://sbn.to/1eHtCw0
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:23:31 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #1332 on: September 20, 2013, 11:11:33 AM »
Brother played for Cuse, nice upside it appears;

“@CasualHoya: Class of 2014 center Chinanu Onuaku taking an official visit to Georgetown this weekend. (HT @HoyaNation) http://sbn.to/19nyVIv

Marillac

« Reply #1334 on: September 24, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »

Lipscomb looks like a legit college basketball player to me.  Not saying you feel this way (just responding to your post because of the reference), but some of you guys are just nuts.  Yeah, let's publicly make fun of  a hard-working walkon whose father has serious players in his program. 

Poison

« Reply #1335 on: September 24, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
Brother played for Cuse, nice upside it appears;

“@CasualHoya: Class of 2014 center Chinanu Onuaku taking an official visit to Georgetown this weekend. (HT @HoyaNation) http://sbn.to/19nyVIv

His brother was gigantic. Whatever happened to him? I know he got hurt.

Moose

« Reply #1336 on: September 24, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »

Lipscomb looks like a legit college basketball player to me.  Not saying you feel this way (just responding to your post because of the reference), but some of you guys are just nuts.  Yeah, let's publicly make fun of  a hard-working walkon whose father has serious players in his program. 

Lets be fair though.  Nobody had any idea who his dad was and what the motives were pretty much until the season was over.

As for him being a legit college player, I will agree to disagree.

paultzman

« Reply #1337 on: September 25, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »
@EvanDanielsFOX: The new Big East currently has more top 100 commitments than every league, except the ACC.

paultzman

« Reply #1338 on: September 25, 2013, 11:06:54 AM »
GT seems to be creative in ticket sales promotions. I also noticed they will fully reimburse students who buy season tickets if they attend every game. Not sure how they monitor that, but  why not try something novel?

“@HoyaHoopClub: Mini plans available soon for home games. Pick any 5 games for $225 (100 lvl) or $150 (400 lvl). Check out http://www.wearegeorgetown.com/tickets/ for info.”
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:07:24 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #1339 on: September 25, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
Xavier got a commitment from a four star PF today and;

@EvanDanielsFOX: The ACC has 17 top 100 recruits for the 2014 class. Big East now up to 14. There are still 34 available top 100 recruits.